Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

well... chargeable hogging is currently identified as travelling 20km/hr below the speed limit ... and only on expressways.. 

Huh?/ 20km/hr ...... wow!! really low gear leh- like second gear only;  Engine will be very noisy right?? high reving (rpm) high (maybe my car is old ) how to cruise even at this speed?? even bicycle is faster and electric bike cap is 25kmhr  

Also drink fuel also high leh at such speeds;

Most optimum speed for low fuel consumption i understand is like 60-75km/hr speed depending on the car cc and type of gears its got and using diesel or petrol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Following a trial in 2013, new cameras that record the time a vehicle takes to travel between two points will be installed along Tanah Merah Coast Road in the first quarter of next year.

This allows for the system to compute the average speed of a vehicle within an enforcement zone, unlike the spot speed cameras that have been used here since 1992. 

Sounds good. So after passing the first camera, I stop my car and wait for a minute or 2, then floor my pedal and reach my top speed of 200km/h, will not be caught for speeding  [laugh] 

well... chargeable hogging is currently identified as travelling 20km/hr below the speed limit ... and only on expressways.. 

sorry .... i see wrongly , tks for highlighting

After earning heaps from COEs...theres always more ways to fleece the motoring community...

Anyway can the system differentiate between goods vehicles and normal sedans...if not..commercial vehicles which for some reasons why I dun know why always like to challenge normal passenger cars, will be able to do 90kmlh as well since that is the tops limit imposed by the system.

If the new system is so clever, make it impose an average 70km/hr speed limit on goods vehicles as well.  [rifle]

Agree with you bro.. Plus keep them on the left lanes.. Have seen countless number of lorries occupying Lane 2 and travelling same speed as those in lane 3 (left most lane).. Maybe if the system is clever, can it catch road hoggers as well???

• Praise 1

Following a trial in 2013, new cameras that record the time a vehicle takes to travel between two points will be installed along Tanah Merah Coast Road in the first quarter of next year.

This allows for the system to compute the average speed of a vehicle within an enforcement zone, unlike the spot speed cameras that have been used here since 1992. 

Sounds good. So after passing the first camera, I stop my car and wait for a minute or 2, then floor my pedal and reach my top speed of 200km/h, will not be caught for speeding  [laugh] 

Stopping on road shoulders unless emergency situation is also a chargeable offence leh.. Also Tio!! our scholars will try to fill in any loopholes 1.. Money making scheme shall not fail. Just like ERP Gantries.. havent seen 1 that failed so far when all else failed.

Stopping on road shoulders unless emergency situation is also a chargeable offence leh.. Also Tio!! our scholars will try to fill in any loopholes 1.. Money making scheme shall not fail. Just like ERP Gantries.. havent seen 1 that failed so far when all else failed.

Tell me about it.

If the Every Road Pay (ERP) system suffers frequent gliches like the notorious Mass Rotten Transit (MRT), motorists would be all smiles. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Tell me about it.

If the Every Road Pay (ERP) system suffers frequent gliches like the notorious Mass Rotten Transit (MRT), motorists would be all smiles. [laugh]

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/spate-of-delays-on-east-west-line-frustrates-commuters-operator

Spate of delays on east West Line Frustrates Commuters

SMRT suggests glitches will go away once signalling system is upgraded next year

This takes the cake  [thumbsup] 

If there's an ERP glitch, doubt the relevant authorities would wait till a year later to resolve the issue. 

SMRT kenna trolled?  :D

The Straits Times understands that there were times when technicians sent to fix a circuit fault would get a "no fault" reading on their diagnostic equipment.

Based on the straits times article, it can differentiate between those commercial vehicles and normal cars.

"Called the Average Speed Camera (ASC), the system calculates a vehicle's average speed by tracking it on radar when it enters a monitoring zone which can range from 100m to 5km.

The technology used in the ASC can distinguish between a lorry and sedan car based on its radar signature, and tell if the vehicle has been travelling over its assigned speed limit."

I think Euro-van signature smaller than full-size SUV.

So we will see them driving 95km/hr all the time.

SMRT kenna trolled? :D

It meant price increase.

To hire more technician, offer higher training, buy better diagnostic equipment.

TC also said the same

SMRT kenna trolled?  :D

Maybe we just have lousier and lower quality techs nowadays.

Just read "no fault found" and go home.

There was a time, when I took the extra step. A particular pcb went through the routine test and always get sent out ok, but sometimes come back not working. I found a part of the circuit was not in the test procedure and when that part failed, that was the reason why it keep coming back. But I didn't the credit, being a "trainee", my seniors got the credit.

But then that was a time, when I was working more zealousy. Now, I'm relaxed. [laugh]

Edited by Kb27

very counter intuitive...

[idea]

If you want me to go medieval on your mathematical ass, I can tell you how the average speed is related to harmonic mean and not arithmetic mean, but I'll spare you. :D

Hi Alls, may i know if overhead bridge there is a TP speed cam and my speed was 75km/h on a expressway will i kena for that?

No you won't but I hope you were not on lane 1.

Most expressway speed limit is 90km/h except some stretches is 80km/h.

Hi Alls, may i know if overhead bridge there is a TP speed cam and my speed was 75km/h on a expressway will i kena for that?

Depends on what type of Vehicles,if Y or X plate Lorries,then good luck to you,if you are driving a Car,P/s don't HOG the Highway,for God's sake...

Yes..... but when you are the TP...every morning you check the system for any violation..you will likely only look at those above 100km/hr one..those below100..usually they let go...so theoretically, speeding tour coaches and tipper trucks can still travel at average speeds up to 90 without being afraid of tio summoned...

And the problem will be worse now because TP thinks it can relax with the new cameras and spend less time on the roads patrolling....to catch speeding rampaging lorries..

They will be in their aircon office lar kopi letting technology do the work for them..

System can be automated to check against the master database which will definitely know whether it is a car or goods vehicle la.

Hi, i was driving a van "G" plate.

Was it on an expressway or 70 road? If the former, you're hogging plus also exceeding the limit for your class of vehicle. If the latter, then just the latter. Edited by Turboflat4