Two lose HDB flats for renting them to tourists

Jman888

Really got such a complaint meh? How long does it take and how disruptive can moving a few pieces of luggage be?

i think not about noise but rather safety, you will never know.

Also seeing unfamiliar faces every other day in and out of the lift may worry some residents. I dun mind if they do it in private apartment within CBD downtown area, but not residential estate in suburb. 

Really got such a complaint meh? How long does it take and how disruptive can moving a few pieces of luggage be?

Of course one tourist a year not an issue.

We talking about one group with luggage and shopping coming/going every few days.

Supercharged

actually, if you are active in renting out rooms or units, you will see a lot of people are renting their rooms or units for short team accommodation.

for holidays, short stay etc

this is getting out of hands and very common.

not being xenophobic, the locals understand this ruling very well and adhere to it.

You will be surprised....a family with quite few pieces of luggage (whilst arrving trying to look for the unit number )/ Singaporeans living in an already crammed apartments nowadays ; trying to cram in all the luggage into lift at one go/or a few times and the door keeps closing/opening (banging) in the wee early or morning hours as it wants to close as other people may want to use the lift & door opening with luggage and other users use disrupted.... just one of the issues; Noise could be another factor too as people from countries with large houses may talk loudly and chairs moving here and there suddenly at late night ; Too many shoes left outside the house could be another issue.....some with little kids will be afraid too, to let the kids play around the common areas or passage way with strangers coming in/out.... anything untoward happens.... blame the govt after that, simple

I have done AirBnB in HK and took an apt for 1 week for an exhibition and family outing; the owner of the apt told me to tell me to the security guard that we are friends of so n so and not say we are tourists ; and blended in as a local and the owner told me to take the taxi to the car park lift lobby so that it does not look too obvious to the residents (via main entrance)  if i were to enter with luggage and yes I had to move the dining table/chairs out of the way as the apt was so crammed and the rooms are shocking small; so it might have made noise by some dragging (unintentional )       

it may not be so bad in landed properties though, maybe. I have stayed in them in Europe/ US /Norway ...  but then once I got fined because i parked on public road on a certain timing of the week which the road cleaning machine comes and they have the power to issue fines/summons  .... appealed to the Authority... no use one.... kenna Euro100/- , had to pay that to the car rental company if not more worse kenna extra processing fees as they have Credit Card details ;        

• Praise 1

I have done AirBnB in HK and took an apt for 1 week for an exhibition and family outing; the owner of the apt told me to tell me to the security guard that we are friends of so n so and not say we are tourists ; and blended in as a local and the owner told me to take the taxi to the car park lift lobby so that it does not look too obvious to the residents (via main entrance)  if i were to enter with luggage and yes I had to move the dining table/chairs out of the way as the apt was so crammed and the rooms are shocking small; so it might have made noise by some dragging (unintentional )       

when i was going through the list of airbnb in HK, most of the requirement is keep noise level as low as possible and do not stay in the lobby or outside the unit for too long. I guess airbnb is still not legal in many asian country.

i one i booked keep telling us no partying in the unit   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

when i was going through the list of airbnb in HK, most of the requirement is keep noise level as low as possible and do not stay in the lobby or outside the unit for too long. I guess airbnb is still not legal in many asian country.

Yes they did mention that in the so called "Contract" too ; What suprised me that the owner of the so called condo was a girl (whom I would say no more than 30 years old) and got such a 1000 sq ft high rise apt in the Tsim Sha Tsui ( it had 3 bedrooms) and was cramped like anything; Only good thing of apt vs hotel was that it had a kitchen 

Yes they did mention that in the so called "Contract" too ; What suprised me that the owner of the so called condo was a girl (whom I would say no more than 30 years old) and got such a 1000 sq ft high rise apt in the Tsim Sha Tsui ( it had 3 bedrooms) and was cramped like anything; Only good thing of apt vs hotel was that it had a kitchen 

i believe many of these apartment are for investment purpose, not really sharing a 'home'.

the one i booked for my kid was actually shared with an expat working in HK, he will rent out the whole unit when the group is more than 2. If only a couple he will rent out one room and he will also stay in. 

i believe many of these apartment are for investment purpose, not really sharing a 'home'.

the one i booked for my kid was actually shared with an expat working in HK, he will rent out the whole unit when the group is more than 2. If only a couple he will rent out one room and he will also stay in. 

So where will he stay?!

So where will he stay?!

i believe these expat who stay in that community do the same for each other when they rent out their apartment, helping each other   [laugh]  [laugh]

Post here since this thread about HdB

Post here since this thread about HdB

Your trademark - your watch and article again.  [laugh] [laugh]

I quite like to stay in airbnb.  So far I have stayed in Seoul and JB.  cheaper and bigger than hotel

• Praise 3

another bugger going to lose his hdb flat

but seriously ... rented illegally for 4 years ... neighbours never complain ?

all neighbours jiak sai one?

post-7984-0-29076000-1553237617_thumb.jpg

post-7984-0-22081400-1553237623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Maybe flat owner in jail...not the Changi one, overseas jail. LoL...

Maybe owner is in a vegetable state but the children rent out the flat and dont bother.

Many possibilities.

Edited by Watwheels

another bugger going to lose his hdb flat

but seriously ... rented illegally for 4 years ... neighbours never complain ?

all neighbours jiak sai one?

After going on for 4 years then get caught? Power siah!
  • Praise 1

Most of these over crowding is due to workers holding work permit. I wonder why citizen has to ensure they update their address in the NRIC whilst MOM who issue work permits do not require address to be registered?

By simply sorting address you know how many people are staying in a single address. Also carrying spot checks will enable them to determine is address given is fake.

and i don't think he declare income tax too [sly] 

iras must go get this guy lim kopi and show me the money ... [mad]

After going on for 4 years then get caught? Power siah!

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement