Techron Concentrate

Etnt

Techron is PEA. PEA is good.

Even Subaru knows it.

attachicon.gifsubpea.jpg

I only know in our local market using PEA or similar is Techron and Redline.

The rest using parrafin/kerosene base are just junk.

↡ Advertisement

I only know in our local market using PEA or similar is Techron and Redline.

The rest using parrafin/kerosene base are just junk.

Hi,

could you please elaborate why paraffins are "just junk" to you?

Dear all,

For review on using techron concentrate.

I poured in the contents to an almost empty tank according to instructions.

1) First tank } Gained 40km

2) Second tank} Back to average mileage

3) Third tank} Still monitoring, but based from what I foresee. It seems like worse than average.

Mileage base on 70% highway and 30% normal road. Gentle acceleration.

Supersonic
(edited)

Dear all,

3) Third tank} Still monitoring, but based from what I foresee. It seems like worse than average.

If you have gummed-up injectors that requires cleaning, techron will help up to a certain stage.

Once it's more or less clean, you don't expect the mileage to continue to improve.

Since the car is a complex machine, other parts could be deteriorating at the same time, negating any positive effects that you may see, such as MAF or O2 sensors.

Edited by Kb27

Hypersonic

Dear all,

Unless your 3 tank road conditions and route used is always the same, if not you will need more tank to monitor.

If you have gummed-up injectors that requires cleaning, techron will help up to a certain stage.

Once it's more or less clean, you don't expect the mileage to continue to improve.

Since the car is a complex machine, other parts could be deteriorating at the same time, negating any positive effects that you may see, such as MAF or O2 sensors.

Tks Kb 27.

I thought will always have the +40km gain (plus- minus)

Unless your 3 tank road conditions and route used is always the same, if not you will need more tank to monitor.

Tohto,

Travelling patterns the same (weekdays). Going to work and back home.

Weekends different.

Hi,

could you please elaborate why paraffins are "just junk" to you?

I refer to Bobtheoilguy when it comes to oils.

I refer to Bobtheoilguy when it comes to oils.

Thanks! I did a quick google on Bobtheoilguy website and are you referring to the chlorinated paraffins ?

(edited)

There are 170 pages of discussion regarding oil additives and not limited to chlorinated parrafin.

Anyway I cannot find the safety data sheet for your product at your website. I would really like to know the content.

Edited by Pms
  • Praise 1

There are 170 pages of discussion regarding oil additives and not limited to chlorinated parrafin.

Anyway I cannot find the safety data sheet for your product at your website. I would really like to know the content.

Possible to let me have the link? Really can't seem to find the 170 pages discussion at all. I keep stumbling upon engine oil and base oil etc. [sweatdrop]

Do drop us an email at [email protected] for the MSDS.

Thank you!

Possible to let me have the link? Really can't seem to find the 170 pages discussion at all. I keep stumbling upon engine oil and base oil etc. [sweatdrop]

Do drop us an email at [email protected] for the MSDS.

Thank you!

Since you publicly asked why paraffin-based additives are junk, you should jolly well share the MSDS for your product publicly as well.

Something to hide?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Since you publicly asked why paraffin-based additives are junk, you should jolly well share the MSDS for your product publicly as well.

Something to hide?

I'm just curious about PMS's statement and just like him to elaborate more... hmm.. Caltex Techron concentrate plus also do not have their MSDS listed on their website. (http://www.techron.com) (www.caltex.com.sg)

Do they have something to hide too? [rolleyes]

Moreover, i've already stated PMS to drop us an email for the request of the MSDS..

I do not see we have anything to hide.. :blink:

Take a chill pill, mate!

Edited by MazNitro
  • Dislike 1

I'm just curious about PMS's statement and just like him to elaborate more... hmm.. Caltex Techron concentrate plus also do not have their MSDS listed on their website. (http://www.techron.com) (www.caltex.com.sg)

Moreover, i've already stated PMS to drop us an email for the request of the MSDS..

I do not see we have anything to hide.. :blink:

Take a chill pill, mate!

Techron is a proprietary patented formula, it's in their best interests to restrict public access

I don't see how secretive a small bottle of paraffin solution can be.

As an advertisor n seller, the way u approach this discussion is controntational and not collaborative toward a healthy discussion

There are things in the market that are proven, and there are junk snake oil masquerading as miracle oils

Consumers have to decide whether to spend money on these junk and need info to make an informed decision , not base on shield seller saying his shield is godly, heck even the best condom can poke hole.

Furthermore there is a risk of engine damage or unwanted deposits left behind from some cleaning solutions even those like motor vac and liqui moly.

I don't see anything wrong in users asking for more info, but as they said seems u want to hide something

• Praise 1

Caltex website has the link for the msds on their website, If you look harder.

You expect me to dig out the pages on bobtheoilguy for you? Please help yourself.

I rather you make the msds available on your website for the public.

It will be interesting to know if your product is different from the rest of the kerosene/paraffin based products.

Techron, PEA is a proven product.

When it comes to kerosene/paraffin based products, there will be doubts because snake oils use those. Yeah having a msds available does help a little.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

In their countries cars with the same petrol can sit for a long time and when the petrol evaporates gunk are left in the injectors and carbs and the alcohol dries the rubber. Plus the cold keep condensing stuff.

In sg, the cars get used on a daily basis and the quality of fuel is good, air n weather is good, and cars are generally in excellent condition. so personally do not see the need for it, if it feels sluggish, I will bring it for a long excercise and it would be better.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

http://www.techron.com/techron-concentrate-plus/

Polybutene Amine (PBA) and Polyether Amine (PEA) are two chemical technologies originally developed and patented by Chevron to help clean harmful deposits from carburetors, injectors, valves, and ports. Although commonly found in most consumer fuel system treatments, PBA still leaves behind combustion chamber deposits, preventing an engine from being restored to its original performance.

Not only does Techron Concentrate Plus have enough PEA to help remove deposits from your fuel system in one tankful, but it also can clean and protect your fuel system sensors from sulfuric buildup – which can cause faulty fuel gauge readings.

↡ Advertisement