Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

5th Gear

damn suay la ... but warning letter better than demerit point letter ><

6?km/h they also catch? A bit the anal. :huh:

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

6?km/h they also catch? A bit the anal. :huh:

bo bian lo ... speeding is speeding regardless ... not complaining abt anything other than getting caught .. hahaah ... ^^

Hypersonic

bo bian lo ... speeding is speeding regardless ... not complaining abt anything other than getting caught .. hahaah ... ^^

Install so many cameras, definitely must have Return Of Investment.

So, one way is to gotcha you when you exceed.

Another way, is to gotcha you for waiting at illegal spots.

Even if you speed, how early can you reach your destination? Probably only 5-10mins early.

For that matter, these 10mins not worth the risks of safety as well as contributing $$$ to nation building.

Hence, don't give them a chance to catch us !

Drive safely and obey traffic signage.

Oh ya, use the $ saved for treating yourself (& family) to a good meal, more worth it :)

Rather than installing and catch those speedster above 10-20km/h

Why dont they increase the speed limit of the road? There is a reason why they catch many speedsters on those road, cause the speed limit is Ridiculous!

Increase speed limit, then where is the extra source of income for the ones who thought of it? The real purpose is not to curb speeding, but indirectly "earn" that very extra.

(edited)

Its not about the extra income.

I support the move to have more cameras.

Only through the pain of paying money will people understand that one should not speed.

there are too many drives who blatently flout the speeding rules. 5km/hr or 20 km/hr over speed limit should still get caught be dealt with accordingly

pls respect traffic rules

Edited by comegetme

Turbocharged

Its not about the extra income.

I support the move to have more cameras.

Only through the pain of paying money will people understand that one should not speed.

there are too many drives who blatently flout the speeding rules. 5km/hr or 20 km/hr over speed limit should still get caught be dealt with accordingly

pls respect traffic rules

you confirm never speed before?

you confirm never stay late once your coupon expired?

you confirm always signal every single intention?

if 5km/h is "blatantly" flouting traffic rules ... then i assume you must be the kind of citizen this country needs. perfect and law abiding to minute detail. kudos to you. your legs must be damn zhai to control at the exact speed limit.

• Praise 3

you confirm never speed before?

you confirm never stay late once your coupon expired?

you confirm always signal every single intention?

if 5km/h is "blatantly" flouting traffic rules ... then i assume you must be the kind of citizen this country needs. perfect and law abiding to minute detail. kudos to you. your legs must be damn zhai to control at the exact speed limit.

for sure i have sped and overstayed my coupon.

but if i kenna fined, i would say i deserved it.

Turbocharged

for sure i have sped and overstayed my coupon.

but if i kenna fined, i would say i deserved it.

even the authorities are not as tough as you ... even they understand nothing can be linear + black & white and that there is some room for error (or compassion)

please dont ever become TP bro :P

• Praise 1

i agree, many drivers simply cannot handle higher speeds....so no choice for the good of all, its better to be safe and limit drivers, especially at residential areas to lower speeds.

• Praise 2

actually the farking road hogger is the root cause of speeding,

I was caught and received warning letter from LAT in KPE tunnel, the tunnel farking speed limit ridiculous 70km/h only, but the farking road hogger in front of me only 68km/h, so I have to over take the farking hogger at 85km/h, then bad luck to hit the camera,

farking the hogger [rifle]

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

tell me abt it. just got clocked at 6X km/h along orchard blvd to grange road some more! GRANGE ROAD!!! what the hell man, even the smaller roads not safe ... lucky it was just a warning letter ...

Yes. They used to "pang chan" before, even going as far as reducing the captured speed. Not any more.

Offences that used to be shrugged off (1-10 over) are being sent warning letters (which also form part of their record).

Offences that used to get warning letters are now given DPs and fines.

And woe betide anyone that speeds badly enough to get a court appearance - because an appeal is simply not going to be successful. Now it WILL go to court, and you're entirely at the mercy of the judge.

Trust me, it's not worth it anymore. Go North to clear carbon!

EDIT: By the way, here's a nice tidbit. Now that TP and LTA have "merged operations", they both run mobile speed traps. How do you know if it was a TP or an LTA that caught you? It's simple. If the letter has an exact speed, then it's likely a TP, since they have accurately calibrated and validated speed-capturing devices. If the letter only states a range of speed that you exceeded the limit by, it's likely LTA. Not that it's going to help you, but good to know who screwed you, right?! [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

even the authorities are not as tough as you ... even they understand nothing can be linear + black & white and that there is some room for error (or compassion)

please dont ever become TP bro :P

Usually the TP are reasonable folk. If you get to talk to them, e.g. if they stop you on the road rather than via a mounted speed cam, they can be quite lenient depending on the circumstances and your attitude.

This is in direct contrast to the LTA people who are as hard-nosed as they come. People who are "tough" (meaning a-holes) should work for LTA not TP, because I think they will have greater job satisfaction (i.e. schadenfreude).

• Praise 1

actually the farking road hogger is the root cause of speeding,

I was caught and received warning letter from LAT in KPE tunnel, the tunnel farking speed limit ridiculous 70km/h only, but the farking road hogger in front of me only 68km/h, so I have to over take the farking hogger at 85km/h, then bad luck to hit the camera,

farking the hogger [rifle]

Actually you could have overtaken at 79km/h, then will not kena liao [sly]

Supersonic

Actually you could have overtaken at 79km/h, then will not kena liao [sly]

In the current climate, you will still kena. At least a warning letter, but since it's KPE, they may not give chance. Just "undertake" via the left when it's safe, even though it's inadvisable. When alongside the hogger, blare the horn and glare at him/her.

Supercharged

I don't understand why people who want to keep with the road limit, always got problem with people who want to go faster and break the law..

slowing down to the left still keeps you on the limit!!

but if you hog on the right, that guy couldn't go break the law..

everyone happy what!

I suspect some speed cameras are fake or high limits, i just did.115 on PIE towards changi but no flash when i pass it at 1pm.

↡ Advertisement