Hyundai genesis 2015 singapore

Spurman

Saw a silver one near my office yesterday. The exhaust got bassy sound. Dunno is it stock or what.

Many will say nice, no doubt. But don't think any will put out this kind of cash for a hyundai, the sad truth.

Some bros above said test drove, and some stuff comparable to conti, why compare to conti when this amt you can buy real conti.?

Because ppl who will consider this car probably wouldn't bother so much about 'face' value. They view it only as a car, and of course compare it to conti, because conti is also nth but a car to them. Edited by GLZT
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Saw a silver one near my office yesterday. The exhaust got bassy sound. Dunno is it stock or what.

Because ppl who will consider this car probably wouldn't bother so much about 'face' value. They view it only as a car, and of course compare it to conti, because conti is also nth but a car to them.

I think its the same one I saw also. Looks nice. Only problem is my wife thought is conti. Lol. She thought its a bently.

I think its the same one I saw also. Looks nice. Only problem is my wife thought is conti. Lol. She thought its a bently.

I saw it from quite far, what turn my head was the sound of the exhaust. But it did felt like a special car when I first saw it. After about 3sec then I realize what I saw was a genesis.

Because ppl who will consider this car probably wouldn't bother so much about 'face' value. They view it only as a car, and of course compare it to conti, because conti is also nth but a car to them.

Err, cannot like that say la, as long as you pay it is at least "something" to you mah.

If a man going buy handphone

Choice 1. iphone 2000 (lol..example)

Choice 2. Lenovo 2000

Both same price. Of cos the brand comes into play since both are same price. Can't imagine someone just buy something without comparison with other same valued items. Somemore this car is priced out of the common peon's payscale. Don't tell me rich people dun like face?

Err, cannot like that say la, as long as you pay it is at least "something" to you mah.

If a man going buy handphone

Choice 1. iphone 2000 (lol..example)

Choice 2. Lenovo 2000

Both same price. Of cos the brand comes into play since both are same price. Can't imagine someone just buy something without comparison with other same valued items. Somemore this car is priced out of the common peon's payscale. Don't tell me rich people dun like face?

Being exclusive is also an intangible value that can be gain. Some ppl just want to be different.

Looking at this very interesting model from Hyundai. I think the marketing strategy perhaps needs to be changed. When Lexus broke into the high end market in the late 80's they distinguished themselves by the service, competitive pricing and distancing themselves from Toyota. Now it doesn't matter anymore and off course now they command top dollar. I have test drived the ES250 petrol and for a 4 cylinder car it is very smooth. The space is as good as the LS 460. For about the same money the Genesis Grand can be an alternative. Also coming with 5 +5 warranty and service. 331 bhp with a V6 3.8 litre engine. I am going to try it out this week to see whether its worth the risk to go for Korean!

I drove it at lunch time today. I must say in terms of NVH - it is on par with the Lexus. The 3.8 lit engine is smooth and the acceleration is rapid but subdued as the interior is very well insulated. The HUD was very clear and the BLIS worked well with warning beep if you do not heed it! The ride is firmer then the ES 250 I drove on Saturday. It has 19 inch rims compared to the mini 17 inch on the Lexus. Handles ( took it round some corners ) well enough. Space wise - maybe a little smaller than the ES 250 at the back but it is loaded to the gills including soft close doors, radar guided cruise control and hands free parking ( did not try that ) self opening boot with smart key. ( stand close to the boot for 3 seconds and it opens itself. ) However the overall package is about 25K more than the Lexus ES 250 Luxury as there are no discounts offered or overtrade for the trade in. Build quality is pretty good but not yet to Lexus standards. I think its really worth considering if you can stomach the RTX and the branding.

• Praise 2

Genesis debut in 2015 just a day ago, is to Hyundai...

what Lexus is to Toyota, Infiniti is to Nissan and Acura to Honda...

First korean co to step up to the lux league and with 6 models pending by 2020,

I personally cannot wait!

Turbocharged

I just cant understand why they cant come up with a more creative naming scheme...

G80, G60, ...

I just cant understand why they cant come up with a more creative naming scheme...

G80, G60, ...

Ginetta will probably file a lawsuit if it's G40, G60... [:p]

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 1

I drove it at lunch time today. I must say in terms of NVH - it is on par with the Lexus. The 3.8 lit engine is smooth and the acceleration is rapid but subdued as the interior is very well insulated. The HUD was very clear and the BLIS worked well with warning beep if you do not heed it! The ride is firmer then the ES 250 I drove on Saturday. It has 19 inch rims compared to the mini 17 inch on the Lexus. Handles  ( took it round some corners ) well enough. Space wise - maybe a little smaller than the ES 250 at the back but it is loaded to the gills including soft close doors, radar guided cruise control and hands free parking ( did not try that ) self opening boot with smart key. ( stand close to the boot for 3 seconds and it opens itself. ) However the overall package is about 25K more than the Lexus ES 250 Luxury as there are no discounts offered or overtrade for the trade in. Build quality is pretty good but not yet to Lexus standards. I think its really worth considering if you can stomach the RTX and the branding.

Hyundai had just announced the formation of Genesis as their premier brand like Lexus is to Toyota, Infiniti is to Nissan and Acura is to Honda. This would be interesting. We do not see some of their high end domestic models like Equus ( = LS460, S class, A8L & 7series competitor ) and Genesis coupe which are all good looking and good cars. Had a Equus with a driver when I was there in Seoul recently - can easily think you're in a S Class or Lexus. Lets see how they develop. I am glad Asia is not only catching up but surpassing occasionally the European marques!

Genesis is a pretty sweet looking ride, it has a premium look that you might confuse for a Ford Mondeo or Aston Martin due to the large front grill.