Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Turbocharged
(edited)

The speed limit for most part of our expressway is 90km/hr.

Have you guys noticed that many cars, especially those on Lane 1 will brake abruptly when approaching the speed camera ?

Slowly down is alright, but braking hard to 60-70km/hr is not only ridiculous but dangerous as well.

Is there a need to slow down to such an extend?

60km/hr on the overtaking lane 1.....

Using your accelerator to regualate and maintain the speed at 90km/hr is not that hard right ?

If you have not noticed , take a quick glance at your speed when the cars in front of you brake for the speed camera.

If you are not tailgating or speeding behind the car which braked, then what's there to worry about ? Unless you are following too close. Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The speed cameras along the expressways are not located at the accident prone areas, instead usually at the bottom of a straight downhill stretch.

Which means they are not meant to prevent accidents, but rather to cause kuku drivers to brake, cause congestion, providing excuses to up ERP charges.

The speed cameras along the expressways are not located at the accident prone areas, instead usually at the bottom of a straight downhill stretch.

Which means they are not meant to prevent accidents, but rather to cause kuku drivers to brake, cause congestion, providing excuses to up ERP charges.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Just have to get used to it.

Actually traveling 5km/h above the speed limit at the camera zone is still very same.

Twincharged

The best way to approach speed camera is to maintain 95km to 100km/hr. About 50m to 100m before camera let go accelerator and glide through.

Usually Highway,where i knew got Camera like KPE,i will used Cruise Control...

• Praise 1

Hi guys what about speeding up over the speed limit to overtake?

Some cars like to drive just beside you side by side while there is no car in front of them. Therefore I have to go beyond speed limit by 3 seconds to change lanes and overtake

Also sometimes the other driver will speed up to prevent you from overtaking him so it's a vicious cycle

Hi guys what about speeding up over the speed limit to overtake?

Some cars like to drive just beside you side by side while there is no car in front of them. Therefore I have to go beyond speed limit by 3 seconds to change lanes and overtake

Also sometimes the other driver will speed up to prevent you from overtaking him so it's a vicious cycle

Get car with more power, so instead of 3 sec is 1 sec.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

btw, i heard the new Tanah Merah Coast Road is using the ASC ... used to use the Changi Coast road but now that it has extended by another 4 km, i am using Loyang already.

You mean compraining got use meh? You obviously knew these cars would slow down excessively, why are you following closely behind them?

The expressway has 3-5 lanes. Make full use of them.

Singapore drivers mentality is fixed wan. Once they enter the expressway they will automatically keep to the right most lane....regardless. So during peak hours everyone driving will keep right jamming up the right lanes making the left most lane less jam. If you are smart you will know what to do.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

You mean compraining got use meh? You obviously knew these cars would slow down excessively, why are you following closely behind them?

Singapore drivers mentality is fixed wan. Once they enter the expressway they will automatically keep to the right most lane....regardless. So during peak hours everyone driving will keep right jamming up the right lanes making the left most lane less jam. If you are smart you will know what to do.

Don't said too much.

If not next peak hours KPE will have more car on left Lane.

• Praise 1

Don't said too much.

If not next peak hours KPE will have more car on left Lane.

Nah. For male drivers they will race to the right most lane w/o doubt. The routine is fixed into their brains. For women drivers their situation awareness is not that good to see the difference. Taxi drivers are too stubborn to move away from the right most lane.

So only left drivers who are season drivers and can adapt to situations knows what to do.

Turbocharged

Yes, during peak hours the right lane is usually the slowest... ironic.

Turbocharged

Have you guys noticed that many cars, especially those on Lane 1 will brake abruptly when approaching the speed camera ?

Slowly down is alright, but braking hard to 60-70km/hr is not only ridiculous but dangerous as well.

Using your accelerator to regualate and maintain the speed at 90km/hr is not that hard right ?

If you have not noticed , take a quick glance at your speed when the cars in front of you brake for the speed camera.

So what are you suggesting? Install a slow speed camera to catch those who drive below certain speed? [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

your title misleading sia

see a lot of this... that's why when i approaching an area with expected speed cam I widen my following distance...

for me I usually pass by speed cam at 3~10km/h less than the limit.

Though I've been thinking of trying to pass by the fixed cam at cruise control set at 90km/h to see what happens...

Hypersonic

the speed cameras and such behavior have dont know been there for how many donkey years. 

whats there to talk about? :huh:

↡ Advertisement