Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

(edited)

drive by wire not equal to electric assist? [confused]

Don't think so.

Electrical assist means there is still a manual connection between wheel and steering, just that electric motor is assisting.

DBW means total disconnect. Your steering input is converted into digital signal and this signal is fed into motors to do the turning according to what the computer interprets.

Just like normal hydraulic power steering. You can also have drive by wire with hydraulics, theoretically.

Imagine Iron Man armor. You can have iron man flex his arm, and the motor amplifies his arm muscle movement.

Or you can send digital signal to the suit, and the arm moves by its own.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 2

Guys, I am eyeing this car. How is the drive by wire steering so far on our roads?

The wearnes models use the drive by wire and not the electric assist right? Understand the DBW is an option.

I am on sport trim with dbw. I suggest u go test drive to feel the difference between standard rack n pinion and dbw. Not everyone can take dbw feel. Dbw is not an add on option with the Base and premium variant. It only comes with sport variant, tpgether with other features such as sunroof, 19 inch rims, 14 bose speaker system, sport bumper etc. With dbw, it also comes with active lane control, a form of lane keepimg assist system.If u want, I can intro my SE to u. Pm me if keen. Thanks.

Booked the car last weekend. Only can afford the base modelð. Need to ask about the tire pressure monitoring system: did anyone changed to normal tires instead of using the run flat tires? Need to ask technician to disable the system? Also, is the TPMS direct or indirect? The sensor is fixed inside the tire or outside on and around the area of the wheel, like the abs sensor?

What colour u buy? Do check with ur se on the fb grp for q50 owners. U should get ur answers there.

What colour u buy? Do check with ur se on the fb grp for q50 owners. U should get ur answers there.

Deciding between the Liquid Platinum or Graphite Shadow. Family members decided by votes for something different this round, Graphite Shadow. But stocks will only be available on end April/early May. Got a good deal from M. Tan.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Deciding between the Liquid Platinum or Graphite Shadow. Family members decided by votes for something different this round, Graphite Shadow. But stocks will only be available on end April/early May. Got a good deal from M. Tan.

Edited by AlbertHo_103060

Bro so what is yr offer? 149K with add overtrade?

$139,800 with trade in of soon to scrap Japanese car. The rest of the stuff like servicing, window film, dashcam, loan quantum etc just have to bargain with the brand consultant.

$139,800 with trade in of soon to scrap Japanese car. The rest of the stuff like servicing, window film, dashcam, loan quantum etc just have to bargain with the brand consultant.

Thks! Gd deal, how much they take your existing car?

(edited)

Thks! Gd deal, how much they take your existing car?

PARF plus body price. My car due to scrap on 3rd week of April anyway. They will use this amount (PARF+Body) to offset the $139,800 to give net price.

Edited by Vertiga

PARF plus body price. My car due to scrap on 3rd week of April anyway. They will use this amount (PARF+Body) to offset the $139,800 to give net price.

$140k sounds like a good price for a car like Q50 by our SG standards. This is getting more tempting.

Whats their servicing and warranty package like?

• Praise 1

$140k sounds like a good price for a car like Q50 by our SG standards. This is getting more tempting.

Whats their servicing and warranty package like?

Warranty is 3 yrs/60,000km.

IMHO, the car is features packed for this price. Although a sweet sounding V6 engine will be best but cannot ask for much as they use the Mercerdes engine (E250 made in USA) with the 7G tronic gear box giving 208 bhp. Body finishing is very good and the paint is very special (according to a friend who is dealing in import of german car paint)

Neutral Newbie

I thought the warranty is 3 years/100,000km whichever come first?

Have been driving the car for the past 2 months...

1. The car is much more quieter than my previous Bmw 320i.

2. Passenger seats are much more comfortable.

3. Clocking an average fuel consumption of 12km/l

4. 2 touch screen without navigation

IMHO, the car is features packed for this price. Although a sweet sounding V6 engine will be best but cannot ask for much as they use the Mercerdes engine (E250 made in USA) with the 7G tronic gear box giving 208 bhp. Body finishing is very good and the paint is very special (according to a friend who is dealing in import of german car paint)

• Praise 1

My signed deal was 3yrs/60,000km, which ever comes first. My previous rides average 20,000km per year. Just about right. If it's 3yrs/100,000km, the 3 yrs still comes first.

I thought the warranty is 3 years/100,000km whichever come first?

Have been driving the car for the past 2 months...

1. The car is much more quieter than my previous Bmw 320i.

2. Passenger seats are much more comfortable.

3. Clocking an average fuel consumption of 12km/l

4. 2 touch screen without navigation

Fellow BMW 320i to q50 switcher!

Very envious of your FC... after 6 mths, mine averages around 9.5km/l only. Are you on expressway a lot?

Neutral Newbie

Maybe 60 to 70% on the expressway.

If the weight of the car can reduce by 200kg I guess the FC can be much better

Fellow BMW 320i to q50 switcher!

Very envious of your FC... after 6 mths, mine averages around 9.5km/l only. Are you on expressway a lot?

If the weight of the car can reduce by 200kg I guess the FC can be much better

But then it wouldn't be so steady anymore, literally..

I saw the car yesterday. Under the hood is indeed mercs engine. But strangely according to SE, servicing is still following standard jap servicing, every 10K. Features are generally conti like, even for signal (left side).

↡ Advertisement