Avante vibration during idling

Sash1401

Fellow bro,

Would like to find out if any avante driver experiencing quite strong vibrations during when the car is idling. I've changed the engine mounting few months back n it seemed the improvement is not much.

I've heard about ignition coils misfiring n tat might cause the vibration. Any bro who encountered this prob b4? Any tell tale signs and recommended ws to solve dis prob? Care to share abt the damage? Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

You changed only 1 engine mount or all engine mounts?

Fellow bro,

Would like to find out if any avante driver experiencing quite strong vibrations during when the car is idling. I've changed the engine mounting few months back n it seemed the improvement is not much.

I've heard about ignition coils misfiring n tat might cause the vibration. Any bro who encountered this prob b4? Any tell tale signs and recommended ws to solve dis prob? Care to share abt the damage? Thanks in advance

If it is ignition coils, the engine will be weak. Most probably is the throttle idling valve. Check during idling speed with air cond on/ off too see if the rpm maintains as it was with air cond off or it drops further and caused the vibration to increase.

Your so called vibration is very vague. Ppl varies in their tolerance in "vibration". Between 1-10 how strong is the "vibration"? Where is it felt the most? Is there any abnormal sound? Anything of the unusual. The one word "vibration" doesn't say a lot if you haven't notice.

Ignition coil got issue dan you will most likely see the engine stall easily at idling engine speeds. Did you experience that?

Is there any way I can check on my own or do I have to bring it to a workshop? If yes any recommendation? Thanks in advance

Check the idiling control valve & the Thorttle body..

The strength is Ard a 3 to 5 ba. The vibration varies. Mostly felt at my driver seat. The engine dun seemed going to stall but at times can feel it's a bit weak. Hope dis helps. Thanks

Your so called vibration is very vague. Ppl varies in their tolerance in "vibration". Between 1-10 how strong is the "vibration"? Where is it felt the most? Is there any abnormal sound? Anything of the unusual. The one word "vibration" doesn't say a lot if you haven't notice.

Ignition coil got issue dan you will most likely see the engine stall easily at idling engine speeds. Did you experience that?

Twincharged

T/B can clean yourself if you know a bit of mechanic's skill....Remove the air intake,spray "Carburretor cleaner",use a clean cloth & wipe the T/B...

Supercharged

Is there any way I can check on my own or do I have to bring it to a workshop? If yes any recommendation? Thanks in advance

The strength is Ard a 3 to 5 ba. The vibration varies. Mostly felt at my driver seat. The engine dun seemed going to stall but at times can feel it's a bit weak. Hope dis helps. Thanks

check your spark plugs.

one of them could be dead, causing the combustion to stall when the revolution reaches that plug.

i had this same problem when i collected my ride. got the dealer to replace the plugs and everything is working fine and dandy since.

• Praise 1

my take is could be the cam or crank sensor. was told this is a common thing for avante n forte above 5 yrs of age....n similar symptoms.

need more cranking during cold start.

idling not stable

moving off no power

higher FC

Supersonic

my take is could be the cam or crank sensor. was told this is a common thing for avante n forte above 5 yrs of age....n similar symptoms.

need more cranking during cold start.

idling not stable

moving off no power

higher FC

You mean Korean cars sure to have such problems after 5 years? Looks like Korean cars only good for first 5 years? [rolleyes]

The vibration varies. Mostly felt at my driver seat.

Cool car. Thats the kind of car women love.

If you sell it try to a find a lady owner, especially single ones

and make sure she goes for a test drive.

If she is happy after the test drive,

she will give you a better price.

:D

• Praise 1

You mean Korean cars sure to have such problems after 5 years? Looks like Korean cars only good for first 5 years? [rolleyes]

Err...not everyone will experience this. I wouldn't just condemned anycar because of such minor issues.

All models n makes do have some common problems of their own. Its only about u knowing them or not n how much they bother u.

↡ Advertisement