Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Hi Everyone,

I currently own a Mazda 3 and it is retiring in Apr next year so I am considering between Mazda 5 and the Kia Caren 1.7 Diesel model.

I am having a hard time deciding and I welcome your inputs. I have listed down some of the key points that I am considering. I do not need to use all 7 seats regularly and drive about 1000 km a month only.

Kia Caren:

Price diff of -$3k

Omv +$2k

Road tax +$$300 per year

Fuel savings: $100 per month

In house financing interest lower by 0.2%

Limited colors to choose from

M5:

Sliding Doors

More colors

Jap branding

Quieter engine as it is petrol

More spacious

Appreciate your weigh-ins

Thanks

Ok I did a test drive of M5 yesterday and decided to go ahead with the M5! Got all the standard items for deluxe model with guaranteed COE for 115k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ok I did a test drive of M5 yesterday and decided to go ahead with the M5! Got all the standard items for deluxe model with guaranteed COE for 115k

See bro..I told u right...after test drive u will know the answer. lol.

Sourcing for this. Got lobang pls. inform me. tks.

post-174347-0-31133700-1473688309_thumb.png

See bro..I told u right...after test drive u will know the answer. lol.

Lol but surprisingly the Kia Carens was a slightly better drive compare to M5. But my wife preferred the M5 and the SE gave me a pretty reasonable deal that meant the M5 and Kia Carens were almost equal in terms of price so M5 wins based on branding and as a package.
  • Praise 1

Lol but surprisingly the Kia Carens was a slightly better drive compare to M5. But my wife preferred the M5 and the SE gave me a pretty reasonable deal that meant the M5 and Kia Carens were almost equal in terms of price so M5 wins based on branding and as a package.

Great decision!

You can also find us here in this forum.

http://skyactiv-mazda-group.proboards.com/board/25/mazda-5

• Praise 1

Good deal! Brought mine at $117K last Friday. So your is guaranteed COE for how many bids?

Actually I didn't paid extra but maybe the price that I brought everything was amortised in.

Brought it at $117k nett, deluxe model. Freebies are the standard items like 3 years warranty/servicing, solar film, front/back camera, auto dim mirror. But do take note you have to take a min of $50k loan in order to enjoy this promo that's what the SE told me.

Traded in my 9yrs old vehicle and their buy back price was rather high too. Ultimately the reasons why I brought M5 was because my wife prefer Mazda due to the looks (she hated Wish) and the specs/features it offered and most importantly they have ready stocks hence lesser waiting time.

Right now I'm just hoping that whatever the SE promised will be fulfilled. Don't want to get a heart attack later hearing them say there's a delay due to whatever reason thou they did indicate in the SA stating that my car will be OTR latest by when.

Thanks for sharing. Appreciate
  • Praise 1

Good deal! Brought mine at $117K last Friday. So your is guaranteed COE for how many bids?

6 bids. But they called me within the same day to update me that they have available Open cat Coe so don't even have to wait.

Feel that M5 price is going up.

Just have price from SE at ubi $119k

After discount ,is this a gd offer?

I got mine at ubi too at 115k last Sunday based on Coe of about 57k.

Deluxe package with the gps, car camera etc but I didn't go for the tv monitor accessories so got 1.8k discount because of that.

Got other things like free guaranteed Coe upgrade promo, in house financing and insurance and also Mazda loyalty discount (coz I traded in my old Mazda 3).

Hi Guys,anyone know of any scrapyard that specialize in Mazda 5 parts.Damage my lower side skirting.Wonder if the older and newer Mazda 5 share the same design.Not worth to get a new one from Mazda,cost is around $1055,really daylight robbery.

Else any OEM stockists to recommend for Mazda parts?TIA.

post-145989-0-56335200-1473941555_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Guys...my mz5 gps5 died..any suggestions how to fix it?

It keep saying error in the file.

I heard about removing and inserting bk memory card but where's it located?

TIA

Wetang, how long did u waited and after how many bids

Yea man interested to know too :). Awaiting bidding results tmr.

Nice to see such an active thread. Good for pointers and recommendations!

Wetang, how long did u waited and after how many bids

I was quite lucky as I booked on 11th Sept and got upgraded to a guaranteed package and got a call on the same afternoon informing me that they had stock for the colour I wanted and an open cat coe from the last round of bidding.

So waiting time is slightly less than 2 weeks.

↡ Advertisement