Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

My opinion is good to bypass especially u wanna your passengers to watch movie while u driving. Since u opening up your console, u may consider install TV tuner. This guy is useful when u are stuck in custom or driving around JB. But please be mindful your surrounding and be focus when u r driving. TP especially.

Just done with trial and error in the car, using a working thumb drive.

Here are the findings.

1) the USB female slot - just beside cigarette socket, has already been connected to the Pioneer HU.

2) format of thumb drive - strictly FAT32. NTFS of FAT will not work in playing videos from thumb drive.

3) Can only watch, when gear is in P. Hence a bypass is needed.

4) Have tried .avi files. the rest still in exploring stage.

Hope the above is useful for bros here, who like to unlock an additional feature from this HU.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

In my case, I am using left and right headrest monitors to facilitate the playing of cartoons for my kids when vehicle in motion.

The screen facing the driver, just press 'Disp'

It will off the driver front screen.

Bro, my 8NG bid also. They just trying their luck only. Wasting my time. Before i put my deposit, they say there is 90% chance to get my car in end Sept. After 3 bid, they say chance is low coz Mazda bid very low for COE. Maybe should consider othe car brand. Any recommendations?

Eventually they will ask u to TOP up to GB

Happened @Shell kiosk just now. Coming 5th mth only. 1st time encounter this, any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Most insurance cover the windscreen replacement. U can check it out. But if it's small crack, u may repair at some "wind screen repair shop". It's seamless. If I remember correctly I done mine for less than 80 dollars. Hope it helps.

Happened @Shell kiosk just now. Coming 5th mth only. 1st time encounter this, any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Hi Bro Antant77 is right. Your insurance (AIG?) will cover the windscreen. You can go back to the authorised workshop. Depending on your insurance coverage, its either free or you pay a little fee. 

They should change one for you. 

Yup, My AD asked me to top up but the price is ridiculous. Still considering....  [:p]

Shell Station, is it the attendance offer to wipe windscreen then put back the wiper too fast. Seems like caused by wiper.

Better don't ask them for compensation wait we all don't have such service anymore.. lol...

Joking bro.. claim your insurance. Pay 100 dollar change windscreen normally.. but don't cover solar film. Need to pay.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

So far did not hear any mazda owner got the car after the 7th NG bids? 

I also never hear golden handshake from AD before. 

Are we sure mazda boss not keen in making money? not even a $1 from us?

Any mazda owner experience this situation before?

So far did not hear any mazda owner got the car after the 7th NG bids?

I also never hear golden handshake from AD before.

Are we sure mazda boss not keen in making money? not even a $1 from us?

Any mazda owner experience this situation before?

Well. If the SE desperate to clinch a deal, he will offer u to TOP up subject to whether they can meet their margin or they having new shipment coming. If u refuse other offer, they will give the change to others who wants the car more than u. Btw, they offer me TOP up on my 6th NG bid. I accepted and Golden handshake was done after two more bids. Good luck bro.

Well. If the SE desperate to clinch a deal, he will offer u to TOP up subject to whether they can meet their margin or they having new shipment coming. If u refuse other offer, they will give the change to others who wants the car more than u. Btw, they offer me TOP up on my 6th NG bid. I accepted and Golden handshake was done after two more bids. Good luck bro.

Can Know how much was the top up? 

Mine was quite high and i am still considering. Maybe I was caught in a bad timing..

Can Know how much was the top up?

Mine was quite high and i am still considering. Maybe I was caught in a bad timing..

Abt 1.5k if I didn't remember wrongly

Neutral Newbie

Oh, i thot the Golden Handshake is deposit return and said bye bye to mazda.

Then we can buy from others.  

I opened the sliding door for a passenger today, and while the passenger was boarding, the sliding door started to close by itself! 

Did this happen to anyone else?

I opened the sliding door for a passenger today, and while the passenger was boarding, the sliding door started to close by itself!

Did this happen to anyone else?

This happened to me 3 times before.

Has recently brought this issue up on my 5K servicing.

Was told by the lady that they would have to plug in the diagnostic tool and see what fault codes is out.

She advised me to pre-arrange and do it during my next 10K servicing; and this would take at least 1/2 day.

Eversince i would ensure that my kids keep clear of the door when it"s open and only on-board the car when the door is fully open.

However, i do not experience this occurrence again for about 2 months.

Mine best. Kerb side passenger sliding door cannot be opened/closed electronically and will hear a gear slipping noise. Need to manually close it back then can open again. Happpened 2-3 times, but recently doesn't occur again.

Hey same problem. On n off problem. Hard to replicate.

U will hear the door jam. Then the door lost power. Have to manually close it. Den it can be automatic again.

Lucky they nv blame my ice. Haha.

First time brought up during servicing. Cant detect problem, then nx servicing brought up again. Female service advisor say depends if have fault code.

They called n replace the door after tt. Did up within 1 day. Must be my lucky day.

Mine best. Kerb side passenger sliding door cannot be opened/closed electronically and will hear a gear slipping noise. Need to manually close it back then can open again. Happpened 2-3 times, but recently doesn't occur again.

Hi Everyone,

I currently own a Mazda 3 and it is retiring in Apr next year so I am considering between Mazda 5 and the Kia Caren 1.7 Diesel model.

I am having a hard time deciding and I welcome your inputs. I have listed down some of the key points that I am considering. I do not need to use all 7 seats regularly and drive about 1000 km a month only.

Kia Caren:

Price diff of -$3k

Omv +$2k

Road tax +$$300 per year

Fuel savings: $100 per month

In house financing interest lower by 0.2%

Limited colors to choose from

M5:

Sliding Doors

More colors

Jap branding

Quieter engine as it is petrol

More spacious

Appreciate your weigh-ins

Thanks

Hi,

Considering that this is the Mazda thread - I don't think you'll that "balanced" review. 

Btw - toyota has good promotion on their Toyota Wish and Corolla Altis. But Mazda doesn't seem to retaliate so far.

Hi Everyone,

I currently own a Mazda 3 and it is retiring in Apr next year so I am considering between Mazda 5 and the Kia Caren 1.7 Diesel model.

I am having a hard time deciding and I welcome your inputs. I have listed down some of the key points that I am considering. I do not need to use all 7 seats regularly and drive about 1000 km a month only.

Kia Caren:
Price diff of -$3k
Omv +$2k
Road tax +$$300 per year
Fuel savings: $100 per month
In house financing interest lower by 0.2%
Limited colors to choose from

M5:
Sliding Doors
More colors
Jap branding
Quieter engine as it is petrol