Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Hi ppl,

Need your help. Sorry if this is a noob question, but i am totally lost. HDB office is closed too.

I have just change my car. However, I wanted to transfer my season parking from my old car to my new car. 

I was told by my friend to use the change the new vehicle's In-Unit (IU) number in the MyHDBPage.... I can change the new IU number, but the car recorded in the system is still the old one. How do I change to the new car plate number?

Thank!

Change of new IU number is only for cars who have changed their IUs due to faulty IUs and not because you've changed car. Check this out:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/Satellite?c=Page&cid=1383797550830&pagename=InfoWEB%2FPage%2FArticleDetailPage&rendermode=preview

Alternatively use the HDB app to notify transfer of season parking. Easily done and immediate also.

↡ Advertisement

Hi ppl,

Need your help. Sorry if this is a noob question, but i am totally lost. HDB office is closed too.

I have just change my car. However, I wanted to transfer my season parking from my old car to my new car.

I was told by my friend to use the change the new vehicle's In-Unit (IU) number in the MyHDBPage.... I can change the new IU number, but the car recorded in the system is still the old one. How do I change to the new car plate number?

Thank!

I go to the HDB page, login using my Singpass, to change my license plate number but unable to change the IU number. I called HDB hotline to change the IU number. When I asked why I cannot change the IU number online, the staff said that my MSCP is not equipped with EPS. That's why cannot update IU number online. But they are looking into enabling all EPS and non-EPS to update the IU number online.

Turbocharged

Did u try citreon, the grand picasso c4.

The gear shifting is something diff or not convention driving. Is fingering shift. I yet to test drive. But looking forward if my m5 dont turn up.

Lo and behold..... the Citreon price really move down to nearly Madza 5 range... and I went to test drive, love the ride.....

Now thinking back.... just to share... Madza 5 with 2litre like become not value for $$$$.... hight road tax and high petrol cost???

Citreon due to diesel, will save on FC, and the road tax is about $300++ more than Madza only....

But again, a Jap made and Conti made.... tough choice...

Lo and behold..... the Citreon price really move down to nearly Madza 5 range... and I went to test drive, love the ride.....

Now thinking back.... just to share... Madza 5 with 2litre like become not value for $$$$.... hight road tax and high petrol cost???

Citreon due to diesel, will save on FC, and the road tax is about $300++ more than Madza only....

But again, a Jap made and Conti made.... tough choice...

But maintenance cost for Conti car should be higher and will impact the true cost of ownership.

Turbocharged

But maintenance cost for Conti car should be higher and will impact the true cost of ownership.

Yes, will need to look at overall cost..... maintenance cost for conti higher, road tax higher but save on the diesel... for Madza 5, not sure about the maintenance, but for sure the 2l car will be more expensive on the petrol...

Yes, will need to look at overall cost..... maintenance cost for conti higher, road tax higher but save on the diesel... for Madza 5, not sure about the maintenance, but for sure the 2l car will be more expensive on the petrol...

True and better FC coz of diesel was 1 of the reasons why I was considering KIA Carens when I was still deciding on which car to buy.

Yes, will need to look at overall cost..... maintenance cost for conti higher, road tax higher but save on the diesel... for Madza 5, not sure about the maintenance, but for sure the 2l car will be more expensive on the petrol...

Do note the $15k CEVS rebate for the C4GP compared to $0 for Mazda 5. This will impact scrap value too.

Maintenance cost is definitely higher and not to mention on the brand's reliability. My colleague owned one since Feb this year and has gone in to fix some issues a few times. Do note also it's still running on timing belt which will cost $1+k to replace at 60k mileage if I'm not wrong and this is not included in their so-called "free" servicing package.

Turbocharged

Do note the $15k CEVS rebate for the C4GP compared to $0 for Mazda 5. This will impact scrap value too.

Maintenance cost is definitely higher and not to mention on the brand's reliability. My colleague owned one since Feb this year and has gone in to fix some issues a few times. Do note also it's still running on timing belt which will cost $1+k to replace at 60k mileage if I'm not wrong and this is not included in their so-called "free" servicing package.

Thanks Bro for highlighting the timing belt... hmmm.... what era already..... 

True and better FC coz of diesel was 1 of the reasons why I was considering KIA Carens when I was still deciding on which car to buy.

Yap Kia Carens also in the radar.... but Madza 5 also nice drive, just not so many gadgets to play with.... haaa

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bro what make u choose Madza 5 in the end?? Haaa curious as we are "sensitive" to fc and the cost of 2l petrol ride.

Bro what make u choose Madza 5 in the end?? Haaa curious as we are "sensitive" to fc and the cost of 2l petrol ride.

Haha wife made the choice.... also because our usage is quite low so not enough to generate significant savings for diesel usage. Her key reason was the brand is stronger.
  • Praise 1

Just change my battery yesterday.. Takes awhile to start the car, sometimes twice. Car is about 15 months old. Went servicing to mazda 2 months back told me battery is ok ... want to change must pay as more than 1 year. I decide to change to  HOPPECKE EFB START-STOP MAINTENANCE-FREE BATTERY. Uncle Lee(KB Lee) checked the current battery told me its working well and up to me to change. I change it as I dont feel good about it and wife drive during weekdays, Im weekend driver only!! Uncle Lee msg me last night that battery,cell acid looks blackish,  seems like it has broken pieces inside, maybe that's why I have starting problem. So do check your battery. My original battery is wet type. HOPPECKE is maintenance free battery, hopefully it last 2 years at least !!

Just change my battery yesterday.. Takes awhile to start the car, sometimes twice. Car is about 15 months old. Went servicing to mazda 2 months back told me battery is ok ... want to change must pay as more than 1 year. I decide to change to  HOPPECKE EFB START-STOP MAINTENANCE-FREE BATTERY. Uncle Lee(KB Lee) checked the current battery told me its working well and up to me to change. I change it as I dont feel good about it and wife drive during weekdays, Im weekend driver only!! Uncle Lee msg me last night that battery,cell acid looks blackish,  seems like it has broken pieces inside, maybe that's why I have starting problem. So do check your battery. My original battery is wet type. HOPPECKE is maintenance free battery, hopefully it last 2 years at least !!

I originally thought KB Lee only supply Amaron. What's the damage like for M5?

I originally thought KB Lee only supply Amaron. What's the damage like for M5?

I bought Amaron from him too before for my Latio last time... He has other types too.. Depends on what you want.

He told me can use Amaron but must turn off the ISTOP, however he doesn't recommend it as battery lifespan is short. Price definitely cheaper than Mazda and recommended retail price. ...

↡ Advertisement