07-05-2014 Accident on Woodlands Ave2.

Scoots

Caught this accident between a grey Altis and a blue pickup truck on the way to work. Not sure if either party needs video for evidence nor if this if of any use. Just putting it down in the slim chance that involved parties are surfing for such info.

Involved party may PM me for video of higher resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOhojt78Vo&feature=youtu.be

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Poor judgement by Altis driver......

However the grey Altis put on signal early but why the silver car in center line die die don't give way?

• Praise 1

Because this is sg, sometimes signal too early, car beside will speed up, preventing u from changing lane.

However the grey Altis put on signal early but why the silver car in center line die die don't give way?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

it is a singaporean thing. if the car signals, it means speed up and block.

i encountered something similar and almost got into accident yesterday.

signalled all the way, the SOB speed up and prevent me from entering the expressway when he wants to exit. [furious]

damn hate these kinda drivers~! [furious][furious][furious]

• Praise 4

This is so stupid, the altis had plenty of time to brake to a stop or slow down sufficiently to change to center lane behind the silver axio.

• Praise 2

Lol ~ kumgong, what is the altis driver thinking

Is tat a JB car ?

I believe the driver was so engrossed in checking his side mirror that he forgot to look where he's driving...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Stupid altis driver lah... expecting that silver car in the middle lane to brake so much to allow over taking is ridiculous...

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

the Axio driver created the accident. Even if he didn't want to give way, he shouldn't be blocking the Altis.

IMO the Axio driver is just inconsiderate but what has he got to do with the accident? The Altis driver should be alert and watch the front even if he is trying to cut out.

At that speed I also might not give way. The Axio didn't even accelerate to purposely block him. If you notice he was actually slowing down because the car infront also slowing down.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

We encounter this everyday - drivers die die not giving way to us.

It is up to us to have to make the right/safe decisions according to the ever-evolving traffic conditions around us.

IMO the Axio driver is just inconsiderate but what has he got to do with the accident? The Altis driver should be alert and watch the front even if he is trying to cut out.

At that speed I also might not give way. The Axio didn't even accelerate to purposely block him. If you notice he was actually slowing down because the car infront also slowing down.

I didn't say Altis driver is not at fault but the Axio driver obviously speed up to block. Braking also same time as altis. May be braked because of the red car...

I think he just wanted to overtake the lorry but did not expect it to come to a stop suddenly

I believe the driver was so engrossed in checking his side mirror that he forgot to look where he's driving...

IMHO Axio driver not at fault. He's pretty close to a car in front of him, and did not deliberately speed up or slow down.

Altis misjudgement lah...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4