10L/100km

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Mine is running on V Power Racing.

80% City 20% highway

10L/100km

I am using 95Ron.

3rd tank now.

Travel from Bukit panjang to Tiong Bahru. 

12.59Km/ Litre

That's good result.

Mine 2nd tank too but on 95. Result 13.7/100l

Hmm i read that for skyactiv engines its recommended to use higher octane fuel, better for the engine.

Urs seems rather high, majority city driving and many passengers?

Im typically quite light footed and dont rev excessively at start line unless overtaking. Engine break where possible.

Don't just rely on the readings. Use actual fuel pump vs actual distance.

I am still running in and on my 4th tank. Achieving 12.4km/l, travelling 70% highway. Speed not exceeding 100kmh. Pickup and changing gears rev at 2k rpm and below

My FC are only in the range of 10+km/L. Usually I travelled around 500km+ (sometimes only 480km) the reserve light will be on. Not sure whether is it normal anot but majority of the time I'm on main road only 20% I'll travel on highway. Current mileage is around 3k+ and honestly I'm not really a patient guy but I've ever tried on 1 full tank whereby I'll press on the gas as light as I can and become a road hogger but to difference to my FC.

Any bro here share the same FC as me? Should I highlight to Mazda upon my next 5k service on my FC?

Turbocharged

I am also using 95 on my Mazda 2 SA. Remembered Mr. Biscuit told me it worked better on his Mz 5 so i followed.

Hmm i read that for skyactiv engines its recommended to use higher octane fuel, better for the engine.

Urs seems rather high, majority city driving and many passengers?

Im typically quite light footed and dont rev excessively at start line unless overtaking. Engine break where possible.

Edited by dcb

Lol noticed that some of us here are using different metrics.

Just to clarify mine is using the

avg litre/100km metric.

So 8.1 l/100km translates to about 12 km/l.

I have the same issue too. I thought I was paranoid.

The left suspension feels soft and even going over the Johor metal hump will scrap the bed.

Any one else having such issues? The service centre just rotate tire after 2 complains and after 2 weeks collecting the car last year in Oct.

I have the same issues. Feedback to them poor FC they say it is normal for city driving. I am getting 8km/L and seem to get worse. Just did 30,000 servicing last 2 weeks and fuel consumption remain the same. Gears at times seems stuck at 2 or 3rd gear, but according to them check and no issues!!! yup suspension is soft. Now I regret abit getting this car. Car only 1.5years and problem seem to pop up abit early.

My FC are only in the range of 10+km/L. Usually I travelled around 500km+ (sometimes only 480km) the reserve light will be on. Not sure whether is it normal anot but majority of the time I'm on main road only 20% I'll travel on highway. Current mileage is around 3k+ and honestly I'm not really a patient guy but I've ever tried on 1 full tank whereby I'll press on the gas as light as I can and become a road hogger but to difference to my FC.

Any bro here share the same FC as me? Should I highlight to Mazda upon my next 5k service on my FC?

Hi fabian23, based on your mileage (3k+), I'm guessing your car is pretty new? Congrats on your new ride! I'm also getting about the same FC as you, so nothing to worry about, its normal for city driving, and I've been driving mine for about 15 months now. Just so you know, this car will give you about 17km/L if you try driving up north, I've tried it several times, Penang, Port Dickson, Malacca, and consistently gotten that figure. Mind you, I was travelling with a full load of passengers/baggage and with aircon on, so this is not even close to the lowest figure possible. Btw, I'm using Shell V-Power since day one. What petrol are you using?

Lo and behold..... the Citreon price really move down to nearly Madza 5 range... and I went to test drive, love the ride.....

Now thinking back.... just to share... Madza 5 with 2litre like become not value for $$$$.... hight road tax and high petrol cost???

Citreon due to diesel, will save on FC, and the road tax is about $300++ more than Madza only....

But again, a Jap made and Conti made.... tough choice...

The Citroen Grand Picasso 1.6L diesel was also in my top 3 list, however the deal breaker was the semi-auto transmission, couldn't get over the way the car jerks when it changes up from 1st to 2nd gear...apart from that, there is a very peculiar problem with the placement of the IU due to the depth of the dashboard which prevents you from reaching the IU from a seated position unless you have really long arms. In the end I went with Mazda because of better reliability and overall lower cost of ownership...just my opinion. 

• Praise 1

Like a lot of bros here who recently collected their rides, I too had some misgivings about the I-stop function, the way it cut off the engine for only a few seconds was so irritating. But I'd like to share what I've come to learn (and appreciate) about this often maligned feature. I realised that the reason the engine was only cutting off for a few seconds was because the aircon was set to "Auto" and the preset temperature was set to 22 degrees, which requires more power to keep the car cool. By changing the preset temp to 24 degrees, you should find that the engine cuts off for a longer period of time, without any appreciable difference to the car's inner temp. Of course the cut off period will vary depending on several other factors, but typically it should increase from 2-3 secs to around 8-15 secs. 

You will find that by doing so, the I-stop feature becomes alot more beneficial, and will actually reduce rather than increase your FC. You can also "control" the I-stop by using the brake, stepping lightly on it will stop the car without activating it, while stepping harder will stop the car and activate it.  

I also realized on a recent trip to Japan that this kind of feature is present on almost every single car/bus/taxi there! Just imagine how much we could lower CO2 emissions here if every car in SG had this feature!

Because of these reasons, I barely ever touch the I-stop button.  [:)]

• Praise 1

The Citroen Grand Picasso 1.6L diesel was also in my top 3 list, however the deal breaker was the semi-auto transmission, couldn't get over the way the car jerks when it changes up from 1st to 2nd gear...apart from that, there is a very peculiar problem with the placement of the IU due to the depth of the dashboard which prevents you from reaching the IU from a seated position unless you have really long arms. In the end I went with Mazda because of better reliability and overall lower cost of ownership...just my opinion. 

haa same same Bro

Hi Folks,

Need some guidance. I just collected M5 last week. But noticed that that reverse camera does not offer wide angle view. In my old sedan, I used to be able to see cars at the back of my left and right side, but for M5, the view is only of the back and seems very low. Please see attached. Is this due to inferior camera given or the camera positioning is too low due to the tailboard?

post-180130-0-86041500-1477951066_thumb.jpg

post-180130-0-01522300-1477951083_thumb.jpg

Hi fabian23, based on your mileage (3k+), I'm guessing your car is pretty new? Congrats on your new ride! I'm also getting about the same FC as you, so nothing to worry about, its normal for city driving, and I've been driving mine for about 15 months now. Just so you know, this car will give you about 17km/L if you try driving up north, I've tried it several times, Penang, Port Dickson, Malacca, and consistently gotten that figure. Mind you, I was travelling with a full load of passengers/baggage and with aircon on, so this is not even close to the lowest figure possible. Btw, I'm using Shell V-Power since day one. What petrol are you using?

Hi BenjaminTay_83149, appreciate for sharing glad that I'm not alone for having this kind of FC as most bros here are getting 12km/L range. My old lancer are also in the 12 range too despite the same driving pattern. For petrol wise, I'm on Shell 95 since day 1.

Hi BenjaminTay_83149, appreciate for sharing glad that I'm not alone for having this kind of FC as most bros here are getting 12km/L range. My old lancer are also in the 12 range too despite the same driving pattern. For petrol wise, I'm on Shell 95 since day 1.

City driving, start stop traffic like that one..... even some so call good FC ride that boast 20km/l..... kena our type of traffic, best is 11 to 13km/l.... [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

I got my boot cover, scuff plate and reflector light from JDM Autocare.

https://www.facebook.com/jdm.com.sg/?fref=ts

boot cover Taobao also have.

https://world.taobao.com/item/520911985454.htm?fromSite=main&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Sunshade from TLW.

https://www.facebook.com/tongleewee?fref=ts

Interior Lighting from BBG.

https://www.facebook.com/bigboyzgarage/?fref=ts

3rd row cover from taobao (or via ezbuy)

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=41932276062&toSite=main

Audio from SingTrade

https://www.facebook.com/SingTrade-Marketing-Services-1482040458683011/?fref=ts

Dashboard cover from Qoo10.

http://www.qoo10.sg/su/410374591

Hope these helps. :D

can the rear boot cover be taken out easily for 3rd row seating? is there any boot cover just for boot area (after 3rd row)?

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, new owner getting White car in 2 weeks. Deluxe model - with mats, solar film premium, camera front & back, air purifier, stroller, roofmount and 100k free servicing or 5 years whichever earlier.

Likely going for PPS. now looking at taobao loots. ;P

↡ Advertisement