Best credit card for cashback?

Hypersonic

I have only one CC, thats OCBC NTUC.

Good for my shopping in Fairprice, of course still can earn some points for rebate :)

Good to be prudent in CC shopping, don't be drowned by their marketing and eventually suck into monthly payment to these banks.

Yeah, if I not wrong, some correction on the Uob card.

The rebate goes like this;

Every mth exceeds $300.

on every quarter, you get $30 cashback.

Likewise for $800, you get rebate of $80 on the 3rd mth.

I uses the Onecard...avg per mth over 1500, each qtr I get $150 cash back...after I hot, I switch to one Signature card to earn points and buy movie tickets...

whats the best card to pay income tax? HSBC was originally free, but now they have started charging 1.5% ...

Pay by Giro, 12 mths instalment, interest free.

But no pts to earn

I use to like Everyday card.... till I use it online and kena hack..... nbccb.... I am still chasing for my refund..... so long u use locally, good card..... but kena unauthorized charged.... good luck if u use DBS credit card.... I dont know what kind of farking security they have or the lack of it..... my ocbc.... kena once 50 plus dollar unauthorized charge bank straight away call verify and block card..... dbs.... nearby 1000 no sound no sight.... ccb

How cum yr cards kena hacked so many times?

Hypersonic

does anyone use OCBC Frank? How does it compare with the above?

I got the Frank card. If you spend $1k each month online, then no problem. Sure get $60 rebate. Good deal I think cos I spend around that every month. Problem is over $1k the other spends only 0.5%

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I have switch to credit card that collect airmiles. (Amex Krisflyer) I try to use it for one year straight and see if i can go to what country end of the year.

If the reward system is ta-boleh, I will switch back to the cashback CC. Most prob i will use citibank one.

Hypersonic

I got the Frank card. If you spend $1k each month online, then no problem. Sure get $60 rebate. Good deal I think cos I spend around that every month. Problem is over $1k the other spends only 0.5%

frank card is 500 dollars right. not 1k.

I use Manhattan card for big purchases. As long more than 3k in that month can qualify for the cashback. Though reduced from before.

Frank card for online purchases.

Hypersonic

frank card is 500 dollars right. not 1k.

I use Manhattan card for big purchases. As long more than 3k in that month can qualify for the cashback. Though reduced from before.

Frank card for online purchases.

Ya... must spend at least $500 online to get the 6%. So depends on your spending. If sure over $500 then it will be very worthwhile.

So must be more than $500 but less than $1k to maximise on rebates.

Hypersonic

Ya... must spend at least $500 online to get the 6%. So depends on your spending. If sure over $500 then it will be very worthwhile.

So must be more than $500 but less than $1k to maximise on rebates.

ya.

Anyway i also use Maybank Friends & Family card. If u spend more than 500/month on the card. U get 5% cashback on all CS/NTUC purchases.

Turbocharged

Pay by Giro, 12 mths instalment, interest free.

But no pts to earn

How cum yr cards kena hacked so many times?

Susoect could be online purchase via Comgateway...... OCBC got block early early, only troublesome thing is changing to a new card.... DBS card.... sigh..... [shakehead]

(edited)

I use POSB Everyday card for groceries at Sheng Shiong. 5% rebate..

watson 3%

HDB Season parking 1%

HDB Season parking used to be 3% rebate. NB, now 1% nia.

Edited by Mazda_mad

(edited)

HDB Season parking used to be 3% rebate. NB, now 1% nia.

Maybe Giro complained, coz they gib 2%, then POSB gib 3%, so reduced to 1%. Tat time I wanted to change fr Giro to POSB then the HDB branch office girl blah blah blah, end up I remain Giro [dizzy]

Edited by Johnnylim

post-137676-0-13858700-1401937950_thumb.png

post-137676-0-74678600-1401937972_thumb.png

Petrol

Up to

18.3%

• Fuel savings at Caltex

5%

• Cashback at all other petrol service stations

Spend a minimum of S$600 in a calendar month.
If you spend less than S$600, a flat 0.3% cashback is awarded. Cashback amount is capped at S$80 per calendar month.

• Praise 3

If you notice, rebates will get smaller and smaller as time pass.....

The "high" rebate amount initially is to attract new sign ups and conversions of existing cards to new. Then, after some time, the rebates fall.....

that's why the earlier the sign up the better it is, can get these benefits earlier

when they reduce the benefits, then it is time to say goodbye and seek out other card

Neutral Newbie

that's why the earlier the sign up the better it is, can get these benefits earlier

when they reduce the benefits, then it is time to say goodbye and seek out other card

agree with you, when they have substantial amount of the subscribers, bye bye good rates.

I use the CIMB World Mastercard. It gives 1% cash back with no monthly cap.

Also the cash back is given at each month statement ie deducted automatically from the bill of that particular month.

When I applied this it was free for life but supp card have to pay.

Now I'm not sure if this annual fee is still free.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3