Speedsters beware. More speed cameras coming

Matoonia

Maybe triggered by the motor leh?

With the new cameras coming into effect 1st Mar, anyone finds that its not really calibrated properly? Its seems that it will snap at the stated speed limited or somewhere near, there's no allowances like previous old cameras...

Here is a snapshot from my camera this morning... SLE toward CTE speed limit is 90km/h. Car in front triggered the camera. But he cant be travelling that fast. Note that traffic was slightly heavy so speed was below 80 for me...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I saw the same camera flash the car in front of me as well in the morning rush hour, forgot the exact date but think it's last 2 week. I check my speed was little less than 80kmh, the car in front can't be that fast as always too heavy traffic in the morning like 7:30am.

With the new cameras coming into effect 1st Mar, anyone finds that its not really calibrated properly? Its seems that it will snap at the stated speed limited or somewhere near, there's no allowances like previous old cameras...

Here is a snapshot from my camera this morning... SLE toward CTE speed limit is 90km/h. Car in front triggered the camera. But he cant be travelling that fast. Note that traffic was slightly heavy so speed was below 80 for me...

Edited by Mavwong
  • Praise 2

Likewise, I was travelling on PIE last sat after dinner twds Stevens rd. Speed was around 75km/h and there were about two cars on first lane while i was on second lane. The camera flash triggered and i couldn't make out who triggered it.

• Praise 2

Yup same sentiments

Saw it flash many times whn passing n see cars react by braking . Recipe for accidents if u ask me

• Praise 3

Likewise, I was travelling on PIE last sat after dinner twds Stevens rd. Speed was around 75km/h and there were about two cars on first lane while i was on second lane. The camera flash triggered and i couldn't make out who triggered it.

Along PIE east-bound near Lornie & opposite direction near BKE, I noticed the flash would go off by itself.

My theory is they've been configured to flash to state their presence and to remind us not to main main with them. It's now looking more like those in Shanghai where they'll flash all the time - isn't it a road hazard ?

• Praise 1

If its just flashing for fun...its definitely going to be dangerous as motorist will be caught off guard...and some may not react safely...

• Praise 1

If its just flashing for fun...its definitely going to be dangerous as motorist will be caught off guard...and some may not react safely...

really hope so. Yday travelling along Bukit Batok road, maintained 70km/h on my speedo. About 15m past the speed camera, I switched lane and had to accelerate slightly to do so. From my side mirror, I saw the camera (forward-facing one) flashed in my direction!

I was already past the camera leh. and din recall that I accelerated much... hope the camera was either too sensitive or flashing at some other cars i.e. not mine.

Yup same sentiments

Saw it flash many times whn passing n see cars react by braking . Recipe for accidents if u ask me

Unless it is testing its light intensity, or what, else, just means that many motorists are blantantly exceeding the speed limit...

Anyway, its going to increase garmen money liao :D

I believe right now no speed allowances...let us know if you receive ant "letter"

sigh. i togt speed on the speedometer is usually 5-10 km/h slower than "real" speed. Speaking from comparision using GPS speed...

Supercharged

really hope so. Yday travelling along Bukit Batok road, maintained 70km/h on my speedo. About 15m past the speed camera, I switched lane and had to accelerate slightly to do so. From my side mirror, I saw the camera (forward-facing one) flashed in my direction!

I was already past the camera leh. and din recall that I accelerated much... hope the camera was either too sensitive or flashing at some other cars i.e. not mine.

I think old cameras distance 1km? New cameras distance 5km?

need verification on this part.

But personally, I haven't triggered the new cams along PIE on both directions, despite touching between 80-90km/h. *touch wood*

Unless it is testing its light intensity, or what, else, just means that many motorists are blantantly exceeding the speed limit...

Anyway, its going to increase garmen money liao :D

Actually its not all true...if you drive pass the cam that is located at PIE near Adams towards Tuas...its a down slope before the Cam...meaning you need to maintain below 80 (if there are no allowances) or brake to reduce speed...

Supercharged

Actually its not all true...if you drive pass the cam that is located at PIE near Adams towards Tuas...its a down slope before the Cam...meaning you need to maintain below 80 (if there are no allowances) or brake to reduce speed...

Basket! Today say only tio jinx!

Pass by PIE cam towards Tuas, tio snap, immediately look at speedo, less than 80... dunno is the J plate kup kia beside me or i si bei suay....

↡ Advertisement