Where is your favorite wanton noodle?

nazerath

the kopi diam opposite Citibank si boh ?

will go try one day as I always go Citibank for corporate banking....

BTW, went to ghim moh æ§ä¸è± wtm.....not nice at all.....bleh...

Yes, that the one.
  • Praise 2

is this the one?

I just had it today's lunch.

Nice. yes, generous portion for $3. the stall ppl are confirmed cantonese. This noodle reminds me of the old Lavendar WTM stall, but i detest the Lavendar stall. Its obvious that they are throat ppl with their overpriced miserable portions.

the only 'complaint' i have about this one is the noodles seems to be abit too soggy. not sure if its supposed to be like this or they are too bz with the many orders.

After finishing the WTM, i go over to other side of food centre and have the grass jelly with atap seeds.... good stuff!!

Yep, this stall folks I hv known them like ard 29 yrs Liao. Love eating their noodle from their original stall at Dovet Rd market.

Now still good

Turbocharged

Tried the wonton mee noodle at Crawford market last night after undergo renovation. After making order was told to come 1 hr later to collect, Came 1hr later ended up waiting 15 more minutes before it was ready. Brought back home & on opening, saw $4 portion resembles old $3 portion before renovation. Other family members felt the same.

Though taste somewhat similar like previously, will be a long time before I try again  

• Praise 3

shhhh!!

you're letting the cat out of the bag!

there's a great char kway teow there too!

lol

Recently chance upon a market probably unknown to many. Blk 4A Jln Batu Mkt & Food Ctr.

This mkt has many WTM. So, my frens went around to try. N concluded the best WTM is the one facing Blk 7.

Besides, WTM they hv tasty duck rice also facing Blk 7. Porridge which only open in the mrng cos it is sold out by noon. I hv tried the Western stall, I can't recall exact name but it starts w alphabet "B", tasty n they dont use msg.

The mixed veg rice stall is also nice n value for $$$. They hv Malay stalls which I tried Mee Soto. But, I still preferred the one at AMK which is very popular for it's generous portion N yummy soup.

Any WTM with authentic fatty char siew ? Not the dry meat with colouring  [thumbsdown]

try jurong east market.

if charsiew is your main concern then you should try Fei fei wanton mee. 

they roast their own char siew. so very good.

but have to go early, cuz they sold out v fast!! sometimes 1130am  i go already finish!!

DSC_0011jk.JPGIMG_3114.JPG

• Praise 2

Tried the wonton mee noodle at Crawford market last night after undergo renovation. After making order was told to come 1 hr later to collect, Came 1hr later ended up waiting 15 more minutes before it was ready. Brought back home & on opening, saw $4 portion resembles old $3 portion before renovation. Other family members felt the same.

Though taste somewhat similar like previously, will be a long time before I try again

SOP. Seems like our hawkers all got the same process in place. After every reno, same template pattern come out.

Been to so many different estates to eat wtm, the best by far has to be tg rhu wtm. Is a coffee shop along old airport road. Been mentioned by many bros here already. Old airport road market "supposed" to have a few famous 1. But none comes close to this store. At 1 of those stores, with fanciful led lightings, and queue number sys, the soup was prepared by using soup stock and hot water only. Machiam instant noodle style. True enough, it taste like plain water. I will never patronize them again. Wonder how they got so many accolades and endorsement from celebrities.

• Praise 1

Been to so many different estates to eat wtm, the best by far has to be tg rhu wtm. Is a coffee shop along old airport road. Been mentioned by many bros here already. Old airport road market "supposed" to have a few famous 1. But none comes close to this store. At 1 of those stores, with fanciful led lightings, and queue number sys, the soup was prepared by using soup stock and hot water only. Machiam instant noodle style. True enough, it taste like plain water. I will never patronize them again. Wonder how they got so many accolades and endorsement from celebrities.

Marketing sells, not products.
  • Praise 2

I think the empress place food centre wanton mee is pretty good and consistent. Always have queue one at a corner nearest to atm.

yes, I have been there twice.

but I do not like their queue system ... regulars order and walk away and come back and collect later, or sometimes they are doing bulk orders like 20 - 30 portions takeaway.

so they physical queue does not represent actual orders on hand.

have stopped going that stall.  [wave]

@Adrianli  which wanton mee stall at crawford lane need to wait for 30min?      

a man waited to tabao his wanton mee for 30min and got angry, threw a beer bottle at the stall  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

edit: it was a beer mug.

吃云吞面等30分钟
男子砸档口打人
01/11/2016 on 新明日报
By 余思远

SM_01_11_2016_CJ_4_33358988_33356019_thl
“豆花嫂”在“云吞嫂”和医护人员的搀扶下送院治疗。(陈佩敏摄)

苦等一碗云吞面30分钟,男子竟暴怒拿酒杯砸档口,“豆花嫂”挺身而出,助“云吞嫂”阻止对方逃走,岂料被殴两拳送院。

这起事故昨晚约10时30分发生,地点是位于861号桥北路的桥北路巴刹与熟食中心。

据了解,被砸的是“可口云吞面食”摊位,摊主叶女士(65岁)表示,她昨晚一如往常开档,一名50多岁的男子来打包,岂料等了约30分钟后竟不耐烦,气匆匆地走向档口。

男子大喊:“我的云吞面要给我吗?不然我就给你好看!”,当“云吞嫂”回应说还有两位顾客时,男子怒火中烧,拿了酒杯往档口的玻璃橱柜砸去,导致玻璃碎片洒落一地。

完整报道,请翻阅01.11.2016《新明日报》。

• Praise 3

@Adrianli  which wanton mee stall at crawford lane need to wait for 30min?      

a man waited to tabao his wanton mee for 30min and got angry, threw a beer bottle at the stall  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

The one at the end near the ICA bridge. Operated by old man and old auntie. Very nice traditional wanton mee. But they old liao so a bit slow at serving customers always long queue.

• Praise 1

The one at the end near the ICA bridge. Operated by old man and old auntie. Very nice traditional wanton mee. But they old liao so a bit slow at serving customers always long queue.

oh i remember that one next to the drink stall, near the famous fried cai tao kway stall.

That hawker centre, lunch time lots of old uncles drinking one. Esp at the smoking area.

I think if he want to eat the prawn mee, the queue is even longer. The prawn mee there is good. All my colleagues whom I brought there to eat give two thumbs up. But must willing to queue and if come late, will sold out.

oh i remember that one next to the drink stall, near the famous fried cai tao kway stall.

Yes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1