Greedy Singaporeans suppressing wages of fellow Singaporeans

Aimnfire

actually when i read the article

i remember a friend who use to work in local company many years ago

the company have an urgent meeting

in the meeting they said they cannot afford to pay bonuses because blah blah blah

all was tulan but ok lah at least got work right

then the following week the boss bought 25k painting and proudly hung on his office wall

my friend straight away tender

• Praise 4

Its a sad world we are living in.

Its not unlike many rich owners, would rather spend money themselves (when they can very afford to), then improve say safety of the workers, like putting workers on back of pickup (which is banned in many first world countries), instead of maybe a mini bus.

Its me, me me.

I know people will go, get off the high horse, everyone is selfish. Of course, but its like saying every one is bad. There are many levels of bad. Litter is bad, but a whole different level from pulling out a gun & shoot someone bad.

My point being, the 5000 extra bucks you save or so you for yourself doesn't drastically change your lifestyle, but the same amount distributed, could means a lot to your employees.

• Praise 9

in the meeting they said they cannot afford to pay bonuses because blah blah blah

then the following week the boss bought 25k painting and proudly hung on his office wall

In this case, he will remain jobless for long long time if he finds out every boss spend on luxury for himself [rolleyes][rolleyes]

• Praise 1

the boss may have bought the $25k painting using his personal monies whereas the company may really have financial difficulties..eg. Steve Jobs may draw a $1 yearly salary from Apple but his personal wealth is still vast

Turbocharged

Wait till you have a fark up boss who requested all employees to help control expenses due to economy crisis, even buy stapler also have to share and then Knn, he went overseas trip for 3 weeks and came back with zero business order and claim around 100k expenses for that trip... Cb... Enjoy his farking business trip with wife like honeymoon but worker tighten belt......

• Praise 6

That has always been the case.

Here or anywhere.

Now or since time started.

Anyone would have done the same if running a business.

The thing is even I also know this logic that a business owner will always try to squeeze every ounce to make the business more profitable, would those making policies not know of this logic?

Why would then policies allowed such exploitation?

Because if i know my performance indicator is tied to the growth of an economy, I would do my best to push for high growth,

Makes me look good....and get good bonus

More businesses profitable, more spendings,

more spendings=more demand over limited resources thus, spender willing pay more for better quality product and services.

Driving all the professionals income to increase....

If my pay is benchmark to them, why would I not make them rich.

• Praise 2

That is life. People are selfish and the system encourages it, so acknowledge the phenomenon and move on.

Life is short, so treat people with respect, whether you are a worker or the boss.

• Praise 5

Many companies also like that. The higher post get all the benefits. Example company car + petrol + road tax + insurance + maintenance. When come to salary increment they say company not doing well. Need to coat cutting. Yet they hold on to the big company car. Its a taboo to talk about these perks. Cant even suggest to down grade to smaller car. Even when change car they will decide again the big toy they want. At the same time squeeze for cost cutting.

Supersonic

amongst developed nations, Its not exclusive to Sin. But in Sin, its exacerbated.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

This is our society :(

It's evident everywhere in our lives.

I shall not say much abt them, even though have encountered personally.

Life is fair.

If the retribution don't come in your life, it will come in your children lives.

Just a matter of time.

Same goes to good deeds too.

You may not be the be beneficial now, but your children will get the rewards :)

• Praise 3

Ask yourself, ft the company is in financial difficulty, would the staff dun draw salary (lend the boss your money) or jump ship?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wait till you have a fark up boss who requested all employees to help control expenses due to economy crisis, even buy stapler also have to share and then Knn, he went overseas trip for 3 weeks and came back with zero business order and claim around 100k expenses for that trip... Cb... Enjoy his farking business trip with wife like honeymoon but worker tighten belt......

Such a boss, if ever he gets robbed / bashed up and the robbers abandon him by the roadside bleeding, maybe his workers who happen to go pass will turn their face away and continue their way, not stopping to help.

Anyway there are bosses who care for their workers, but they are the rare breed.

Turbocharged

That is life. People are selfish and the system encourages it, so acknowledge the phenomenon and move on.

Life is short, so treat people with respect, whether you are a worker or the boss.

Its ok for those who suffer to vent their steam, and then move on. I wont rob them of the freedom to vent such frustrations even there's no way I could help them to bash their bosses [grin]

Turbocharged

That has always been the case.

Here or anywhere.

Now or since time started.

Anyone would have done the same if running a business.

The thing is even I also know this logic that a business owner will always try to squeeze every ounce to make the business more profitable, would those making policies not know of this logic?

Why would then policies allowed such exploitation?

Because if i know my performance indicator is tied to the growth of an economy, I would do my best to push for high growth,

Makes me look good....and get good bonus

More businesses profitable, more spendings,

more spendings=more demand over limited resources thus, spender willing pay more for better quality product and services.

Driving all the professionals income to increase....

If my pay is benchmark to them, why would I not make them rich.

What's happening to the body who represents the workers, eg ntuc?

Hypersonic

What's happening to the body who represents the workers, eg ntuc?

Think they more interested in finding more avenues to have their Fair Price :D

They just announced the outlet at Kallang Mall.

But to be fair, they did offer subsidy for all NTUC house bland.

They are helping in some subtle ways.

But, good to just revert back to their vision.

Helping the poor, and PMET personnel in retaining their jobs

It is not easy to set up a company, it is even harder to keep it going and profitable. Once the company has achieved certain target, definitely it is all up to the business owner how to use the profit. This is the boss' right as business owner. Rewarding his employees depends on his business strategy.

As for the employees, they have to ensure they produce result to make them relevant to the company, otherwise how to justify they earn their salary and other incentive. But if they are not happy about it, they always can jump ship...

So everyone in the company has to know clearly his position, right, responsibility and accountability.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4