Singapore Airlines Plane in trouble again

Dru8999

heart skipped a beat when the news flash came in just now.

1 yr+ ago got SQ not far behind MAS plane that got shot down. Last year got landing gear problem.

All these happened just as the reputation has been rebuilt painstakingly long after the Taoyuan airport and the silkair disasters.

I hope SIA is not going down the same route as SMRT. Don't just worry about bottom line, but better make sure safety is never ever compromised.

Both were not pilot's fault.

When a runway is closed for repairs, the entire runway must be barricaded so that

no pilot can access the runway because it is fenced off. 

During the 1990s, a series of rudder issues on Boeing 737 aircraft resulted in multiple incidents. In two separate accidents, pilots lost control of their Boeing 737aircraft due to a sudden and unexpected movement of the rudder, and the resulting crash killed everyone aboard. A total of 157 people aboard the two aircraft were killed.[1] Similar rudder issues led to a temporary loss of control on at least one other Boeing 737 flight before the problem was ultimately identified. The National Transportation Safety Board ultimately determined that the accidents and incidents were the result of a design flaw which could result in an uncommanded movement of the aircraft's rudder.[2]:13[3]:ix The issues were resolved after the NTSB identified the cause of the rudder malfunction and the Federal Aviation Administration ordered repairs for all Boeing 737 aircraft in service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_rudder_issues

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

plane-fire.jpg

How can ppl not panic when they see this?!

you should ask 'why no selfie or groupfie when they see this?' 

plane-fire.jpg

Cannot imagine the anxiety of the passengers inside and probably the heat they are feeling !!

• Praise 2

Someone took a video from inside the plane. [sweatdrop]

Sure got guts sitting inside during emergency..........  [thumbsup]

Yahoo : Singapore Airlines plane catches fire during emergency landing

A Singapore Airlines plane caught fire while making an emergency landing in Singapore on Monday (27 June), reports say.

Flight SQ368 was bound for Milan and had departed from Changi Airport at 2:05 this morning. Two hours into the flight, the pilot reportedly announced that there was a problem with the engine, and that they needed to turn back to Singapore.

According to a passenger, who had posted a video showing the plane’s wing ablaze, described the “near death” experience on Facebook, saying that the plane was “leaking oil” for three hours before the engine “burst into flames” as it was landing.

“It was a heart-wrenching five minutes! Waiting for the fire engine and fire fighters to put out the fire!,” a post uploaded on premiummall.sg’s Facebook page said.

The passenger, who was still on the plane when posting the video, said that firefighters had put out the fire using foam and water.

“I thank God I am alive! I’m going home to hug my kids…”

Yahoo Singapore has contacted Changi Airport and Singapore Airlines for more details.

Link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-airlines-plane-catches-fire-during-002052201.html

I am very nervous now   :o    [sweatdrop]     [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

The timing could not have been tighter, engines catch fire upon touch down, cannot imagine if that is the case in the air. I don't know if it is because the engine work differently on touch down and therefore it caught fire precisely because it was in 'touch down mode', but whatever it is, I think those at the helm (including firefighters) did a fantastic job.

It is likely due to changing condition upon touch down.

When cruising in the air, temperature is very low.  Unlikely there will be any fire.

Hypersonic

plane-fire.jpg

probably feels surreal when ensconced in the plane cabin

machiam like watching tv

[sweatdrop]  

• Praise 1

I am very nervous now   :o    [sweatdrop]     [lipsrsealed]

No matter how bad SQ service might be, i always feel safe sitting in SQ flight

plane-fire.jpg

There was a bideo on ST this morning.

• Praise 3

(edited)

plane-fire.jpg

Hope SIA scrape off this plane ...... :pissed-off:

Looking at the condition of the burn areas, better sent for scrape .. :ninja:

As people belief that luck doesn't come twice, so the plane has to be scraped... :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I'm flying SQ next week :wacko: :wacko:

I'm in T3 now waiting for flight...

Edited by Dfx16
  • Praise 4

The timing could not have been tighter, engines catch fire upon touch down, cannot imagine if that is the case in the air. I don't know if it is because the engine work differently on touch down and therefore it caught fire precisely because it was in 'touch down mode', but whatever it is, I think those at the helm (including firefighters) did a fantastic job.

Remember this happen to me on ROC flight, e landing at Haneda.

God knows how long the leak happened before they announced it, to be fair we were over water with wet feet.

Now balls in the mouth, who's laughing now.

This is sheer luck. Skin of the teeth really.

Don't use it all up.

Now I go for thanksgiving prayer.

probably feels surreal when ensconced in the plane cabin

machiam like watching tv

[sweatdrop]

Reported by many soldiers in battle. Distancing of oneself from the reality, to cope with the horror.

• Praise 2

My mum was on this flight. She was so scared. But the pilot n crews were calm. But the bravest of all? The firemen! She said they just did their job without hesitation.Very very well trained.

Thank you to those staffs. My outmost respect to them.

Thank God that everyone is safe and sound :)

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

plane-fire.jpg

Actually this brings a question to mind, what if the fire is near or over the part where the emergency chute is supposed to be deployed, thereby preventing deployment? Does it mean no escape short of breaking some glass in an area away from the fire, jump down and hope don't break legs?

• Praise 1