Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Www.tuffi.com.sg

Aka Tuff Kote. Been in the car industry for quite a long time.

Yes i agree w the other bros here that rusting is of a less concern here than in countries w 4 seasons.

But if u do drive alot, it helps to coat your under carriage, in lieu of wear n tear. Heard taxis do it too, and the coating also helps to repel insects like roaches.

I use this on my current ride at the beginning... After the installation, there will be smell in the car for few days.

It was given free, so I took it. Thereafter, I have to go for "maintenance" that cost me $60 per year. I only did the 'maintenance' once though.

Your car will smell for a few days after this. I can't remember if this repel insects; but all I know is that the ride felt a bit quieter after installation. It blocks the road noise coming from your tires. 

↡ Advertisement

I use this on my current ride at the beginning... After the installation, there will be smell in the car for few days.

It was given free, so I took it. Thereafter, I have to go for "maintenance" that cost me $60 per year. I only did the 'maintenance' once though.

Your car will smell for a few days after this. I can't remember if this repel insects; but all I know is that the ride felt a bit quieter after installation. It blocks the road noise coming from your tires.

Thanks! Ur current ride is a M5?

Probably coating once or twice is sufficient. Thks for the smell warning, was also wondering if the smell wud b bad.

Thanks! Ur current ride is a M5?

Probably coating once or twice is sufficient. Thks for the smell warning, was also wondering if the smell wud b bad.

Not yet - M5 is still a distance reality. Price has gone up instead of going down - despite the COE drops

Not yet - M5 is still a distance reality. Price has gone up instead of going down - despite the COE drops

Ic, ur current ride expiring soon and looking for a seven seater?

Borbeo having some good deals now on the Wish btw.

Ic, ur current ride expiring soon and looking for a seven seater?

Borbeo having some good deals now on the Wish btw.

:D Bingo! That is correct. 

yeaaah - Wish was good deal; but the noise level is a bit high. But the price is non guarantee, so I doubt that many will get at that current price. The guarantee version + deluxe model will cost close to Mazda 5. 

Still, the SE in borneo gives us a good offer that almost couldn't refuse - to decide, I ask for another test drive; and since it's still noisy - i have to vote against it.

If Wish sound proofing is good - it'd be my next one. :TT_TT:

:D Bingo! That is correct.

yeaaah - Wish was good deal; but the noise level is a bit high. But the price is non guarantee, so I doubt that many will get at that current price. The guarantee version + deluxe model will cost close to Mazda 5.

Still, the SE in borneo gives us a good offer that almost couldn't refuse - to decide, I ask for another test drive; and since it's still noisy - i have to vote against it.

If Wish sound proofing is good - it'd be my next one. :TT_TT:

Come come join the M5 family!

Think for a decent mid size mpv, 110k range shud be quite stable pricing at 50k plus coe.

End of day its still a needs and wants assessment. Most impt of all buy within ur budget n dont think too much!

Recall some bro did an analysis. The breakeven for mazda shud be ard only 100k. Hence need to observe coe rebate.

Edited by Putumayam

Come come join the M5 family!

Think for a decent mid size mpv, 110k range shud be quite stable pricing at 50k plus coe.

End of day its still a needs and wants assessment. Most impt of all buy within ur budget n dont think too much!

Recall some bro did an analysis. The breakeven for mazda shud be ard only 100k. Hence need to observe coe rebate.

Its one of my choice.... [:p] .... but specs like so so.... esp only 2 airbags.... [sweatdrop] ... the others are Orlando, think also 2 airbags, Wish, Opel Astra Sports Tourer, Peugeot 5008, Kia Caren, Honda Shuttle.... need big backside, aka boot space.... [laugh]

Jap bnb mpv safety features cannot make it, only conti ones emphasize more on safety features. N also usually quite no frills. makes me think that having 2 sliding doors like big deal so they cut back on safety n avantgarde design.

Its one of my choice.... [:p] .... but specs like so so.... esp only 2 airbags.... [sweatdrop] ... the others are Orlando, think also 2 airbags, Wish, Opel Astra Sports Tourer, Peugeot 5008, Kia Caren, Honda Shuttle.... need big backside, aka boot space.... [laugh]

Frankly if budget is not a concern, just go for conti makes.

If budget then actually 2 airbags or more does not really make a significant difference in the singapore context.

Its Extremely rare for 1 airbag to be deployed here, not to say 6.

Jap bnb mpv safety features cannot make it, only conti ones emphasize more on safety features. N also usually quite no frills. makes me think that having 2 sliding doors like big deal so they cut back on safety n avantgarde design.

Good point!

I like the sliding door, but not so much to pay too much extra for it or reducing the safety features - not to forget that sliding door does take time to open.

Also, I'd take the cruise control anytime over the sliding door. 

Good point!

I like the sliding door, but not so much to pay too much extra for it or reducing the safety features - not to forget that sliding door does take time to open.

More mechanized item means more chance to breakdown means spend more. But common mindset is spend so much must have more electronic n mechanized stuffs else not worth..

Frankly if budget is not a concern, just go for conti makes.

If budget then actually 2 airbags or more does not really make a significant difference in the singapore context.

Its Extremely rare for 1 airbag to be deployed here, not to say 6.

Ever totalled a ride yrs back. Curtain n side airbags deployed due to rear cabin side impact by lorry.. Never say never..

Oops for ur case never say rare..

More mechanized item means more chance to breakdown means spend more. But common mindset is spend so much must have more electronic n mechanized stuffs else not worth..

Ever totalled a ride yrs back. Curtain n side airbags deployed due to rear cabin side impact by lorry.. Never say never..

Oops for ur case never say rare..

Totalled a ride?.. Sounds serious..Care to share how it happened so we can leatn?

Didnt say never, but statistically, the probability is low. Most japs makes are cheaper in omv because of lesser features, thats the reality of how they compete.

If sliding doors are not impt, dont even consider it because yes, more electronics means more maintenance. For most of us, the sliding doors r the main selling pt of a M5.

Edited by Putumayam

Good point!

Yes. I share the same sentiment. In conti there is other new features then this old mazda5 sliding door.

Buyg those conti car, u have something to look forward to use and play with it.

Else all will be basic. Learn and play sliding in and out?

I have visited a few AD..... Madza 5 and Kia Caren high in the list.... got to strike out most conti  lie 5008, 3008, Focus etc, as found the seating not to my liking.... only left with Opel..... [;)]

I have visited a few AD..... Madza 5 and Kia Caren high in the list.... got to strike out most conti lie 5008, 3008, Focus etc, as found the seating not to my liking.... only left with Opel..... [;)]

Did u try citreon, the grand picasso c4.

The gear shifting is something diff or not convention driving. Is fingering shift. I yet to test drive. But looking forward if my m5 dont turn up.

Did u try citreon, the grand picasso c4.

The gear shifting is something diff or not convention driving. Is fingering shift. I yet to test drive. But looking forward if my m5 dont turn up.

Price out of budget, unless got special promo to be in line with Mazda 5 and Carens pricing.

Neutral Newbie

Hi ppl,

Need your help. Sorry if this is a noob question, but i am totally lost. HDB office is closed too.

I have just change my car. However, I wanted to transfer my season parking from my old car to my new car. 

I was told by my friend to use the change the new vehicle's In-Unit (IU) number in the MyHDBPage.... I can change the new IU number, but the car recorded in the system is still the old one. How do I change to the new car plate number?

Thank!

↡ Advertisement