Hyundai genesis 2015 singapore

Spurman

Supersonic

The only reason it will not fly is

B A D G E

In term of FC, 7.7km/L for city cycle is fairly good.

Comparatively, BMW 535 is 8.5km/L.

is that from brochure? if so, reality could be ~5km/litre.

↡ Advertisement

is that from brochure? if so, reality could be ~5km/litre.

Both numbers are from US portal of respective automaker.

Supersonic

Both numbers are from US portal of respective automaker.

US portal as in AD website? In that case, I will less at least 25%.

US portal as in AD website? In that case, I will less at least 25%.

If buying car at this price tag still look at FC, might as well buy Camry. Cheaper & better FC.

Supersonic

If buying car at this price tag still look at FC, might as well buy Camry. Cheaper & better FC.

Wait. Erh. Actually ur right. forgot that its 3.8L meant to fight with S Class & 7 Series. Good reminder.

• Praise 1

Wait. Erh. Actually ur right. forgot that its 3.8L meant to fight with S Class & 7 Series. Good reminder.

I don't think it could be at the same level as S class or 7 series. The most fight with BMW 535 or E350.

The design is really a mash up of audi, bmw, jag & aston martin. What happen to the more original design of I45, I40??

Supersonic

I don't think it could be at the same level as S class or 7 series. The most fight with BMW 535 or E350.

Just too a look at the Gallery, the length does look a tad short for the limo 7 & S class.

Length somewhat like an in between 5 & 7 /// E & S.

I think car of this category, actually the KIA K900 is looking a lot better dan Genesis.

http://www.cnet.com/products/2015-kia-k900/

5L V8 !!. These under rated Kim Chis, maybe when the K Pop gen make their mark, we would see more of these. haha

Just too a look at the Gallery, the length does look a tad short for the limo 7 & S class.

Length somewhat like an in between 5 & 7 /// E & S.

5L V8 !!. These under rated Kim Chis, maybe when the K Pop gen make their mark, we would see more of these. haha

When i watched Korean Drama Three days, it shows a convoy of Genesis ferrying Korean President. Very sart le.

Seriously speaking, how the resale value of Hyundai cars?

If one is willing to spend 230K for a car, will one still consider resale value....? All bro knows if want resale value, buy a Toyota.

When i watched Korean Drama Three days, it shows a convoy of Genesis ferrying Korean President. Very sart le.

The only time we will see a convoy of this is when AD bringing them in on top of a lorry... :P

(edited)

With OMV of less than 50K but likely selling price of 229K, the Genesis will not sell well.

Bear in mind that PIs are offering E250 Avantgarde at 220K with OMV of about 50K. C&C is about 235K with rebates and over trades.

The Genesis has better engine and features included as standard. But it has significantly higher Road tax, higher fuel consumption and without the luxury badge and dealership experience.

Even Infiniti has problem moving their M37, and they have a better dealership and at least some brand exclusivity.

Hyundai needs to price the Genesis right, offer the right warranty, full features and other perks to succeed. Position it as a smart choice for discerning and confident drivers who appreciate the right attributes of luxury and who are not overly concerned with the badge. But we hear the manager is keen to position the pricing to reflect the luxury status at around 229K.

That's not going to work at all. Pity. It looks to be a nice car.

Edited by Vblaster_w211
  • Praise 3

If one is willing to spend 230K for a car, will one still consider resale value....? All bro knows if want resale value, buy a Toyota.

The only time we will see a convoy of this is when AD bringing them in on top of a lorry... :P

Not totally true. There are many people who buy expensive cars. Once warranty about to end, they will sell their cars. $ is $, who will not be bother with their $.

If they dun bother about resale value & $, why they sell cars before warranty expire? It is coz they know that they need to fork $ to repair the cars when breakdowns.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Just came out with a 3.6 GDI engine and 8 speed automatic and has air suspension but its cheaper than the most basic e class and 5 series

And it has a full leather interior even on the dashboard

Edited by KAY123
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

We'll said

I think car of this category, actually the KIA K900 is looking a lot better dan Genesis.

http://www.cnet.com/products/2015-kia-k900/

Kia K900 is equal to Hyundai Equus and Merc S class or 7 series

Genesis will be to Kia K7 and Audi A7

Thats what i see. If K900 were to reach our shore, the price can be above 250k. Loving feature from k900 is to start ur car thru ipad. So before u reach ur car, u can start the car engine first and turn on the aircon especially important during hot day.

Its A7 probably.

The design is really a mash up of audi, bmw, jag & aston martin. What happen to the more original design of I45, I40??

Thats ok to me, u cant make super luxury look based on i40/i45 design. Need something more dashing look and elegant

Hypersonic
(edited)

A few years ago I ride in the previous model Genesis as a hotel limousine service in Korea from airport. I think it is using the 4.6L V8 engine. I was very very impressed!!

Edited... I think the car I ride is HyundaI Equus, not Genesis.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement