Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

Can try placing it over the top screen. Just that you won't be able to see the useless clock... haha

I don't want to stick anything to the screen to hold my phone.......there isn't a flat surface/edge anywhere and it definately won't just balance on the tiny little shelf. Additionally I need that screen for hands-free because my phonebook comes up there. Unfurtunately it's not just a useless clock, it's also my contact list.

Ramansg; even I use a Windows Phone there is no real sync option, software wise, to it. The Q50, as far as I believe, can read out emails etc. already and can dictate a reply on Android phones (Y or N?) but with a WP we only get SMS (which anyway has come in very handy with voice activated/dictated replies even understanding my accent). I don't have any major problem with Q50 software. Let's face it, at the moment set the car up initially and there is very little to touch thereafter. Set-up a second driver a different way and the settings are stored with the second seat or key and if you want a Guest after that with an existing, no problem.

↡ Advertisement

I don't want to stick anything to the screen to hold my phone.......there isn't a flat surface/edge anywhere and it definately won't just balance on the tiny little shelf. Additionally I need that screen for hands-free because my phonebook comes up there. Unfurtunately it's not just a useless clock, it's also my contact list.

Don't have to stick anything.  

Don't use Maps very often. But when I do, I set up everything on my phone, and stick the phone in the screen-well before I set off. Easy peasy. 

The phone doesn't really move around even if you corner or accelerate hard, cos the shelf is quite deep, and tilted back at least 15 degrees. 

Don't have to stick anything.  

Don't use Maps very often. But when I do, I set up everything on my phone, and stick the phone in the screen-well before I set off. Easy peasy. 

The phone doesn't really move around even if you corner or accelerate hard, cos the shelf is quite deep, and tilted back at least 15 degrees. 

With rounded edges, my phone has no way to stay up. I get a new phone on Monday with flat edges/sides so it may be better from next week but so far the first thing I did was check whether my current phone could stay up there but no chance.

The little shelf is a bit too small, and slopes down a bit as well.

With the MCF sticky pad thing, i could cut a strip off that if i need to and see if it will hold the new phone in place.

I did use the GPS of the car today though, and it worked out alright though I wish it was displayed in the aupper screen to make it easier to see.

Just got word there is a new software update to fix our screen issues.........

Based on an earlier update somebody posted a picture of on here a few months back, I mentioned to Wearnes about the lack of phone information available such has BT connection, battery and signal etc. Don't know if this has been resolved but I'm going to head into Wearnes in a couple of days and check, if all the info is still there.......1hr to update the firmware and cross-check.

I updated the screen software this afternoon only after SM told me that phone information would be displayed on the lower screen now, not the upper one.

Whilst true........it's only partly true.

On the lower screen we get BT Logo and Paired Device #, Signal Strength & Battery as we did already on the upper screen but ONLY when activating the "Phone" menu from the touchscreen.

Now, on the Upper Screen we only get Signal Strength displayed the whole time. Again, though, once you activate the phone options in the upper screen such as Phone Book all the usual information becomes displayed. Whilst not perfect, we can at least see the phone is connected to the car as it shows the phone's signal strength permanently when paired. The only way to see remaining battery (which is the only real other useful piece of information) is to activate the Phone option in either the upper or lower screen.

Going for $149K ... but wait la. think will be adjusted downwards,,,

I also heard that they are targeting to bring in the new Q30 Diesel at below $130k. 

For those who interested this car and like to know what is the SE might offer:

2 weeks ago I visited the show room and was told the list price $158k++ for the basic model. Then started to negotiate the price, zipped here and there, only managed to bring down $3-4K and can't get good trade in value for my current ride. I gave up finally as other model giving better feature and offer. 

For those who interested this car and like to know what is the SE might offer:

2 weeks ago I visited the show room and was told the list price $158k++ for the basic model. Then started to negotiate the price, zipped here and there, only managed to bring down $3-4K and can't get good trade in value for my current ride. I gave up finally as other model giving better feature and offer.

Which other model?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Which other model?

maybe the premium?  [:p]  [smash]  [smash]  [smash]

joking. also interested to know which other models u'r looking at.  [;)]

I called them IT is for Mgt fleets at 149++ (though I believe is negotiatble)

no lah. that was b4 this motorshow.