Hyundai genesis 2015 singapore

Spurman

I was thinking maybe Komoco view this car as for those who purchase but not driving themselves?? Hire a driver to drive the car... therefore, no navigation included?

Warped logic, my friend.

↡ Advertisement

I was so looking forward to buying this car after all the raving reviews.

In US, there is the upgradable option to a 9.2 inch touch-screen LCD panel, plus a controller at the central console (like the i drive system in BMW). The best of 2 worlds!

Alas. It was not to be.

Supercharged

In usa. This model sèems to score well. Non brand concious buyers will buy this over equivalent models like the ls460. Gs350. Bmw 535.

To compare e200. 520 against this is wrong though. Powerwise sure lose to genesis.

And it really seems that genesis is really built for that market.

not sure you guys got it wrong. I did not read thru the 5 pgs...

Genesis is not made to pit against the S Clase or 5/7 series. Its more like a higher end Teana, Camry, or more to pit against the Lexus and Infinity.

They have the Equus, which is higher end then Genesis, and is to compete against the S Class and 7 series.

I go Korea often and sat in both before. I must say the Equus is really nice car to sit in. Very comparable to the S Class.

Twincharged

Only problem is we always don't get all the features available elsewhere. That is probably why many Singaporeans still think hyundai no good.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

not sure you guys got it wrong. I did not read thru the 5 pgs...

Genesis is not made to pit against the S Clase or 5/7 series. Its more like a higher end Teana, Camry, or more to pit against the Lexus and Infinity.

They have the Equus, which is higher end then Genesis, and is to compete against the S Class and 7 series.

I go Korea often and sat in both before. I must say the Equus is really nice car to sit in. Very comparable to the S Class.

Go showroom see see or search youtube for a start.

Paper specs quite high... thus i do say bmw520. E200. Bmw528. E250 not a match besides being slightly smaller and power.

Lexus gs not a match to genesis and infiniti base models also no fight.

Lets to honest. We guys also dunno much about the american markets. But hyundai is doing a great job there convincing the americans to pick hyundai to each of its class.

In sinkie however a slight different story.

To be honest. I had the chance to go to the showroom to touch the genesis. Interior is really top notch. Space is huge.

So if really forced to compared to bmw 520. 528 and e class 200 n 250.

Space::

Winner genesis

Interior looks n touch n seats::

Genesis really win. Dun believe go showrooms see. I did and went over to mercedes for 5 mins to see the e class. Ya. Genesis holds its premium against e class. Of coz s class is champion. But s class it top tier.

performance::

No brainer unless bmw550 and e500 comes in to compete.

Regardless of spec, bottom line is whether you will really buy a BMW, Merc or a Hyundai car when u need to fork out > $200K in S'pore?

(edited)

Space::

Winner genesis

Interior looks n touch n seats::

Genesis really win. Dun believe go showrooms see. I did and went over to mercedes for 5 mins to see the e class. Ya. Genesis holds its premium against e class. Of coz s class is champion. But s class it top tier.

From the driver's persepective, interior and seat in e-class doesn't give you the feeling that is is in the same leageue as the GS and 5 series.

Komoco got give overtrade or discount?

Edited by Zyklon

Supercharged

My humble comments::

Genesis base model at 3800cc v6 engine with 300 over horses and 300 torque iss well. Too much power for singapore.

That makes the the base e class and base 5 serieswell below in power.

Anyway pricewise genesis is competing against

1. Bmw 520

2. E180n 200

3. A6 base model.

Size genesis is clear winner

Gadgets genesis win.

Badgewise genesis trails of coz..

Test drive the Genesis, Lexus ES 300 hybrid and BMW 520 over the weekend :

Genesis : For : Big, luxurious interior , quiet, great features, comfortable 'jaguar-like" ride.

Against: Price, features not as comprehensive as those available in the USA, SE not well trained unlike the lexus

and BMW, Brand, re-sale value, high road tax.

BMW : For: Handling

Against: Bare interior, hard ride , not worth the price

Lexus: For : Big, roomy interior, price

Against: Seats not comfy, not as smooth and powerful as the old model with 6 cyclinders, handling.

VERDICT: If going for ride comfort and luxury, buy Genesis. If want a sports saloon, go for BMW. If price is key consideration,. Lexus is the one.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Genesis : For : Big, luxurious interior , quiet, great features, comfortable 'jaguar-like" ride.

Against: Price, features not as comprehensive as those available in the USA, SE not well trained unlike the lexus

Against: Seats not comfy, not as smooth and powerful as the old model with 6 cyclinders, handling.

VERDICT: If going for ride comfort and luxury, buy Genesis. If want a sports saloon, go for BMW. If price is key consideration,. Lexus is the one.

Unfortunately the truth is, perhaps especially in Singapore, the badge value is very important. So many will still overlook this car when splashing out the dough...

Edited by Kar_lover

Twincharged

Need to consider the badge also. In Singapore the badge probably takes the biggest share in people's consideration. Plus the Genesis in Singapore not as well spec as those elsewhere.

• Praise 1

It perfectly understandable that there will be a problem with value perception if the car is Branded 'hyundai'. But it is branded as 'Genesis'. Very much like what Toyota has done coming up with the Lexus brand. Only difference is that Toyota has set up Lexus as a separate brand with its own entity but Hyundai has not done so , parking Genesis under the existing same businesses and networks. It is like a half hearted branding exercise that does not do justice to the brand. For the septics, my suggestion is to go and test drive. Lexus is not even close to the Genesis.

That said, Komoco has to do a better job. It is as tho' they are not interested in marketing the Genesis. The SE that attended to me is not well trained and was not able to answer some of my basic queries. The pricing is also not convincing enough to swing would be buyers still caught in the conti mindset. It is a pity given that the car has so much promise.

• Praise 1

managed to drive the genesis few days ago.

They only have one car, for test drive, not a single one in the showroom.

But really impressed with the features and ride.

No GPS and no panaromic roof (for the higher spec version) is a let down.

Agree $230 + + can buy lexus/merc etc.

objectively, it may be a good car. but since when is buying a car in Singapore objective? when you're spending that kind of money, what the car makes you feel like when you step out of it on a wet monday morning matters a lot.

• Praise 1

The design is really a mash up of audi, bmw, jag & aston martin. What happen to the more original design of I45, I40??

You are right.

The weakness of this car is it doesn't have

good looks.

:D

• Praise 4