Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

why need to warn you ??? if you dun speed no need to be afraid , if you want to speed then be a man , pay the penalty and move on [;)]

warning for safety of the public mah

arboh later some idiot see the camera go JAM break how....cause more accidents only...must think of others as well

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

why need to warn you ??? if you dun speed no need to be afraid , if you want to speed then be a man , pay the penalty and move on [;)]

Warning is not for people speeding, but to pre-empt people so that they don't jam brakes when passing the speed cam "suddenly" and cause accidents.

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifspeeding.jpg

Happy Monday guys. Don't speed.

This is/was at Braddell OHB, today! [laugh]

I always walk pass one of these "cameramen in blue" when i use a particular overhead bridge. I am trying very hard not to tap hard on his shoulder from behind when he is about to snap his pic, or just shout "Ho!!" behind him next to his ears. kkekekeeee...

Edited by Super7
  • Praise 1

Latest budget approved by TP chief: Purchase of camouflage uniform/gear which makes TP like like a lamp post, or road side rubbish bin!!!

I think he forgot to put on the ghillie suit. [laugh]

A-US-Marine-sniper-wearing-a-ghillie-sui

• Praise 1

Alright guys, PIE new speed cameras installed near Eng Neo Exit.

Possibly they extended the whole stretch to 80km/h. I think because of this, a series of chain collision happened on first lane (towards Changi) due to drivers noticing the speed cam last minute.

Please drive with eyes big big and also... rain again... haiz...

Ya boy, noticed it today when drive pass. Not sure if the new cams already active though...

expressway exit? how fast u wanna go?

speed limits are there for a reason. if u tink it's too low, i suggest u try ur luck in the elections and be the next transport minister. im sure everyone will cheer for u if u remove speed limit and introduce minimum speed instead.

and you define obstacles as someone who insist on the speed limit? try driving +20km/h on 270 degree expressway exit ramp. take a video too if u can. [cool] if u need examples, try SLE (BKE) Woodlands Ave 2 exit.

it will make sense if u tok abt expressway entrance instead.

Pls lah, we are talking about the majority of exits, not some odd ones which are challenging..... regular users of the majority of exits will soon realise the unrealistically low speed limits imposed.

warning for safety of the public mah

arboh later some idiot see the camera go JAM break how....cause more accidents only...must think of others as well

got warning or no warning still got people jam brakes la [mad] ,.......that's why must keep safe distance from the vehicle in front as far as possible lor [drivingcar]

..........jamming the brakes may be a contributing factor but failing to keep a safe distance from the car in front is mostly the reason for the accident.

• Praise 1

Anyone know the location in which TP use the Police Speed Laser Camera (PSLC) to catch people speeding? Wanted to get the information so that can put it inside my GPS. Stay alert 100%. In addtion, if anyone have those hidden speed camera locations also welcome to share it here.

• Praise 2

this is the standard list which they will update once or twice every year. they will provide an update if they find a need to set up speed cam at notorious speeding area

I hv got the below list some months back liao, don't know if being shared already. So anyway, for individual viewing. 😊

Note WEF 15/7/2014

A total of 24 hrs X 30 AUTO detect speed cameras will be installed island wide.

Summon (Fine $309 + 3 demerit points) will be sent directly to registered vehicle owner.

The locations are:

1. Beach Rd (golden mile cpx)

2. Marine Parade Ctr

3. Upp Bt Timah Rd (The Linear)

4. Ardmore Pk, Draycott Pk

5. Commen wealth Ave West (Clementi MRT both sides)

6. Serangoon Ctral

7. Boon Lay Way (MRT)

8. Bishan Rd (MRT)

9. Jurong Gateway Rd (Near JE MRT)

10. Jurong West St 63 (Pioneer MRT)

11. AMK ave 3 (MRT)

12. Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT)

13. New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok MRT)

14. Pasir Pj Rd (b4 MAS)

15. Woodlands Rd (Kranji MRT both sides)

16. Collyer Quay

17. CCK ave 4 (Lot 1)

18. CCK Loop (outside interchange)

19. Jln Sultan (Textile Ctr)

20. Tempines Ctrl 1 (MRT)

21. Beach Rd (GM food ct)

22. River Valley RD (Boon Tong Kee)

23. Tj Katong Rd (Parkstone Rd)

24. Woodlands Ave 7

25. North Bridge Rd (Bugis Jct)

26. Jln Besar (Eminent Plz)

27. Punggol Rd (Punggol Ctrl)

28. Sembawang Rd (Jln Lengkok Sembawang)

29. Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctrl)

30. Upp Serangoon Rd (Simin Rd X Florence Rd)

• Praise 6

I hv got the below list some months back liao, don't know if being shared already. So anyway, for individual viewing. 😊

Note WEF 15/7/2014

A total of 24 hrs X 30 AUTO detect speed cameras will be installed island wide.

Summon (Fine $309 + 3 demerit points) will be sent directly to registered vehicle owner.

The locations are:

1. Beach Rd (golden mile cpx)

2. Marine Parade Ctr

3. Upp Bt Timah Rd (The Linear)

4. Ardmore Pk, Draycott Pk

5. Commen wealth Ave West (Clementi MRT both sides)

6. Serangoon Ctral

7. Boon Lay Way (MRT)

8. Bishan Rd (MRT)

9. Jurong Gateway Rd (Near JE MRT)

10. Jurong West St 63 (Pioneer MRT)

11. AMK ave 3 (MRT)

12. Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT)

13. New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok MRT)

14. Pasir Pj Rd (b4 MAS)

15. Woodlands Rd (Kranji MRT both sides)

16. Collyer Quay

17. CCK ave 4 (Lot 1)

18. CCK Loop (outside interchange)

19. Jln Sultan (Textile Ctr)

20. Tempines Ctrl 1 (MRT)

21. Beach Rd (GM food ct)

22. River Valley RD (Boon Tong Kee)

23. Tj Katong Rd (Parkstone Rd)

24. Woodlands Ave 7

25. North Bridge Rd (Bugis Jct)

26. Jln Besar (Eminent Plz)

27. Punggol Rd (Punggol Ctrl)

28. Sembawang Rd (Jln Lengkok Sembawang)

29. Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctrl)

30. Upp Serangoon Rd (Simin Rd X Florence Rd)

You see list and you will know it's illegal parking and not speed cam.

• Praise 2

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/speedcamera.html

this one good enuf? perhaps other bros got better lobang.

No offence at all intended (I know you meant well), but that list CMI. Might as well say that any major or even semi-major road can have either permanent or "surprise" anti-speeding enforcement. Without more precise location ("hot spot") data, the list is useless.

Of course, that's exactly what the TP wanted to convey: a pretence of a "helpful warning", but no actual information. They want everyone to be on their toes, everywhere, all the time.

• Praise 1

Firstly, those are (very) illegal - as in "impound your car, go straight to jail" illegal.

Secondly, they can give both false positives and negatives. Don't ask me how I know, but rest assured that I am not speaking from complete ignorance. As for laser (unlike radar), once you detect a pulse, you've already been caught. No point slowing down at that point.

A frequently updated list of island-wide and mobile camera locations (including a timetable of "sightings" to discern patterns for the latter) maintained by keen enthusiasts in the community is far more useful. If anyone is thinking of doing this, it's better to remain anonymous and use an overseas server, both for obvious reasons.

Edited by Turboflat4

Firstly, those are (very) illegal - as in "impound your car, go straight to jail" illegal.

Secondly, they can give both false positives and negatives. Don't ask me how I know, but rest assured that I am not speaking from complete ignorance. As for laser (unlike radar), once you detect a pulse, you've already been caught. No point slowing down at that point.

A frequently updated list of island-wide and mobile camera locations (including a timetable of "sightings" to discern patterns for the latter) maintained by keen enthusiasts in the community is far more useful. If anyone is thinking of doing this, it's better to remain anonymous and use an overseas server, both for obvious reasons.

I've used one when I was in the states earlier this year. Very useful. Could spot a cop at least 200m away. Whether or not this is useful to people depends on how fast your eyes react to it. Sadly I couldn't bring it to Sg due to the law here. I don't wanna be stranded at the airport becos of this. Yes they do give false positives especially when you drive in the city where there are malls with motion sensors to open doors.

When it comes to speed cameras over here, the best thing to do is to be on your guard at all times.

↡ Advertisement