How come nobody mentioned?

Pisces69

Hi all.

I was just wondering how come nobody mentioned the massive jams we had on Monday morning on BKE??? Heard 3 lanes were blocked for several hours.

I was in Jurong at abt 8am n tried to return to Woodlands n end up i reached Woodlands only abt 11am plus. Wah damm tired n hungry.

I was going around in circles trying to get back to Woodlands n ended up I went Turf City walk around n shopping at Giant.

Left at abt 11 am n the jam still along the BKE. One tour bus still along lane 1 n many police around.

I also heard on the radio as I was searching a way back to Woodlands when I heard another accident on the PIE causing another bad jam.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi all.

I was just wondering how come nobody mentioned the massive jams we had on Monday morning on BKE??? Heard 3 lanes were blocked for several hours.

I was in Jurong at abt 8am n tried to return to Woodlands n end up i reached Woodlands only abt 11am plus. Wah damm tired n hungry.

I was going around in circles trying to get back to Woodlands n ended up I went Turf City walk around n shopping at Giant.

Left at abt 11 am n the jam still along the BKE. One tour bus still along lane 1 n many police around.

I also heard on the radio as I was searching a way back to Woodlands when I heard another accident on the PIE causing another bad jam.

Sounded like a very bad jam!! I was planning to go the same way but changed my mind.

Supersonic

Hi all.

Look at google map traffic around 8 am or 7 pm every working day.

You see the same old stories of traffic jams on all expressways and accidents galore.

It helps you to know when to get out and use the normal roads.

Sounded like a very bad jam!! I was planning to go the same way but changed my mind.

Ya tthe jam was super bad. I heard radio was accidednt n 3 lanes of BKE were closed.

I was on KJE abt 8 am but cud not turn into BKE towards Woodlands cos the tail back was maybe >1 KM long.

I went straight towards PIE then also ended up in Bt Panjang. Went tru Upp Bt Timah Rd, Diary Farm Rd, CCK all over the blardy place looking for a route not jammed to Woodlands but everywhere I turned was jammed so I ended up at Turf City so decided to go there look around till the jam clears.

Ended up in Giant n did some shopping n left abt 11am but BKE was still jammed but not so bad as now only 1 lane was blocked by a Tour bus.

This is not uncommon.

This is first time I encountered such massive jams on so many eways n roads for a very long time alrdy.

Maybe cos it was during peak hrs (8am) which made it much worse.

Look at google map traffic around 8 am or 7 pm every working day.

You see the same old stories of traffic jams on all expressways and accidents galore.

It helps you to know when to get out and use the normal roads.

U mean its like this everyday??? [furious]

Then why oh why r we paying soooo blardy much to the gharmen n still we have such bad road designs n traffic planning till such bad jams everyday?????

Maybe we need some fresh new ideas form a new gharmen. Maybe we get much better service.

Cud b the present P8P has been sitting inside for too long n all become complacent till thinking they wil never b kicked out.

Its about time pple banged their table n kicked their chair a bit to wake them up.

Then why oh why r we paying soooo blardy much to the gharmen n still we have such bad road designs n traffic planning till such bad jams everyday?????

Maybe we need some fresh new ideas form a new gharmen. Maybe we get much better service.

Cud b the present P8P has been sitting inside for too long n all become complacent till thinking they wil never b kicked out.

Its about time pple banged their table n kicked their chair a bit to wake them up.

It's nothing new. Even for a vehicle to breakdown along the expressway others will slow down and dunno see what. When comes a bad accident no need to say ppl literally comes to a halt to see see look look. You blame gahment also no use. Ppl kaypoh has nothing to do with them. You just got born in Sgp meh?

• Praise 3

Supersonic

They have a simplistic solution and that's ERP.

If traffic jam every morning around SLE, BKE, put ERP there and traffic magically "disappears".

But when accident happens, you just pay and get jammed.

Bcuz ERP cannot make accident disappears.

ERPs create more accidents and jams.

People slow down when approaching gantry (dunno for fark, as if cheaper), people peep down to check their IU (kaboom hit front car), people feel heart pain when $2 deducted (very sad, heart attack, kabooommm.....)

They have a simplistic solution and that's ERP.

If traffic jam every morning around SLE, BKE, put ERP there and traffic magically "disappears".

But when accident happens, you just pay and get jammed.

Bcuz ERP cannot make accident disappears.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

ERPs create more accidents and jams.

People slow down when approaching gantry (dunno for fark, as if cheaper), people peep down to check their IU (kaboom hit front car), people feel heart pain when $2 deducted (very sad, heart attack, kabooommm.....)

Like that is not erp create a lot of jam. It's a lot of ppl don't do first parade task before moving off.

Supercharged

Hi all.

Its happens now n then and so common, especially in the morning! What's new anyway...

Yesterday morning also jam in TPE from Punggol exit till SLE/CTE exit.....due to a bottleneck at SLE exit, and not by any accident! What's new anyway.....

If its some juicy news about somebody have affair, someone slept with someone's hubby/wife....then its something new !!

[laugh] [laugh]

Oh, wat a waste! You had to cancel you bookings up North....and book again another session, at another morning. [:p]

Supersonic

Ya tthe jam was super bad. I heard radio was accidednt n 3 lanes of BKE were closed.

I was on KJE abt 8 am but cud not turn into BKE towards Woodlands cos the tail back was maybe >1 KM long.

I went straight towards PIE then also ended up in Bt Panjang. Went tru Upp Bt Timah Rd, Diary Farm Rd, CCK all over the blardy place looking for a route not jammed to Woodlands but everywhere I turned was jammed so I ended up at Turf City so decided to go there look around till the jam clears.

Ended up in Giant n did some shopping n left abt 11am but BKE was still jammed but not so bad as now only 1 lane was blocked by a Tour bus.

This is first time I encountered such massive jams on so many eways n roads for a very long time alrdy.

Maybe cos it was during peak hrs (8am) which made it much worse.

Was it a multiple vehicle accident since 3 lanes closed? Involved heavy vehicle again? Cement mixer, tipper truck?

Sian lah ... every evening go back from KJE to BKE (Woodlands) exit jam like shit... and 80% cut queue... Especially the big trucks...

Actually, I feel if there is a stipulation like the bus lane on Expressway such as Heavy Vehicle can only travel on the last lane possible during peak hours. The traffic might just works out smoother. What I've observed so far is that there are way too many slow moving big trucks driving on the faster lane and caused the speed to slow down.

Saw 1 big blue bus and motorcycle. motorbike crash, rider passed away. cos blue police tent was up when i pass by beside the crashed bike around 8.45am that day.

RIP to the rider.

Sian lah ... every evening go back from KJE to BKE (Woodlands) exit jam like shit... and 80% cut queue... Especially the big trucks...

Actually, I feel if there is a stipulation like the bus lane on Expressway such as Heavy Vehicle can only travel on the last lane possible during peak hours. The traffic might just works out smoother. What I've observed so far is that there are way too many slow moving big trucks driving on the faster lane and caused the speed to slow down.

Dojon

If you want slightly faster but abit longer route, you can keep right and go straight and exit at bukit panjang, keep right there is a u-turn. u-turn back then rejoin BKE. at least wont stuck in the long jam.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

When trucks go slow, people complain.

When trucks go fast, people complain.

Problem is, too many trucks running around.

Problem caused by too many constructions going on at the same time.

Dojon

If you want slightly faster but abit longer route, you can keep right and go straight and exit at bukit panjang, keep right there is a u-turn. u-turn back then rejoin BKE. at least wont stuck in the long jam.

Wow, Thanks for the suggestion... Trying later... :D

Turbocharged

Its happens now n then and so common, especially in the morning! What's new anyway...

Yesterday morning also jam in TPE from Punggol exit till SLE/CTE exit.....due to a bottleneck at SLE exit, and not by any accident! What's new anyway.....

If its some juicy news about somebody have affair, someone slept with someone's hubby/wife....then its something new !!

[laugh] [laugh]

Oh, wat a waste! You had to cancel you bookings up North....and book again another session, at another morning. [:p]

LOL, next time I will let you take over my booking, save the cancellation fee!!?

↡ Advertisement