Just test drove both yesterday.
First the odyssey then the Previa. Comparison is as follows.
- Ody is $180k after 5k discount. Full payment or loan same price. Loan at 1.88%. This is for the EXV-S. 7 Seater. The 8 seater EX-S is 170k. Non guaranteed, COE rebate at 58k. OMV for EXV-S around 30k, for EX-S around 27k.
- Previa (7 seater with no moonroof) is 191k. Another 2.4k discount if u take loan, another $500 discount if u take inhouse insurance. Non guaranteed, COE rebate at 60k. Loan at 2.28%. Currently if trade in, upgrade to guaranteed COE. OMV around 39k.
- Ody clear winner here. Seats are more comfortable generally. Slightly plusher. Layout for both Previa and Ody fairly similar.
- Previa still manual adjustment for all seats including driver. I was quite surprised by this.
Ody Last row seats fold straight down flat. Can't do that for Previa.
- Ody has blindspot indicator. Really cool and practical for something that's almost a van. Lights up a red light on the side mirrors when something is in your blind spot. Beeps if u switch on turn left/Rt indicator and something is there. Also has front parking sensors for the EXV-S. Didn't have chance to try.
Dual zone AC for driver and front passenger. Also another compressor for people behind
Doors also autolock 15 seconds after Drive engaged or engine on?
- Previa has automatic rear tailgate power button. Something very useful which i think should be standard. If you pay for Previa's moonroof option which is another 5k. U get double moonroof for both front and rear passenger.
Both multiple airbags, vehicle stability control. I guess have to do some reading online about which does better in the crash tests.
- Ody's CVT is much smoother compared to the Previa. The Previa's gearbox is still the standard CVT gearbox that i still dislike. Ody's CVT surprisingly behaves more like the auto gearbox I'm used to.
- Can't really comment much on pickup cos i drove slowly for both. My kid and wife sitting in the rear without seatbelt. Power should be adequate for both.
Finally regarding 8-seater EX vs the 7-seater EXV for Ody.
It's really a no brainer to get the EXV cos the extras are hugely different. 10k more for EXV. About 3k more in OMV.
However, u get leather seats (Yes the EX-S is cloth seats! Factory fitted from japan, can't be reupholstered in SG cos it may damage the airbags within), LED running headlights, Front parking sensors, The blind spot indicator, Multiview camera.
Not so important differences:
Conversation mirror (just a stupid mirror in the center above your head so that you can see your passengers without turning head), bodykit, LED headlights and also fog lights, interior blinds, sunshade, moonroof etc ...