Buying a Superb, any advice?

Astina

So how's the DSG "calibration"? Really remove the juddering?

Of course premium. I heard the workshop boss used to be the AD(Audi) workshop manager. He knows the pricing well. LoL...

Never try. I only did one servicing with them and a cosmetic mod. They are good and responsible.

As for juddering, I have yet to experience any form of juddering at 75k km mileage.

I had only replaced my MU with VCS at 72k km.

↡ Advertisement

Never try. I only did one servicing with them and a cosmetic mod. They are good and responsible.

As for juddering, I have yet to experience any form of juddering at 75k km mileage.

I had only replaced my MU with VCS at 72k km.

I see...

This workshop is too poisonous. If I have a car from VW group I think I will mod until pok kai. LoL...

(edited)

I see...

This workshop is too poisonous. If I have a car from VW group I think I will mod until pok kai. LoL...

I have known enough of VW (including some of their quality tests such as TS16949 standards and supply chains) to decide for myself that their genuine or OEM parts are very much better off than aftermarket ones which are often heavily marketed and sold by many of the workshops outside.

Having said this, VAG is one which promotes using genuine or OEM parts very strongly and I agree with them.

I am not a vendor and does not possess any form of vested interest in VAG and/or any other workshop.

Edited by Yuan
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

saw a few 2010/2011 superb on sgcarmart, any thing to look out for? heard about the gearbox problem anything else?

thanks in advance

I am driving a Skoda and no problem so far for me, touch wood. Strangely, Skoda is more reliable than VW and Audi even if they share the same parts bin.

The Superb is a very nice and practical car to get. I don't think you will regret getting one.

Skoda is very popular in Europe so spare parts so there are plentiful of spare parts in this taobao age.

• Praise 1

I am driving a Skoda and no problem so far for me, touch wood. Strangely, Skoda is more reliable than VW and Audi even if they share the same parts bin.

The Superb is a very nice and practical car to get. I don't think you will regret getting one.

Skoda is very popular in Europe so spare parts so there are plentiful of spare parts in this taobao age.

can check where u service and repair your car?? tks lol

Neutral Newbie

thanks for all the input, can any superb owner confirm the car sold in 2010 has got 5 yr /100k warranty? and with the current situation how do you send your car for warranty claim?

thanks for all the input, can any superb owner confirm the car sold in 2010 has got 5 yr /100k warranty? and with the current situation how do you send your car for warranty claim?

question is ...is the warranty transferable to the next owner?

Time for a beer soon? [bounce1][bounce2]

I think VCS has already started to take over the servicing/repairs? Heard that need to have log cards to register inside their system though, which you don't have. Best is to call VCS to confirm.

At the same time, if u really interested, can squeeze the dealer and tell them distributor close shop no warranty blah blah, and try get a really good deal.

Im driving skoda superb 2.0 6-spd.

NO regrets, enjoying the ride everyday... nice legroom, responsive engines. recently just hit by swift, my wife and kid dun feel a thing...all safe :)

the only downside is some driver still think is china make car due to the badge design.

Neutral Newbie

thanks for all the input, test drove a few superbs and the car is just fine, except the cars seem abit sluggish (1.8 ), or maybe becoz im too used to my current saab

(edited)

After 6,7 years when I missed the Blackout sale at 100k on the 2nd generation Superb, finally the 3rd generation is out.

Exterior look like a hybrid of BMW (front) and Audi (rear). This is even much larger than the previous one. 4cm wider and taller with 17.5cm longer at rear room.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/89862/new-skoda-superb-2015-pics-specs-and-video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqVHZegYZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzODDwVqoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJCmutnd4s

Edited by Axela72

(edited)

After 6,7 years when I missed the Blackout sale at 100k on the 2nd generation Superb, finally the 3rd generation is out.

Exterior look like a hybrid of BMW (front) and Audi (rear). This is even much larger than the previous one. 4cm wider and taller with 17.5cm longer at rear room.

You are right the rear is same as Audi A3

and the front also looks like Sonata.

:D

post-23002-0-16786400-1425220883.jpg

post-23002-0-36905800-1425220888_thumb.jpg

post-23002-0-94142600-1425221038_thumb.jpg

post-23002-0-67616900-1425221045.jpg

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3