Hankook membership

Wpower

Furious at the customer service. Simply doing the tai chi style instead of offering solutions.

Problem is with the so call membership that they claim to follow car plate. So you are not allow to change car or a new plate for the 2 years worth of member services? ! This is darn craps when they have a members portal where you can update your details. ..

utterly disappointed with this service provider! !! Not to say I have been with them for the 3 sets of tires

↡ Advertisement

You can easily find a cheaper price out there without membership. Same brand same tyre. I realised after my membership expired. Shit!

(edited)

If the merchant is sincere in honouring their T&Cs, with or without membership, it makes no difference.

You can still claim warranty or free services like tyre rotation, etc with or without membership as long as you can prove your purchase.

Most tyre shops would have logged in your car plate number as registration of purhase in their computer system as this is the easiest and painless method compared to having you to produce hardcopy of the invoice/receipt. It will be a humongous logistics exercise if other method is to be used. Do you expect tyre shops to engrave special numbers on each and every tyres just to keep track of sales?

I suggest just move on and go to another shop with better service. No point sweating over this small matter.

Furious at the customer service. Simply doing the tai chi style instead of offering solutions.

Problem is with the so call membership that they claim to follow car plate. So you are not allow to change car or a new plate for the 2 years worth of member services? ! This is darn craps when they have a members portal where you can update your details. ..

utterly disappointed with this service provider! !! Not to say I have been with them for the 3 sets of tires

Edited by Kangadrool

Supersonic
(edited)

When you pay for membership to get discount, you are already paying upfront for the tyres.

And membership is limited to the time such that when you have to change tyres the 2nd time. you have to pay yet another membership.

All calculated carefully such that you are not really gaining anything, but maybe paying more through the membership.

Edited by Kb27

Turbocharged

I used 3 sets of their tyres before they started this membership BS and recommended friends.

Never went back to them once the memebership scheme started. Also recommended friends to look for alternatives.

I used 3 sets of their tyres before they started this membership BS and recommended friends.

Never went back to them once the memebership scheme started. Also recommended friends to look for alternatives.

Their service used to be good 5-6 years ago when the brand is still new, now after a few praises they become big head. Rather hunt for new bargain every time you need new tyre.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Most people change tires only once every few years. Within that time, many things can change so I guess its better to just look for the best deal whenever its time to change tires rather than just stick to one shop.

Twincharged

Wow I change my tyres every year woh. Can last a few years?

Yeah. My family's cars all quite low mileage. Among the three the highest is 10k/year only.

Turbocharged

Their service used to be good 5-6 years ago when the brand is still new, now after a few praises they become big head. Rather hunt for new bargain every time you need new tyre.

Precisely.

If they tag the memebership to the owner rather than car, easier to retain loyalty.

Otherwise, if you're low mileage or if you change ride, sibei lugi.

Turbocharged

Just change to my 3rd set of ku31 and tried only once v12, it's not as good as ku31 imo... So, go get other brand of you don't like this stupid membership thing...

And I know I won't buy from them again because of one incident where I went there for a patch for my v12, due to 2 tiny holes quite close to each other, I wanted to patch from internal and hankook said nope when no other customer attar time, the staff were chit chatting.. . I just drive to another tyre shop less than 50m away and one uncle help me patch from internal.. Enough said about their service... Hehehe..

You can easily find a cheaper price out there without membership. Same brand same tyre. I realised after my membership expired. Shit!

Bro,

Can share which shops outthere sells cheaper Hanhook tires?

Bro,

Hi there,

You may like to visit my link and do a check if there arwe any available tyres for your car. The prices are indicated there and you can do a mkt research around online :)

Anyway, hope you would a better experience for your upcoming change of tyres.

cheers,

BL_TQ

Hypersonic
(edited)

Bro,

I don't think Hankook is available at others shop.

Just change to others shop. You still can get good and cheap Korea brand tyre like Kumho and Nexen if you are average driver.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement