Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

On a side note is it illegal for GPS to have these camera points?

In other countries the GPS will give warning for these fixed cams.

↡ Advertisement

Season Greetings One & All, The new X500 Dual Channel Full HD comes with the latest speed camera/red light camera detector! Thinkware Dash Cam uses the GPS technology to detect the Speed Cameras and Traffic Cameras. Not any laser technology. And we will be regularly updating our firmware to ensure you get prompt with all the new traffic cameras around! Running on A7 Ambarella Technology, the fastest processing chip in a dash cam, you are also assured that there will not be any overheating issue.

post-54871-0-00310700-1418816193.jpgpost-54871-0-63218000-1418816198.pngpost-54871-0-17783400-1418816210_thumb.jpg

*That's also why Thinkware is the number one dash cam brand in Korea :)

www.thinkware.com.sg

Edited by ZMC

Season Greetings One & All, The new X500 Dual Channel Full HD comes with the latest speed camera/red light camera detector! Thinkware Dash Cam uses the GPS technology to detect the Speed Cameras and Traffic Cameras. Not any laser technology. And we will be regularly updating our firmware to ensure you get prompt with all the new traffic cameras around! Running on A7 Ambarella Technology, the fastest processing chip in a dash cam, you are also assured that there will not be any overheating issue.

post-54871-0-51879600-1418816876.jpgpost-54871-0-95004400-1418816861_thumb.jpgpost-54871-0-69567600-1418816893.png

www.thinkware.com.sg

Edited by ZMC
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

On a side note is it illegal for GPS to have these camera points?

In other countries the GPS will give warning for these fixed cams.

dont think its illegal to have GPS "reminder".. its only illegal if you uses a radar detector

from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector

Singapore Illegal to possess, purchase, sell or use. Heavy fines apply. Radar detectors are also prohibited items under customs laws.

Edited by Kevin613
  • Praise 1

Which brand of GPS has these...my old Garmin only gives position of the fixed speed cams...but due to the recent increase in numbers there r too many to remember....which GPS can?

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifX500 1.JPGattachicon.gifback.pngattachicon.gifX500 with Speed Camera Detection.jpg

www.thinkware.com.sg

wow............... tis is seriously a good to hv camera plus speed detector [thumbsup] ..................price tink also steep ya [:(]

I hv got the below list some months back liao, don't know if being shared already. So anyway, for individual viewing. 😊

Note WEF 15/7/2014

A total of 24 hrs X 30 AUTO detect speed cameras will be installed island wide.

Summon (Fine $309 + 3 demerit points) will be sent directly to registered vehicle owner.

The locations are:

1. Beach Rd (golden mile cpx)

2. Marine Parade Ctr

3. Upp Bt Timah Rd (The Linear)

4. Ardmore Pk, Draycott Pk

5. Commen wealth Ave West (Clementi MRT both sides)

6. Serangoon Ctral

7. Boon Lay Way (MRT)

8. Bishan Rd (MRT)

9. Jurong Gateway Rd (Near JE MRT)

10. Jurong West St 63 (Pioneer MRT)

11. AMK ave 3 (MRT)

12. Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT)

13. New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok MRT)

14. Pasir Pj Rd (b4 MAS)

15. Woodlands Rd (Kranji MRT both sides)

16. Collyer Quay

17. CCK ave 4 (Lot 1)

18. CCK Loop (outside interchange)

19. Jln Sultan (Textile Ctr)

20. Tempines Ctrl 1 (MRT)

21. Beach Rd (GM food ct)

22. River Valley RD (Boon Tong Kee)

23. Tj Katong Rd (Parkstone Rd)

24. Woodlands Ave 7

25. North Bridge Rd (Bugis Jct)

26. Jln Besar (Eminent Plz)

27. Punggol Rd (Punggol Ctrl)

28. Sembawang Rd (Jln Lengkok Sembawang)

29. Serangoon Rd (Tekka Ctrl)

30. Upp Serangoon Rd (Simin Rd X Florence Rd)

These are surveillance cameras or CCTVs installed outside MRT stations, shopping centre or at busy roads where No Parking and No Waiting for car is allowed. There is a prominent sign to warn motorist of these cameras. Think is good to have a separate thread for forumers to update as and when they come across new locations. Not sure is there oredi a thread for this.

• Praise 1

These are surveillance cameras or CCTVs installed outside MRT stations, shopping centre or at busy roads where No Parking and No Waiting for car is allowed. There is a prominent sign to warn motorist of these cameras. Think is good to have a separate thread for forumers to update as and when they come across new locations. Not sure is there oredi a thread for this.

Yah, good suggestion............. I also not sure........ hahaha lol :D

Tis thread is about speed cameras n I tot my info is for tat.............. [:/] seems not [laugh]

u can go ahead n create a new Thread, Happy Holidays [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Singapore is very tiny. They can implement speed cameras on every roads. Eventually it will be that way or when GPS IU units are implemented, whichever earlier. Better if we start to learn to drive responsibly now.

• Praise 1

I was walking across the bridge over the AYE at NUH last Friday and there was a guy in a green jacket, no other sign of who he was or if he was official, but he was sat on a small stool and using a speed camera which he held in one hand and had to point the camera between the closely spaced railings on the bridge.

In his left hand he was using a mobile phone.

Now he might have been calling to a colleague further along the AYE and telling him who was speeding but somehow I doubt that and suspect he was just chatting to a mate or ordering a takeaway pizza.

So he was trying to point the speed camera with his right hand between the closely spaced railings while using his left hand to hold the phone while chatting to a mate.

Is this professional???

If get caught, then get a few points deducted and pay only a couple hundred of dollars for fine.

If drive until so stressful, either

1) Move left and stick to the speed limit

2) don't drive

3) don't exceed +39 km/hr of the road speed limit, pay up when shot.

• Praise 3

Anyone knows if the new speed cameras have flashes? i didn't know there was a new fixed speed camera on SLE at Mandai area, and i was probably going 96 to 99km/h. Didn't see any flashes but i did brake hard prior to the camera point.

Oh well, its my 2nd day back in Sg after almost 3 weeks and so much as changed in this country. Looks like i will have to wait 2 weeks and standby $150.

Anyone knows if the new speed cameras have flashes? i didn't know there was a new fixed speed camera on SLE at Mandai area, and i was probably going 96 to 99km/h. Didn't see any flashes but i did brake hard prior to the camera point.

Oh well, its my 2nd day back in Sg after almost 3 weeks and so much as changed in this country. Looks like i will have to wait 2 weeks and standby $150.

That one has been installed quite a while. I also got shocked by it about a month back and was speeding above 100km/hr but never kenna so you should be ok.

why need to warn you ??? if you dun speed no need to be afraid , if you want to speed then be a man , pay the penalty and move on [;)]

You shoud advise TP to remove all Speed Camera warning sign. hahaha...

You need to understand this concept and the final objective. He is doing TP a favour.

attachicon.gifX500 1.JPGattachicon.gifback.pngattachicon.gifX500 with Speed Camera Detection.jpg

www.thinkware.com.sg

Speed Camera detector, is it legal in Singapore?

I was walking across the bridge over the AYE at NUH last Friday and there was a guy in a green jacket, no other sign of who he was or if he was official, but he was sat on a small stool and using a speed camera which he held in one hand and had to point the camera between the closely spaced railings on the bridge.

In his left hand he was using a mobile phone.

Now he might have been calling to a colleague further along the AYE and telling him who was speeding but somehow I doubt that and suspect he was just chatting to a mate or ordering a takeaway pizza.

So he was trying to point the speed camera with his right hand between the closely spaced railings while using his left hand to hold the phone while chatting to a mate.

Is this professional???

Since he isn't showing any identity, if I see him doing such things on the bridge, I can just stand next to him and watch, plus use one hand wave to approaching drivers, and use the other to point at him. The drivers will get the message loud n clear :-)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2