Maybe baby ?

Ysc3

Twincharged

anyone recently had a child ?

Instead of looking at motherhood forums, I think that since it's the guy that foots the bill' its more appropriate to ask the dads here.

so how does it go ? what does one do after pregnancy is confirmed ? (went to Thomson Medical for a confirmation scan.)

what will happen or what should one do in the forth coming months ?

when to make appointment at hospital for delivery ? I am looking at SGH.

last but not least, how much $$ to put aside ??

pls don't refer me to the website(been there) ... coz I would appreciate real life experiences instead.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Instead of looking at motherhood forums, I think that since it's the guy that foots the bill' its more appropriate to ask the dads here.

so how does it go ? what does one do after pregnancy is confirmed ? (went to Thomson Medical for a confirmation scan.)

pls don't refer me to the website(been there) ... coz I would appreciate real life experiences instead.

SGH got deliver baby meh? mostly like KK, Mt Alvernia or Gleneagles.

now got bay bonus, cost would be the least worried unless you opt for presidential suite [laugh]

as for Gynae, dun look for Dr Lee [sweatdrop]

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694329-painful-caesarean/

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Congratz! Since you ask so must be your first. [thumbsup]

Get a good gynae. Important. Appointment can wait. Now still early.

Hard to tell you how much to put aside cause it's case by case. If natural birth, around $5k should be enough. Other than that, depends already.

Twincharged

this has been discussed here wayyy before. you might want to search

maybe my search keywords are not that catchy ... but time might have changed and so its refreshing to have newer feedbacks and advise.

Congratz! Since you ask so must be your first. [thumbsup]

Get a good gynae. Important. Appointment can wait. Now still early.

Hard to tell you how much to put aside cause it's case by case. If natural birth, around $5k should be enough. Other than that, depends already.

went to Thomson medical to confirm the pregnancy ... so do I stay with them all the way ??

or can/should I find another alternative later ?

Turbocharged

Congrats.

Make a list of all the things you want to do before the wife pops, because "what will happen" is that life will never be the same again after that.

what does one do after pregnancy is confirmed ? (went to Thomson Medical for a confirmation scan.)

• Praise 3

Any private clinic in HDB estates could confirm first and then ask the doctor to recommend one.

Why Thomson Medical ? very expensive unless you wiling to spend that kind of money. KKH could do the work and if you think you want special attention for your wife & bady, than choose Class A ward at KKH lor. No matter how, still a few thousands cheaper the TMC from start to baby birth.. -_-

Both my children borned in KKH (old KKH)

Hypersonic

maybe my search keywords are not that catchy ... but time might have changed and so its refreshing to have newer feedbacks and advise.

went to Thomson medical to confirm the pregnancy ... so do I stay with them all the way ??

Up to you whether you want to stay with them. My wife gave birth in Mt E. The gynae was very good. Very clear and experience. Once you confirmed the gynae, you will know where to give birth.

SGH got deliver baby meh? mostly like KK, Mt Alvernia or Gleneagles.

now got bay bonus, cost would be the least worried unless you opt for presidential suite [laugh]

as for Gynae, dun look for Dr Lee [sweatdrop]

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694329-painful-caesarean/

I just came back visiting people from SGH, really got quite a number giving birth here

Up to you whether you want to stay with them. My wife gave birth in Mt E. The gynae was very good. Very clear and experience. Once you confirmed the gynae, you will know where to give birth.

Rich mcfer spotted :D

Any private clinic in HDB estates could confirm first and then ask the doctor to recommend one.

Why Thomson Medical ? very expensive unless you wiling to spend that kind of money. KKH could do the work and if you think you want special attention for your wife & bady, than choose Class A ward at KKH lor. No matter how, still a few thousands cheaper the TMC from start to baby birth.. -_-

Both my children borned in KKH (old KKH)

Thomson still ok le my aunt gave birth there only 3-4k in class 2

paging @little_prince and @donut

need your recent experiences here. I know Donut, in Sep2013

Is the doctor u feel good? If yes then continue lor

Turbocharged

paging @little_prince and @donut

need your recent experiences here. I know Donut, in Sep2013

You don't want to share your birth experience with Turbo meh?

You don't want to share your birth experience with Turbo meh?

u mean disposal?

after pregnancy confirm. find a good gynea that your wife comfy with. skill or age or whatever not impt. more crucial is your wife must trust the gynea. mine was at TMC. Dr Madeline tan. quite motherly. and experienced.

the doc will advise you what to do. Usually sign a package, and monthly go back to check and ultrasound etc.

Which hospital will depend on the gynea. some gynea will be affiliated to certain hospital. they will advice. If going TMC sign up for the First born intiative. got some discount for prenatal courses etc and hospital bills and oscar test etc.

cost wise is actually quite standard across the hospitals. 5-10k depending on whether single room or 4to1 room. natural vs caesarean. epidural or GA etc. too many variables.

personal advice.

1. go for the prenatal classes. although it's common sense, but it's a big help. at least you don't panic when it actually happens

2. one month before the edd. prepare a hospital bag with all the critical stuff she needs for hospital stay. underwear. pumps, etc

3. settle the confinement lady early. good ones are usually fully booked up to 6mths in advance. i booked after the first trimester and had to call 5-6 before i got one confirmed.

4. buy all the baby stuff early, while the missus is still able to walk and shop with you. don't wait until after birth then buy. otherwise will be very rushed and stressful. buy from amazon is much cheaper. i bought avent pumps,bottles etc from there is abt half the price of sg.

lastly, congrats! and enjoy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1