Buy Gold and Sliver Bullion in Singapore

Internal Moderator

Recently came across a very old article only that kept me think instead of putting all my money in the bank, should i turn some of my money into useful metals?

Buy Silver in Singapore

American-Eagle-Silver-Bullion-Coin.jpg

Lately, I have been having some bizarre interest in collecting silver coins. It just feels cool to actually own silver knowing that this used to be used as currency across history. But as a pretty newbie to silver, I won't call my purchases as investing in silver just yet. Nevertheless, I have been reading up quite a fair bit about silver coins to know how much a troy ounce actually weighs. And it is interesting to find out a whole new domain of knowledge literally about investing in silver bullion coins, using it as a hedge against inflation, etc.

Well, the first thing to realise is that it is not too difficult to buy silver in Singapore. I am not talking about investing in silver through ETFs but really owning physical silver bars and coins. There are actually quite a few companies that sells silver bullion. Here are the few things that I have learnt about silver coins thus far:

1. Buy silver coins or bars that are widely recognised

• This seems to be the advice that people are giving in various forums. Coins widely recognised include the American Silver Eagle and the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. There are others like the Australian Silver Kookaburra from Perth Mint and also the Austrian Silver Vienna Philharmonic.
2. Silver Coins Trade Above Spot Price
  • One can check the spot price for silver easily on kitco or some other website. However, silver coins often trade or are sold above the spot price of silver. Even on Ebay, they trade above the spot price.
  • Silver price has been increasing slowly.
3. Places to Buy Silver in Singapore [Grabbed this off another forum]
Many of these shops have a minimum order (e.g. 20 x 1 oz coins) or a minimum purchase of $2000. Some of them have minimum orders of 500 oz and based on today's price of silver, will literally cost you a 20 over grand (estimated $48++ for a 1 oz silver coin). So you really have to be serious about it before making a purchase. The first link actually allows customers to buy 1 oz silver bar as a minimum order. But it is a Scottsdale silver bar and I am not certain that it is as widely recognised as the other silver coins.
4. Buying off Ebay
If you prefer to buy loose pieces, you can always buy them off Ebay. However, prices are slightly higher when you do not buy in bulk. Many sellers also do not ship to Singapore.
Anyone have any experiences to share for buying bullion?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Silver coins are the most popular way to circumvent against price increase and balance selection risk in these turbulent financial times we live in.

It has been traditionally been the most reasonable valuable metal. Not like with Gold, Silver has exclusive properties, which make it a perfect and important venture for global industry. It creates a condition where there is merely no alternative.

Also, it has massive industrial applications. It is established in almost everything from phones to computers. As the world of technology continues to grow, so it creates a great demand for more silver. Also, the medical industry has found almost in various ways to utilize silver along the industrial world.

In fact, these applications make it an ideal investment. Of course, silver and gold are form of money and also during ancient times, they were used for gambling purposes. They are usually made in metal as well as, in disc shaped. During 700 BC, the Mesopotamian used valuable metals as a means of their exchange.

Most of the time, U.S. mint is a government controlled coin production feature. It also manufactured what is extensively considered. Moreover, America's most attractive silver coin is the Walking Liberty Half-Dollar and then by that time, the Mint separated all silver from quarter and dimes, as well.

However, the silver content in half-dollars was condensed into 40%. The mint sustained to turn out silver coins since 1971. As an alternative, the so called "Fiat Money System", which has no real value of its own, imposed as an official tender by the government. The effect is that the "Fiat Money" becomes less important and valuable metals become more priceless.

(edited)

can try to buy silver or buy gold from

www.goldsilvercity.com.sg

they having a free delivery promotions. not bad especially when the price is the lowest i can find so far.

just a little above the current spot prices.

much cheaper than buying bars or coins from uob

Edited by archcherub
  • Praise 1

just asking. anyone bought silver ah?

silver price now is like the lowest in.. dunno how long.

I just googled and its so low now that commerical hedgers have to long silver first time in 32 years

ps: yah i bought silver in 2015 and lost money on those purchases lol

Buy even more when low...

Averaging rule. [laugh]

Nobody has the crystal ball. [:p]

just asking. anyone bought silver ah?

silver price now is like the lowest in.. dunno how long.

I just googled and its so low now that commerical hedgers have to long silver first time in 32 years

ps: yah i bought silver in 2015 and lost money on those purchases lol

• Praise 1

is gold a safe haven? why people buy gold where there are crisis?

because dentist are expensive during crisis, if you bring your own gold for filling a cavity, your cost is reduced. Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 5

is gold a safe haven? why people buy gold where there are crisis?

Some hotels only accept gold coin as payment.

Ask John Wick he knows.

:D

John%2BWick%2BContentinal%2BHotel%2BChar

• Praise 2