Hyundai genesis 2015 singapore

Spurman

Supercharged

http://www.hyundai.com/sg/en/Showroom/Passenger/Genesis-2014/PIP/index.html

Called my previous se who confirmed they will bring in this ride soon.

But likely 3.8cc version. Priced close to BMW 520i.
In the us, the base 3.8cc is priced like 10k usd off BMW535 if I am not mistaken.

It's a large car. Close to BMW 7 series, s class but selling at base BMW 5 series.

In Korea, there r 4 variations.
3000cc,
3300cc,
3800cc,
5000cc....

Road tax of 3800cc looks to be a killer at avg 1.8k per half yr. hee.

I think Singapore Hyundai should bring in the base 3000cc or 3300cc for our roads and nshw ride. More than decent horses already....

I am determined to have a look at this ride. It's looks freaking awesome on youtubes and have garnered super reviews in the us so far.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

In the us, the base 3.8cc is priced like 10k usd off BMW535 if I am not mistaken.

It's a large car. Close to BMW 7 series, s class but selling at base BMW 5 series.

3000cc,

3300cc,

3800cc,

5000cc....

I think Singapore Hyundai should bring in the base 3000cc or 3300cc for our roads and nshw ride. More than decent horses already....

I am determined to have a look at this ride. It's looks freaking awesome on youtubes and have garnered super reviews in the us so far.

but its still in same class as e class and 5 series...

7 series equivalent is hyundai equus or kia k900

imo If bring in 3.8l k900 more justifiable ...

3.8l might sink the genesis like those holden cars

I think this genesis will end up like the toyota royal crown

agreed a close reference

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Do agree that 3.8 might not sell well. Coz competitors mostly using 2.0 or 2.5 Liao and better Fc though maybe not as luxurious.

A turbo charged will be good but dun think genesis is designed with turbo charged.

Do go take a look at the actual car when it arrives on our shore to judge

wah.. so many years liao now finally have the RHD version. ...

frankly rear wheel drive will reduce rear seat middle row feet space (hump).

Even person sitting in the middle row of S class long wheel base version may feel cramp because of this.

It is more pronounce for middle size saloon cars eg E class, 5 series, A6.

Thats why lexus ES interior space is better than the more powerful lexus GS.

I am not surprise if the K5 or i45/sonata rear leg room for middle/centre seat can be superior/more spacious than Genesis.

• Praise 2

frankly rear wheel drive will reduce rear seat middle row feet space (hump).

Even person sitting in the middle row of S class long wheel base version may feel cramp because of this.

It is more pronounce for middle size saloon cars eg E class, 5 series, A6.

Thats why lexus ES interior space is better than the more powerful lexus GS.

I am not surprise if the K5 or i45/sonata rear leg room for middle/centre seat can be superior/more spacious than Genesis.

Seriously, when you are buying a car in this mid size sedan category, is the rear hump even going to be a concern?

You are buying a car, not a van.

• Praise 1

Seriously, when you are buying a car in this mid size sedan category, is the rear hump even going to be a concern?

You are buying a car, not a van.

Unfortunately yes, especially when 3 passengers need to be seated behind, the middle row is the least comfy.

But agree, no issues for the one who is driving, and RWD supposedly drive better/more premium?

(edited)

hw081692.jpg

The transmission tunnel looks ok lah, not too high. But the rear seats looks like it's design for 2. Maybe a child is able to sit in inbetween comfortably in the rear.

Yeah. I also agree brand conscious Sgp buyers won't even go near this brand if they are looking at something more dan 3.0L. But they are willing to go for pimp up toyota, lexus.

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

confirm wont sell...face value v impt in sg

I fully agreed . although it looks very impressive. but still a Korean and worse if it is priced at level similar to those large luxury car level.

• Praise 2

Unfortunately yes, especially when 3 passengers need to be seated behind, the middle row is the least comfy.

But agree, no issues for the one who is driving, and RWD supposedly drive better/more premium?

The solution to comfortably ferrying 3 behind for such cars is really simple and is probably practised in most families who don't like to squeeze. Add another mpv or just take another car along. I mean seriously, whether you are buying a ang moh 5 series or jap gs, the middle bench was never really designed to sit anyone for long journey. They just assumed every other person in the family will drive there on his own.

FWD or RWD, I really cannot tell any difference when driven sedately or cruising on the expressway. Spirited driving wise, rwd ftw.

• Praise 1

confirm wont sell...face value v impt in sg

Thats very true. In Korea this model is designed to fight imports of BMW and MB.

Even in Korea upwardly mobile people are going for German cars

and they think rich people in other countries will buy an expensive Hyundai?

:D

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thats very true. In Korea this model is designed to fight imports of BMW and MB.

Even in Korea upwardly mobile people are going for German cars

and they think rich people in other countries will buy an expensive Hyundai?

:D

Its definitely not going to appeal to the (rich)masses of course. Hyundai knows this, and thus only project to sell only a few hundred in the UK.

There were similar cars in the past, Hyundai's own XG and Azera, Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300C, Nissan President, Daewoo Chairman. They all managed to flog a few in their time. The Genesis is arguably a superior car today compared to those cars in their days.

It will appeal to a small number of left-field buyers who see the car for what it is, are very value conscious and prioritises comfort, quietness, equipment and refinement over sportiness and handling. Definitely not for brand whores. Like someone said, the same people that are drawn to Toyota Crowns. Like me. LOL

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

(edited)

3000cc,

3300cc,

3800cc,

5000cc....

I think Hyundai SE use their bottom thinking, obviously this car will be no market in singapore,

if the ppl who is driving this category car, definitely are somebodies, budget is not issue, so many luxury options for them, like BMW 7 series, Merc S series, Audi 8, Lexus LS series...etc, who want to drive a Korean brand to join his friends' luxury series? [:p]

for normal employee, no one is interesting on this kind of car, rather go for Camry/Accord/Mz6 enough

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 2

I think Hyundai SE use their bottom thinking, obviously this car will be no market in singapore,

if the ppl who is driving this category car, definitely are somebodies, budget is not issue, so many luxury options for them, like BMW 7 series, Merc S series, Audi 8, Lexus LS series...etc, who want to drive a Korean brand to join his friends' luxury series? [:p]

for normal employee, no one is interesting on this kind of car, rather go for Camry/Accord/Mz6 enough

If Komoco really prices it at base 5-series levels, Genesis drivers could well be happily boasting to his 520i/E200/A6 pals about his 315bhp 3.8V6, top-level equipment and limousine refinement..haha!

I think Hyundai is just showcasing the Genesis to Europe and this part of the world, to show consumers what they are capable of, to debunk some myths, since they have already achieved some success in the US. I don't think they were hoping for big sales.

↡ Advertisement