Toyota estima vs honda odyssey

Duckie1979

Turbocharged

yah lor... si bey headache ok, when it comes to finding the right mpv. Other than the usual price, reliability, driveability, etc., got:

- can seat how many (vs comfort)

- 3rd row seat 2 or 3

- 3rd row can be flexi or whole bench

- 3rd row cramp or not, comfortable (tall or sitting on floor)?

- 3rd row can fold flat or not

- got rear a/c?

- height of seats: easy or difficult for elderly to get in/out

- sliding or normal door

- how to get into 3rd row: (if those type like Touran, when 2nd row backrest folds down to sitting part, then whole chair flips up leans against front row, passenger gets into 3rd row, before the folded 2nd row is dropped back down into position... forget it)

- too tall for MSCP?

- tailgate got auto?

- sliding door got auto?

- boot space

- distance betw 3rd row seat and rear windscreen: for safety reason, in case got rear collision

- safety bag

- etc...

Simi safety bag??

↡ Advertisement

i hv test drove the new ody earlier this mth (but not estima/previa), jz wanted to share as well:

a) glovebox/compartment at front row is quite little. only 1 small 1 in front of front passenger seat. others r open 1 (not closed).

b) despite having so many gadgets, the KM's ody didnt come with navigation system! (at least 1 pi model has it)

PI Navigation is fitted locally(After Market), Kah motor Navigation is using Iphone on Honda Link

c) boot space is deeper compared the previous gen as the spare tyre has been shifted to in betw the 2 front seats!

d) 3rd row no longer powered as compared to the previous gen.

e) much low platform as compared to estima/previa, good/ease for entry.

Hypersonic

I have to say that i'm not very used to driving minivan like type of vehicles. Think i will stick to a sedan until really bo pian.

Last time thought odyssey more car-like can get but now it's also mini-van liao...

b) despite having so many gadgets, the KM's ody didnt come with navigation system! (at least 1 pi model has it)

PI Navigation is fitted locally(After Market), Kah motor Navigation is using Iphone on Honda Link

well, the ody didnt come with iphone. :D

Turbocharged
Any idea whether Estima is getting a facelift or new design coming out end year/soon?

duno abt estima but apparently theres a new minivan called Esquire, & new alphard vellfire coming this yr end. there are already concept pics of them.

this is the new voxy:

voxy-concept.jpg

• Praise 1

duno abt estima but apparently theres a new minivan called Esquire, & new alphard vellfire coming this yr end. there are already concept pics of them.

this is the new voxy:

I think Toyota is the only automaker with 2 models that differs only in front design.

Turbocharged

I think Toyota is the only automaker with 2 models that differs only in front design.

thats the privilege of being one of the worlds top selling brands, theres enuff buying volume to launch many variants.

wow! so KM expects COE to drop.

The SE thst I test drove Ody with smsed me...EXVS going for $177 900.

Did a comparison between odyssey and estima today. I must say estima is much more spacious at the boot area. Even with 3rd row up, the space behind it is huge and deep. Can easily fit 5 golf bags stacked together.

Another point is that estima is more flexible in putting the 3rd row flat, creating more space. Estima can independently put down in 40/60 config, while odyssey need to fold down the whole bench.

Power tail gate also another plus point for estima. The center console on estima has a drawer that can hide stuff, while odyssey has only the glove compartment infront for hidden storage.

So far, without test drive, estima seems to be more practical in the cabin storage area and seating arrangement.

Another point is that estima is more flexible in putting the 3rd row flat, creating more space.

really? estima's 3rd row can b flat??

Owned the Previa/Estima. Test drove the new Ody. Both drive like a van but like I said in my earlier post, if hv to choose between Estima and Ody, I will go Estima as the features are more practical for family car.

Owned the Previa/Estima. Test drove the new Ody. Both drive like a van but like I said in my earlier post, if hv to choose between Estima and Ody, I will go Estima as the features are more practical for family car.

I think u mentioned ody has more gadgets but u like estima bcoz of only the power tailgate!

more practical = power tailgate only?

I think u mentioned ody has more gadgets but u like estima bcoz of only the power tailgate!

more practical = power tailgate only?

I am not quite sure why people rate power tailgate so highly. For me when i go grocery shopping, i will not bother to put the items in boot area but in rear passenger space unless really buying alot alot.

So for my pattern, power sliding doors would be sufficient.

(edited)

really? estima's 3rd row can b flat??

Yup it can be flattened. Just placed an order for Estima too. I too feel Honda is good and reliable however Estima is more spacious and hence more comfortable for the family. Especially the 7 seater where there is an alse for you to walk to the 3rd row instead of having to fold down. The middle row is adjustable too to give alot more leg space for 3rd row.

Edited by Extremme
↡ Advertisement