Techron Concentrate

Etnt

Supercharged

ok ok... me checking out now.

[:)]

thanks bro.

sibeh pah bai leh.

cannot search the forum for topics.

register liow, need admin to approve after verification email link is clicked then can log in.

sigh... now i wait. :huh:

↡ Advertisement

sibeh pah bai leh.

cannot search the forum for topics.

register liow, need admin to approve after verification email link is clicked then can log in.

sigh... now i wait. :huh:

use Google. :D

no need to register. :D

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=techron+concentrate+plus&oq=techron+con&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i60l2j69i61.3539j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

use the third link. :D

Twincharged

There is a small card on the cashier's counter,saying If you used their Techron 98 from the start,you don't need this...

Supercharged

There is a small card on the cashier's counter,saying If you used their Techron 98 from the start,you don't need this...

actually, i was thinking, yeah... caltex advertises it.

i am sure the other companies also add some of these to their gas. do we really need this in cars that are <10 years old?

Reading the BITOG, there are mixed reviews leh.

and mostly for the acura. that is a performance car, rite?

Turbocharged

Read before the Techron in the 95 and 98 aren't as much concentrated as the additive bottle.

Twincharged

These additives are for countries like Laos,Vietnam & Indonesia,where they only sold low class petrol,our petrol are among the best in Asia,no need this.

remember

direct injection engine cannot clear intake valve

Is this not possible? According marketing claims, this product is able to clean intake value.

Supersonic

Is this not possible? According marketing claims, this product is able to clean intake value.

DI is direct injection.

Fuel doesn't pass by the intake valves, so anything added to the fuel is useless as it can't clean DI intake valves, unlike normal fuel injection.

I think the Red Line SI-1 Complete System Cleaner is better. Tried STP, Techron and Gumout. Redline still works best.

Also its cheap and can be bought online for only $16.50.

DI is direct injection.

Fuel doesn't pass by the intake valves, so anything added to the fuel is useless as it can't clean DI intake valves, unlike normal fuel injection.

Since DI where fuel doesn't pass by intake valves, the intake valves probably won't get dirty anyway.

Since DI where fuel doesn't pass by intake valves, the intake valves probably won't get dirty anyway.

wrong

there is EGR and PCV to contend with, dont assume only clean air comes in, valves are to close off the combustion chamber, u have mix of air coming in from EGR/PCV returns, as well as minor amounts flowing out from combustion chamber when it closes

• Praise 1

wrong

there is EGR and PCV to contend with, dont assume only clean air comes in, valves are to close off the combustion chamber, u have mix of air coming in from EGR/PCV returns, as well as minor amounts flowing out from combustion chamber when it closes

just curious.. how do you clean the valves for DI? Does KlearKarbon or Decarbonise or Motorvac or Liqui Moly Jet Clean works?

drive harder and longer distances. lol....

just curious.. how do you clean the valves for DI? Does KlearKarbon or Decarbonise or Motorvac or Liqui Moly Jet Clean works?

Supersonic

It depends on how you want to clean:

1. Shock - empty one bottle into a full petrol tank. You can plan to do this once or twice a year.

2. Slow - 1/10 or about, add to every full petrol tank

Also look at the instructions on the bottle.

PEA is proven to remove gum or thingy clinging to fuel injectors affecting spray pattern.

Would pumping 2-3 tanks of Tech 98 before reverting back to 95 achieve the same effect?

Supersonic

Would pumping 2-3 tanks of Tech 98 before reverting back to 95 achieve the same effect?

If I remember correctly, Chevron (or Castrol) mentioned somewhere that Techron in its fuel is probably only about 1% and 10x less dilute than Techron Concentrate.

http://www.chevron.ca/commercial/techron.asp

Assuming, they add a little more Techron to 98 than 95, you might get a bit more Techron.

However, it does change the fact that at 95, the octane rating is lower, and whether your car needs the higher rating or not.

Since petrol is sold by volume, if you get more additive, you get less petrol for the same volume.

(edited)

mine is D4-S direct injection. found a thread on the BMW US forum http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679186 also mentioned that intake valves cannot be clean by additive. However, if you look at the first post, Chevron reply to the thread starter enquiry is that the chemical is able to clean the intake valves.

Quote:

it burns in the combustion chamber it cleans the injectors and the rest of the combustion chamber including intake valves.

unquote:

what i understand from reading, it is the design of direct injection. The inlet valves are never washed with fuel during the induction cycle.

I just added a bottle yesterday. the engine immediately feel a lot smoother and very responsive/willing to revs. anyway, it is inexpensive so try try lar. [drivingcar]

DI is direct injection.

Edited by Earthboy
↡ Advertisement