Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic | 78 praises

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm really curious.

http://www.sgcarmart...=387379&DL=2286

How bad must this car be?

An OMV of 43k, selling just 4k above its current paper value, depreication at 5k per year, and already has had 5 owners in the past 7 and a half years.

I really wonder if the car can move when anyone buys it.

All its previous owners must have thought they they couldn't lose much more since the depreciation has already been absorbed by the previous person. Looks like the car proved them wrong?

Furrynadz and F355 praised this

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

Ahgong
  • Premium member
    Ahgong
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

when i view the ad, it was offering at $36k.

looks like dealer desperate to let it go.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This should probably be in the Alfa Romeo club, but I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm really curious.

An OMV of 43k, selling just 4k above its current paper value, depreication at 5k per year, and already has had 5 owners in the past 7 and a half years.

All its previous owners must have thought they they couldn't lose much more since the depreciation has already been absorbed by the previous person. Looks like the car proved them wrong?

I think the deciding factor why pple quickly sell it off is the gearbox is a gonner.

This car needs the team from Wheeler Dealers mechanic Ed China.

He is my hero. He is really a super mechanic. [thumbsup]

Dice and Sunburnsam praised this

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe it's the 3L that's not so popular among buyers
And the rarity of this flagship model
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wrong colour.  [idea] Looks very grumpy.

AR must have it in red colour. Then, it's nice.  [thumbsup]

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

GohTeeWe
  • Premium member
    GohTeeWe
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yah, probably need some serious repair to engine or gearbox, basically if you pay 35k for a 45k car, be prepared to spend above 10k for repairs. That is just how the industry works.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wrong colour.  [idea] Looks very grumpy.

AR must have it in red colour. Then, it's nice.  [thumbsup]

I think Alfa looks great in black though.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Alfa Romeo

要发 都没有

Get this, want to prosper also cannot.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

when i view the ad, it was offering at $36k.

looks like dealer desperate to let it go.

yeah i saw it at 36k too.

the current paper value is 32k so it's 4k above paper value.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

When u ask dealer why so many owners, they will tell u.

Oh....due to some company policy, father transfer car to wife to son to daugher to ah gong and ah ma......

To skip tax.....hahahaha....fxxkk logic

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Astrid
  • Astrid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This 3L V6 I don't know. A GM OEM?

But the carbureted 3L V6 ALFA engine of the 164 in the 80s was superb, with the deep-throated rumble and roar of true-blue Italian pedigree engines then.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually hor. I thought that no one sane in this world would buy an Alfa Romeo 166 but after I saw the ad with had 5 owners before I LoL...

So there are 5 crazy dudes in sgp plus a crazy dealer odd enough to take in this...car.

This goes to show if I were to put an Alfa badge on a piece of scrap metal there will be ppl who are willing to buy.

Edited by Watwheels, 24 May 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Alheych praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Alot of dealers nowadays don't want to take in cars which are left with 1-2 yrs COE. They ask u go scrap yourself or take in at scrap + body.

Dealers being dealers, when want to eat, eat low low. When want to sell, sell high high. That's the trade isn't it?

They said 1-2yrs left, not here not there. If they want to sell, they have to fix the problems with the cars and let it sit in showroom.

If you are a buyer with an existing car due during this time, what will you do?

Die die drive till EOL and then change lo..if not let them take in your car at low value compared to mkt.

Is that the only choice?

Edited by Rayoflight, 24 May 2014 - 05:31 PM.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yeah i saw it at 36k too.

the current paper value is 32k so it's 4k above paper value.

So dealer make less than 4k profit?

That is all.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

So dealer make less than 4k profit?

presumably. how much profit do you want to make from such a car? :D

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

F355
  • F355
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Alfa Romeo

要发 都没有

Get this, want to prosper also cannot.

Haha .

Their 164 Twin Spark was re-badged to 168 for the Asian market ; specifically Sgp and HK .

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is probably on consignment. Scrap now also not much diff compared to scrap in oct, so if can make extra 3 or 4k, why not?

Last week I came across a 740Li, mileage on high side, but condition quite good and dep just over 10k a year, ai mai? Used car prices have come down last few weeks.

Edited by Volvobrick, 24 May 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It is probably on consignment. Scrap now also not much diff compared to scrap in oct, so if can make extra 3 or 4k, why not?

Last week I came across a 740Li, mileage on high side, but condition quite good and dep just over 10k a year, ai mai? Used car prices have come down last few weeks.

you're right, it should be on consignment.

if the dealer really makan this i wonder how much he took it for. 32.5k? just 500 above paper value lol.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This should probably be in the Alfa Romeo club, but I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm really curious.

Dealer can say a honest one.
They earn via commission of $500 from seller, $500 from buyer.
Anything in-between, it's seller & buyer own problem.

If you wanna view the car, the owner would have to drive it down for you unless the owner parked the car there earlier.
So you can meet up with the owner, speak with him, ask him why.

For all I know, 166 engine note is beautiful.
W&T replacement, 1arm, 1leg.
Timing belt change for 166, $3k, 2days down time.
Need to change rims, not really available in Singapore, self import or Group Buy.

Gear Box, this is a reliable one.
But if spoilt, don't know how to fix type.
Some 159 owner (3.2l) cannot resolve the GB issues despite several visits to the AD & 3rd party WS.

If u mind all these issues, don't buy Alfa because buying Alfa is from the heart, not mind.
G_mann praised this
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think the deciding factor why pple quickly sell it off is the gearbox is a gonner.

This car needs the team from Wheeler Dealers mechanic Ed China.

He is my hero. He is really a super mechanic. [thumbsup]

He's tall, long legs, long arms.... good for car repair work!! :D

His partner is a true wheeler dealer but i like him [thumbsup]

Back to Alfa Romeo Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: alfa romeo, 166, must

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users