• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
168 replies to this topic | 257 praises

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.hyundai.c.../PIP/index.html

Called my previous se who confirmed they will bring in this ride soon.

But likely 3.8cc version. Priced close to BMW 520i.
In the us, the base 3.8cc is priced like 10k usd off BMW535 if I am not mistaken.

It's a large car. Close to BMW 7 series, s class but selling at base BMW 5 series.

In Korea, there r 4 variations.
3000cc,
3300cc,
3800cc,
5000cc....

Road tax of 3800cc looks to be a killer at avg 1.8k per half yr. hee.

I think Singapore Hyundai should bring in the base 3000cc or 3300cc for our roads and nshw ride. More than decent horses already....

I am determined to have a look at this ride. It's looks freaking awesome on youtubes and have garnered super reviews in the us so far.

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hope its w 8AT & not DCT.

2.0 TC would have been a safer bet.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

Observer
  • Premium member
    Observer
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

confirm wont sell...face value v impt in sg

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

Yamapi
  • Yamapi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think this genesis will end up like the toyota royal crown

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hope its w 8AT & not DCT.

2.0 TC would have been a safer bet.

like XJ 2.0T

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In the us, the base 3.8cc is priced like 10k usd off BMW535 if I am not mistaken.

It's a large car. Close to BMW 7 series, s class but selling at base BMW 5 series.

3000cc,
3300cc,
3800cc,
5000cc....

I think Singapore Hyundai should bring in the base 3000cc or 3300cc for our roads and nshw ride. More than decent horses already....

I am determined to have a look at this ride. It's looks freaking awesome on youtubes and have garnered super reviews in the us so far.

but its still in same class as e class and 5 series...

7 series equivalent is hyundai equus or kia k900  

imo If bring in 3.8l k900 more justifiable ...

3.8l might sink the genesis like those holden cars

I think this genesis will end up like the toyota royal crown

agreed a close reference

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Do agree that 3.8 might not sell well. Coz competitors mostly using 2.0 or 2.5 Liao and better Fc though maybe not as luxurious.

A turbo charged will be good but dun think genesis is designed with turbo charged.

Do go take a look at the actual car when it arrives on our shore to judge

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Tt_hh
  • Tt_hh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

wah..  so many years liao now finally have the RHD version. ...

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

wah..  so many years liao now finally have the RHD version. ...

frankly rear wheel drive will reduce rear seat middle row feet space (hump).

Even person sitting in the middle row of S class long wheel base version may feel cramp because of this.

It is more pronounce for middle size saloon cars eg E class, 5 series, A6.

Thats why lexus ES interior space is better than the more powerful lexus GS.

I am not surprise if the K5 or i45/sonata rear leg room for middle/centre seat can be superior/more spacious than Genesis.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

Zyklon
  • Premium member
    Zyklon
    5th Gear
    Author Image

frankly rear wheel drive will reduce rear seat middle row feet space (hump).

Even person sitting in the middle row of S class long wheel base version may feel cramp because of this.

It is more pronounce for middle size saloon cars eg E class, 5 series, A6.

Thats why lexus ES interior space is better than the more powerful lexus GS.

I am not surprise if the K5 or i45/sonata rear leg room for middle/centre seat can be superior/more spacious than Genesis.

Seriously, when you are buying a car in this mid size sedan category, is the rear hump even going to be a concern?

You are buying a car, not a van.

Mercs praised this

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Seriously, when you are buying a car in this mid size sedan category, is the rear hump even going to be a concern?

You are buying a car, not a van.

Unfortunately yes, especially when 3 passengers need to be seated behind, the middle row is the least comfy.

But agree, no issues for the one who is driving, and RWD supposedly drive better/more premium?

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmc/documents/sitecontent/mdaw/mdc0/~edisp/hw081692.jpg" alt="hw081692.jpg">

The transmission tunnel looks ok lah, not too high. But the rear seats looks like it's design for 2. Maybe a child is able to sit in inbetween comfortably in the rear.

Yeah. I also agree brand conscious Sgp buyers won't even go near this brand if they are looking at something more dan 3.0L. But they are willing to go for pimp up toyota, lexus.

Edited by Watwheels, 16 June 2014 - 04:32 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I fully agreed . although it looks very impressive. but still a Korean and worse if it is priced at level similar to those large luxury car level.

Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Zyklon
  • Premium member
    Zyklon
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Unfortunately yes, especially when 3 passengers need to be seated behind, the middle row is the least comfy.

But agree, no issues for the one who is driving, and RWD supposedly drive better/more premium?

The solution to comfortably ferrying 3 behind for such cars is really simple and is probably practised in most families who don't like to squeeze. Add another mpv or just take another car along. I mean seriously, whether you are buying a ang moh 5 series or jap gs, the middle bench was never really designed to sit anyone for long journey. They just assumed every other person in the family will drive there on his own.

FWD or RWD, I really cannot tell any difference when driven sedately or cruising on the expressway. Spirited driving wise, rwd ftw.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thats very true. In Korea this model is designed to fight imports of BMW and MB.

Even in Korea upwardly mobile people are going for German cars

and they think rich people in other countries will buy an expensive Hyundai?

:D

Toeknee_33 praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thats very true. In Korea this model is designed to fight imports of BMW and MB.

Even in Korea upwardly mobile people are going for German cars

and they think rich people in other countries will buy an expensive Hyundai?

:D

Its definitely not going to appeal to the (rich)masses of course. Hyundai knows this, and thus only project to sell only a few hundred in the UK.

There were similar cars in the past, Hyundai's own XG and Azera, Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300C, Nissan President, Daewoo Chairman. They all managed to flog a few in their time. The Genesis is arguably a superior car today compared to those cars in their days.

It will appeal to a small number of left-field buyers who see the car for what it is, are very value conscious and prioritises comfort, quietness, equipment and refinement over sportiness and handling. Definitely not for brand whores. Like someone said, the same people that are drawn to Toyota Crowns. Like me. LOL

Edited by Toeknee_33, 19 June 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

3000cc,
3300cc,
3800cc,
5000cc....

I think Hyundai SE use their bottom thinking, obviously this car will be no market in singapore,  

if the ppl who is driving this category car, definitely are somebodies, budget is not issue, so many luxury options for them, like BMW 7 series, Merc S series, Audi 8, Lexus LS series...etc, who want to drive a Korean brand to join his friends' luxury series? [:p]

for normal employee, no one is interesting on this kind of car, rather go for Camry/Accord/Mz6 enough

Edited by Quantum, 19 June 2014 - 04:39 PM.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think Hyundai SE use their bottom thinking, obviously this car will be no market in singapore,  

if the ppl who is driving this category car, definitely are somebodies, budget is not issue, so many luxury options for them, like BMW 7 series, Merc S series, Audi 8, Lexus LS series...etc, who want to drive a Korean brand to join his friends' luxury series? [:p]

for normal employee, no one is interesting on this kind of car, rather go for Camry/Accord/Mz6 enough

If Komoco really prices it at base 5-series levels, Genesis drivers could well be happily boasting to his 520i/E200/A6 pals about his 315bhp 3.8V6, top-level equipment and limousine refinement..haha!

I think Hyundai is just showcasing the Genesis to Europe and this part of the world, to show consumers what they are capable of, to debunk some myths, since they have already achieved some success in the US. I don't think they were hoping for big sales.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Saw this one at Incheon Airport.

Quite imposing.

I think this exercise is more to up the brand quotient of the Hyundai brand in Singapore more than hoping to sell this model in big quantity.

If Komoco really prices it at base 5-series levels, Genesis drivers could well be happily boasting to his 520i/E200/A6 pals about his 315bhp 3.8V6, top-level equipment and limousine refinement..haha!

I think Hyundai is just showcasing the Genesis to Europe and this part of the world, to show consumers what they are capable of, to debunk some myths, since they have already achieved some success in the US. I don't think they were hoping for big sales.

Attached Thumbnails

• kcar.JPG

Edited by Davidtkl, 22 June 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Felt that this model has lost its originality. The long nose and headlights resemble those on a BMW 7 series. Side view is like Teana, while to grille is Audi. It seems like the gulping gap is an in thing these days, the bigger the better. Audi has it, Mazda has it and now Hyundai adopting it on Genesis too. That gulping grille never appeals to me at all.

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Hyundai Genesis

Hyundai Genesis  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mjklbkldl  |  2nd Gear

Refreshing breath of fresh air apart from the Germans, Japs etc

Amazing stance. Very stylish and if not for the engine cover which sports a slanted "H", one is unlikely to tell its a Kim Chi. Yes, its a little bit of a me-too from the usual luxury brands like Jag/Lexus/Beemer, but very well put... » Read More

Hyundai Genesis

Hyundai Genesis  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Purplexus  |  2nd Gear

Formidable Korean luxury sedan

Decided to give this most interesting Korean luxury sedan a go after driving the ES250 which is a serious contender for the replacement of my aging Jag. I must say Asian manufacturers now dominate consumer electronics and are muscling into Eu... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Hyundai Genesis

Quick Reply

Tags: hyundai, genesis, 2015 and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users