Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
604 replies to this topic | 2,834 praises

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I tried a few ever since I am back, did not like the eng's wanton noodles, fei fei, one at bedok reservoir, a few at bedok north.

I like the one at lavender food court and the one at east coast hawker. Any good ones to recommend?  

Mercs and Weez911 praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Roxy Square ground floor food court (a very very small food court). There's only one wanton mee stall and the uncle's voice is super loud when he shouts the number.

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks, will go and try. 

Jamesc and Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

any good recommendation for those kind of black KL WTM?

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I tried a few ever since I am back, did not like the eng's wanton noodles, fei fei, one at bedok reservoir, a few at bedok north.

I like the one at lavender food court and the one at east coast hawker. Any good ones to recommend?  

Tiong Bahru food centre there got a few good ones. [grin]

This thread reminds me the wtm cooked by my late grand mother

Edited by Super7, 07 June 2014 - 12:18 AM.

Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My favourite is one from my childhood. They used to operate at the canteen near my parents' workplace in Woodlands, and we were all very friendly and neighbourly and knew each other. I remember one time I insisted on having the wanton mee even though they just closed for the day (I small kid, didn't know better), and they made it specially for me.  [:)]

The old couple who ran the store retired already. The industrial estate where the canteen was is long gone. I will miss them.

Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Jurong Point Malaysia Boleh food court. While you're there, try the KL Hokkien Noodles as well.

Little_prince and Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Wanton mee is like chicken rice, hardly can go wrong but mostly average.

Like those mixed with ketchup when I was very young. The KL black sauce ones are usually nicer. Hong Kong style no char siew.

Missed the Amoy street hawker centre where one aunties selling wanton mee by herself with no helper, it come with both soup wanton and fried one about 6-8 pieces each.

The pontian wanton mee franchise have, not fantastic and also not too bad.

Edited by Jman888, 07 June 2014 - 08:56 AM.

Mercs praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks, I too like the black kind but recently tried one, I think they put soya sauce, it was terribly salty. I heard the lavender hawker center going to close, anyone knows bout this.

personally never liked the pontian wanton noodle, maybe it was the branch.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The pontian wanton mee franchise have, not fantastic and also not too bad.

Some Pontian not nice but the one at Tampines St 11 round market is.

Edited by Toothiewabbit, 07 June 2014 - 09:14 AM.

Mercs and Tianmo praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I know there are many nice wanton noodle in the makan corner.............do a search and many will come out...........wanton noodle in Lite & Ez is going to get the mods jumping................ [laugh]  [laugh] 

Mercs and Toothiewabbit praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Roxy Square ground floor food court (a very very small food court). There's only one wanton mee stall and the uncle's voice is super loud when he shouts the number.

Tried few times , the taste and texture can be improved further, not too bad, room for improvement.

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Spiderman302
  • Spiderman302
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Meiling st. Many years back. Old couple selling in cofee shop. Anyone know its still selling?

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dun know why, i still prefer Ji Ji

maybe is the noodle+sauce combo

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Raymondism
  • Premium member
    Raymondism
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just had it 15min ago...

Soi 19 wanton mee Ang Mo Kio Blk 151

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140607_141654.jpg

Tianmo and Jman888 praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Raymondism
  • Premium member
    Raymondism
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The noodle does not come with black soya sauce or ketchup or chilli... you can add Chilli flakes, Sugar to your liking. The noodle is Aglio Olio style i.e. tossed with fried pork lard. Fried wanton is nice with pork and onions as fillings.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140607_145431.jpg
  • 20140607_141710.jpg

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

thanks, I too like the black kind but recently tried one, I think they put soya sauce, it was terribly salty. I heard the lavender hawker center going to close, anyone knows bout this.

personally never liked the pontian wanton noodle, maybe it was the branch.

I ask the auntie at lavender and she said that they are still searching for new place. The will operate till Sept this year and take a rest before re opening. She told me to see newspaper for notification.

Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks! will go there before they shift. Sometimes people say rest, then do not open liao.I hope they do. 

Last time there was a sesame chix rice at waterloo street, they say they shift and will have notice, don't know where they shifted to.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Just had it 15min ago...

Soi 19 wanton mee Ang Mo Kio Blk 151

Nice!! Is that the Hong Kong style chili oil? :D
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The noodle does not come with black soya sauce or ketchup or chilli... you can add Chilli flakes, Sugar to your liking. The noodle is Aglio Olio style i.e. tossed with fried pork lard. Fried wanton is nice with pork and onions as fillings.

the char sio bah dont look so sart

Mercs praised this

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: singapore food, favorite, wanton and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users