C&C free brake pad checks?

Corgified1

this morning saw an ad abt C&C giving free brake pad checks for Mits/Kia cars. Anyone tried this before? Really free?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Why need to go c&c to check brake pads?? As a driver, it is essential to have the knowledge of brake pads wear rate and know when it is time to change. There are normally signs for u to pick up when the brake pads are due to be changed. You can also monitor the brake pads thickness on ur own. If you do not know when it is time to change, you are putting ur live at risk, as well as other drivers. Stay safe.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Is C&C business so bad that they had to come out with such marketing?

Once enter lion den, hahahahaha..... they will not let u off .........

• Praise 3

come on lah....when have they ever force you to change something? i know you are anti C&C but one have to be constructive in their comments too

Is C&C business so bad that they had to come out with such marketing?

Once enter lion den, hahahahaha..... they will not let u off .........

Agree with Picanto on this. I went for the brake pad check today. The staff actually told me it was only 50% worn out still can last for some time, depending on my driving habit. They’ll check again if I go back for my next servicing, no need to change for now. So just monitor whether the brake lights got come up or not.

As a newbie, first time owning a car, I also ask them how to check brake pad. They told me I can check the outside but not accurate. Must hoise up or remove wheel to see the inner part as a precautionary measure. The staff really very helpful and friendly leh, somemore so patient when I ask so many qn and I just leave without paying for anything! Abit paiseh.. haha! [;)]

• Praise 1

Agree with Picanto on this. I went for the brake pad check today. The staff actually told me it was only 50% worn out still can last for some time, depending on my driving habit. They’ll check again if I go back for my next servicing, no need to change for now. So just monitor whether the brake lights got come up or not.

As a newbie, first time owning a car, I also ask them how to check brake pad. They told me I can check the outside but not accurate. Must hoise up or remove wheel to see the inner part as a precautionary measure. The staff really very helpful and friendly leh, somemore so patient when I ask so many qn and I just leave without paying for anything! Abit paiseh.. haha! [;)]

I hope they use brake pad or drum wear gauge to do the checking and now with their pair of eyes.

post-272-0-42532900-1400835660_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-17730200-1400835669_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-30910500-1400835679_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Supersonic

If your brake light come up, and it's not due to your parking brake, it's due to brake fluid low, and not a measure of brake pad thickness.

It's not difficult to check on your own brake pads.

You just need a torchlight to shine at the pad. If there's a slot in between the pad, it's easier to see the thickness or what's left. Turn your steering to one end and it would be easier to check.

Hoist ? Probably no need.

most of the time cannot see what they are doing

I hope they use brake pad or drum wear gauge to do the checking and now with their pair of eyes.

Turbocharged

Next time if they offer free checking of wiper fluid level I wonder how many ppl will go....

Some go there for some kopi and snacks I guess. [laugh]

Next time if they offer free checking of wiper fluid level I wonder how many ppl will go....

Supersonic

Sometimes Komoco also give free checks.

I know someone who went there and was told this and that need to change.

It's not really "free" since they want you to pay to fix this and that.

And the free checks are for them to drum up business.

They already offered foc wiper fluid detergent few months ago.

Not sure how many people go back to C&C to kena carroted after warranty expires or free servicing (inclusive of oils and filters).

I am rather certain that i will not. Got bad experiance there and the prices for simple expendables like filters are ridiculous.

Smelly smelly go to some HKS garage also slightly cheaper than them...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

What to do when there are so many sinkie driver still think AD will provide the best service.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2