Techron Concentrate

Etnt

(edited)

I have tried the techron concentrate. Got it specially shipped in from US. But so far, it seems to me that it has no effect on my car. When I smelt what was inside the bottle, it smelt like paint. So I'm not sure what's inside the fuel additive. I'm intending to try Berryman B12 Chemtool next but that will probably be just before my next servicing.

Edited by Fastfive1

i used a bottle of techron concentrate recently. bought from local caltex station. absolutely no perceptible improvement to the fuel efficiency or performance of the car. but it did fix the engine start hesitation that i've been experiencing for awhile. now my engine can start smoothly. it used to have a sub-second hesitation. that's the only thing i notice after using the product.

I'm just curious about PMS's statement and just like him to elaborate more... hmm.. Caltex Techron concentrate plus also do not have their MSDS listed on their website. (http://www.techron.com) (www.caltex.com.sg)

Do they have something to hide too? [rolleyes]

Moreover, i've already stated PMS to drop us an email for the request of the MSDS..

I do not see we have anything to hide.. :blink:

Take a chill pill, mate!

Do you take us for children or fools? Your question was clearly confrontational and defensive, as evidenced by your continued response on this matter. Man up and be clear about your intentions and your agenda rather than clumsily trying to hide behind a wall of (poorly written) words and excuses.

Anyway, no surprise when snake oil salesmen like yourself get your panties in a twist when the scientific validity of your product is directly or indirectly highlighted to be weak or completely lacking. You don't see established brands like Caltex or Redline conducting their business in such a manner, do you? Maybe take a leaf out of the big boys for once.

I also having milelage reduced after using Maz Nitro for 2 tanks.Usually i get 550km for 1 tank,now only manage to get 500km.

What do you expect from such product with such exaggerated claims and a lack of scientific research backing it up?

I use Redline SI-1 on a regular basis. Never noticed any significant mileage improvements but it sure as hell improves the driving experience for me as the engine revs smoother with every half-bottle added to a full tank.

did you test the mileage on the second fill up without maznitro?

Now my milelage become worst after i stop using Maz Nitro,still monitoring to see whether it will go back to normal.

when will u guys start learning not to add junk which burn and result in leaving more deposits than it takes out

want improve mileage?

change your oil / whack malacca and back / change your oil again

Those using the heron concentrate, y don't u pump caltex petrol - the cashier told me if u pump their petrol no need for this as it oredi premixed, no?

when will u guys start learning not to add junk which burn and result in leaving more deposits than it takes out

want improve mileage?

change your oil / whack malacca and back / change your oil again

The simplest way to clean your engine is to drive long distance with high octane petrol such as 98 or v power. The high octane fuel will burn out the carbon deposits in the engine.

Also to change your engine oil and the relevant filters at the required mileage intervals.

No need to spend extra $$

The simplest way to clean your engine is to drive long distance with high octane petrol such as 98 or v power. The high octane fuel will burn out the carbon deposits in the engine.

Also to change your engine oil and the relevant filters at the required mileage intervals.

No need to spend extra $$

Long distance? Take note that not many people are like you, willing to travel up north or drive long distance "just to clear carbon deposits"

Usage of high octane fuel will results in more carbon deposits than burning out carbon deposits?

Look here

http://www.whatprice.co.uk/petrol-prices/high-octane-fuel.html

High octane is used ONLY if the manufacturer recommends it - Even if most of the manufacturers recommend running your vehicle on high octane, it is highly advised to blend regular and high octane to save costs. For example, if your vehicle runs on 89 octane (as recommended by the manufacturer), then filling half of the tank with 87 and the other half with 89 would be a good choice. You do not have to be certain for the exact octane as it does not harm your engine in anyway. Regular usage of high octane could lead to the development of carbon deposits on engine valves causing damage and hindering performance.

Long distance? Take note that not many people are like you, willing to travel up north or drive long distance "just to clear carbon deposits"

Usage of high octane fuel will results in more carbon deposits than burning out carbon deposits?

Look here

mclairs, why not you go and pump in 92 petrol (lowest octane available in Singapore) for your car then update us if it helps to reduce carbon deposit in your engine.

mclairs, why not you go and pump in 92 petrol (lowest octane available in Singapore) for your car then update us if it helps to reduce carbon deposit in your engine.

Been pumping RON92 on my Toyota Vios FL since the day we bought the car. Now car already 8yrs old. No problem so far other than wear and tear parts.

By pumping higher RON that is not indicated by the manufacturer manual doesn't give u the extra horsepower or whatever shit. Tested and proven by so many people out there.

• Praise 2

Look here

bro, read in entirety - while the last point is there, it also mentioned high octane fuel is to avoid knocking of engine, wc experienced during full throttle. so best to mix recommended n low octane. in any case, car manual also advised against redlining wc affects engoine longevity.

(edited)

Dear all,

For review on using techron concentrate.

I poured in the contents to an almost empty tank according to instructions.

1) First tank } Gained 40km

2) Second tank} Back to average mileage

3) Third tank} Still monitoring, but based from what I foresee. It seems like worse than average.

Mileage base on 70% highway and 30% normal road. Gentle acceleration.

Dear all,

For review on using techron concentrate.

I poured in the contents to an almost empty tank according to instructions.

1) First tank } Gained 40km

2) Second tank} Back to average mileage

3) Third tank} Still monitoring, but based from what I foresee. It seems like worse than average. Minus 50km. [furious]

4) Fourth tank} Will feedback again

Mileage base on 70% highway and 30% normal road. Gentle acceleration.

Edited by Divers
  • Praise 1

Just use Red Line S1-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

STP and Techron are so-so only.

I'm on my second bottle of SI-1 already. I use it every 5000km. Very affordable.

Prior to using Red Line SI-1, I have not added any additives to my petrol tank for at least 1 yr.

Immediately after pouring it in it has consistently given me 1.5 km/L more. The fuel economy gains persisted until the fourth pump. By the fifth pump, the gains dropped to 1km/L and slowly diminish. After 3000km, my FC was back to the level before i used. Waited till 5000km as per instructions and poured in another bottle. Voila! I'm back to 1.5km/L more.

I used an App to measure my fuel consumption each pump and my pattern of driving has been very consistent 80% city / 20% highway.

Also another effect is that the car feels lighter and much more responsive. Based on butt dyno.

And no, i'm not a red line salesman.

my friend has had good results using Sonax Fuel System cleaner. I may try that next.. but that is slightly more exp.

Redline use pea. 30% in content.

Sonax is parrafin based.

Thanks for the feedback Divers.

Redline use pea. 30% in content.

Sonax is parrafin based.

Thanks for the feedback Divers.

No prob Pms,

We are here to share. Next one, I will try redline S1

Sometime using these kind of cleaner will drop fc for the first tank, it's normal cos of the cleaning effect, maybe 2-3 tank also drop

After try so many of these before

Come to realise sometime good engine oil at shorter interval and pumping 98 Ron is all u need.

If need add ingredient, klear karbon

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1