• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 31 praises

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

ClassiCars
  • Premium member
    ClassiCars
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys.

I just want to enquire if anyone here can give me a gauge of how much the insurance for a Suzuki Every might be for a 21 year old who just passed TP? I just passed and because my family doesn't own a car (Parents don't have license) I was thinking of buying a Suzuki Every as I heard from my friend who has one that the fuel consumption is quite good. The price also seems quite fair on the used market and the road tax won't kill me. However I just want to know what's the approx insurance for this vehicle. Also those GBA registered vehicle cannot drive to Malaysia right? For example this one I saw on Sgcarmart..

http://m.sgcarmart.c...ID=405130&CUR=1

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

dont mind me say this...

i got one 5 yrs ago at $27k.

so i guess my loss is quite minimum....haolian [laugh]

anyway, company registered vehicle should be quite standard at $1.5k-2k. Age is secondary.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

ClassiCars
  • Premium member
    ClassiCars
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wah you very lucky man!

5 years ago COE $3k :( Now COE so high  [knife]  [bigcry]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah you very lucky man!

5 years ago COE $3k :( Now COE so high  [knife]  [bigcry]

actually i remember my coe is approx 9k.....i think.

imagine yearly depreciation is $2.7k/yr.....those were the days.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi guys.

I just want to enquire if anyone here can give me a gauge of how much the insurance for a Suzuki Every might be for a 21 year old who just passed TP? I just passed and because my family doesn't own a car (Parents don't have license) I was thinking of buying a Suzuki Every as I heard from my friend who has one that the fuel consumption is quite good. The price also seems quite fair on the used market and the road tax won't kill me. However I just want to know what's the approx insurance for this vehicle. Also those GBA registered vehicle cannot drive to Malaysia right? For example this one I saw on Sgcarmart..

insurance for 21 year old is likely to be very expensive, I guess at least $4-5k

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

ClassiCars
  • Premium member
    ClassiCars
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

actually i remember my coe is approx 9k.....i think.

imagine yearly depreciation is $2.7k/yr.....those were the days.

Oh! I thought you got one of those $3042 COE. But still you were lucky man.
Actually if I were to call up the companies like MSIG they can give me a quick quote right? No obligations right?

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

insurance for 21 year old is likely to be very expensive, I guess at least $4-5k

This is G plate, will be register under company name. Should not be so high.

But $7500 depreciation for such a small van is too expansive.

It will be better to get this.

http://www.sgcarmart...=395131&DL=1306

Edited by Tohto, 26 May 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$4-5k insurance for an Every. Think again.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Cavver
  • Premium member
    Cavver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Trade of your business also play apart in the premium quote.

$4-5k insurance for an Every. Think again.

not so high, that level is around class 5 truck range liao.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Andylkkg
  • Premium member
    Andylkkg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Then again in basic, TS must have a company to register a G plate van?  <_<

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

ClassiCars
  • Premium member
    ClassiCars
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any type of company can register is it? Like for example even a law firm?

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Dinobros
  • Premium member
    Dinobros
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I used to own a Daihatsu Hijet.

Insurance is about 2k or so.

Problem is that the max NCB is 20%.

If you drive such mini vans, just drive slowly and you will be fine.

Fuel consumption is very good but the van is light like nothing.

Hi guys.

Yes, your law firm is under LLP or sole proprietor/partnership?

But I think both can, I registered mine under sole proprietor last time.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Daniellica
  • Premium member
    Daniellica
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Driving a van nowadays is not economical. The risks out weights the savings (if there's any)

Fyi, Suzuki Every got both petrol and diesel variants.

Stock rims size should be 13 inch if i am not mistaken.

Max laden weight is abt 450kgs (i think).

With such small and narrow tyre profile, the ride will not be so called 'planted' on the tarmac.

I had seen an Every turtled at tpe towards simei the corner of ecp.

That is on a slight rainy day.

And fyi, 1 of the disavantages of a van is,  u are not supposed to ferry anyone other than those under the coy payroll. (Eg. If kids...)

If nothing happens, good. If sway sway something happens...

Insurance will not cover and might have some legal issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Meganut and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Andylkkg
  • Premium member
    Andylkkg
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Positive! [gossip]

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Dinobros
  • Premium member
    Dinobros
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

agreed. 

Go for a cheap car.

More comfortable + can go malaysia + no need scare TP ride pass you coz you carry more than 2 people + safer due to no safety equipment for most mini vans. (No rear seatbelt nor airbag)

Driving a van nowadays is not economical. The risks out weights the savings (if there's any)

Fyi, Suzuki Every got both petrol and diesel variants.

Stock rims size should be 13 inch if i am not mistaken.

Max laden weight is abt 450kgs (i think).

With such small and narrow tyre profile, the ride will not be so called 'planted' on the tarmac.

I had seen an Every turtled at tpe towards simei the corner of ecp.

That is on a slight rainy day.

And fyi, 1 of the disavantages of a van is,  u are not supposed to ferry anyone other than those under the coy payroll. (Eg. If kids...)

If nothing happens, good. If sway sway something happens...

Insurance will not cover and might have some legal issues.

Just my 2 cents.

1 more thing, resale value for Vans are like SUPER LOW.

I bought mine at 10k at 5 years old drove for 3 years, dealer took it in at 2k at 9th year.

agreed. 

Go for a cheap car.

More comfortable + can go malaysia + no need scare TP ride pass you coz you carry more than 2 people + safer due to no safety equipment for most mini vans. (No rear seatbelt nor airbag)

Meganut praised this

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just make sure the mailing address goes to you or else the law firm will be receiving your summons, road tax disc & vehicle inspection notice.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Lab4games
  • Premium member
    Lab4games
    4th Gear
    Author Image

And don't forget annual inspection....
Daniellica praised this

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Daniellica
  • Premium member
    Daniellica
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

And furthermore, commercial vehicles got No parf value or lets assume u drive until eol, for commercial vehicles, u will get back $0. In some cases, u might even have to pay a fee to some ws to scrap or dispose. (If u donno how to diy scrap yr ride).

Whereas private vehicles u can get back approx 50% of your omv.

In another words, at least go some $...

And private ride can suka suka change rims to light weight ones if u kena poisoned by many 'evil and poisonous' members here.

Lets face it. 90% of people in here will kena poisoned one way or another.

Be it mods, or even simple ice blue cabin dome lights. Still, its kena poisoned.

Cheers.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

can consider this ... just for road experience ... http://www.sgcarmart...=403025&DL=1286

coz the deprec for the Every is too much ... better use it to pay road tax instead.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Google
  • Google
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

And furthermore, commercial vehicles got No parf value or lets assume u drive until eol, for commercial vehicles, u will get back $0. In some cases, u might even have to pay a fee to some ws to scrap or dispose. (If u donno how to diy scrap yr ride).

Whereas private vehicles u can get back approx 50% of your omv.

In another words, at least go some $...

And private ride can suka suka change rims to light weight ones if u kena poisoned by many 'evil and poisonous' members here.

Lets face it. 90% of people in here will kena poisoned one way or another.

Be it mods, or even simple ice blue cabin dome lights. Still, its kena poisoned.

Cheers.

This shows that you are ignorant of the tax structure in Singapore. There is no PARF value as the govt only tax 5% of the OMV in Goods vehicle category. Car on the other hand are tax 100% on the OMV instead. So it sound very nice that there is PARF value on car, you pay double on the car price as well as the interest on the loan. Govt just give back a certain percentage at the end of the 10yrs, you start wagging your tail as if your car got value. How naïve can a person get?

I rather the govt do not tax 100% and no PARF at end of day. The saving would be more. Do your maths.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users