Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has latest discounted price for Q50, since current promo is $149k with 10k service credits? $139k if dont want credits?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Anyone has latest discounted price for Q50, since current promo is $149k with 10k service credits? $139k if dont want credits?

of cos not if I am them.... 1. credit is FOC for u, not equavilent discount. it is like nutc u buy thing come with free gift, if you dont want free gift, you still pay the same amount. 2. service credit in inflated amount. when 10k doesnt mean 10k, this 10k includes the profit that they will make when you use them. when u service with them the amount is 300$ example. the real cost maybe only 100$. they are not going to throw away their profit to you. 3. giving you service credit means attracting you back to their work shop to service and chop carrot and tying u down. these are i feel about service credit.

• Praise 2

I think I was $500 for the 6-month service, which then amounts to $1000 per year so this is where they will work out their $10k worth of service credit, assuming then you keep the car for 10yrs and service every 6-months.

Supercharged

I think I was $500 for the 6-month service, which then amounts to $1000 per year so this is where they will work out their $10k worth of service credit, assuming then you keep the car for 10yrs and service every 6-months.

Got to be careful with the service credit. I got 5k service credit with Merc and i am suppose to finish them up within 3 years. so i think different dealers got different terms. so better check.and i dont think it is transferable. if i am them i would have set a time limit of 5yrs and non transferable. this is because ppl change car avg 5 years. why should dealers benefit the 2nd owners?

Neutral Newbie

i read that

1. the cabin insulation is lacking - i.e. road noise

2. drive by wire - steering needs getting used to

3. any issues with gear box or car reliability?

anyone got any feedback on the above please

thanks

Neutral Newbie

Ok, test drove the car today...car definitely feels heavy! If it wasn't for the turbocharged engine, it would have been tough to move the 1.7 tons weight!

SE is able to convert the service credits to direct discounts...so price around 140k for the base model.

The rear transmission tunnel is quite intrusive...but better than is250.

i read that

1. the cabin insulation is lacking - i.e. road noise

2. drive by wire - steering needs getting used to

3. any issues with gear box or car reliability?

anyone got any feedback on the above please

thanks

I suggest u go for a test drive first on both Base or premium (W/o das) and sport (W/das) and see if u can get used to the DAS. Gb is merc 7gtronic plus n emgine is merc 250' m274 engine and other parts Japanese so reliability should be comparable to lexus. As a q50 sport owner, I haven't heard of much reliability issues from other owners from our close knit fb community. Previously intouch has the missing clock hand issue, but since rectified with the software upgrade.

BTW, cabin is quiet even at high speed, and it has the active noise cancellation stuff. At least I feel. The noise generally comes from the rft tires. My sport comes with 19 inch. Similarly test drive the q50 with 17, 18 n 19 to compare where is ur acceptable noise threshold.

There are a lot of choices in this segment. I suggest u test drive the rest of its competitors too if u havent done so. Audi a4, jaguar xe, bmw 3, c class. Lexus is/es, Volvo s60 before making a decision. Most are priced low now. Dun buy q50 then regret.

U can pm me if you wanna find out anymore details on q50 or require a recommended se. Cheers.

Ok, test drove the car today...car definitely feels heavy! If it wasn't for the turbocharged engine, it would have been tough to move the 1.7 tons weight!

SE is able to convert the service credits to direct discounts...so price around 140k for the base model.

The rear transmission tunnel is quite intrusive...but better than is250.

Yes, it is heavy but at least translating to stability on the road I feel. It is more of a gt car suitable for long distance cruising. The torque is 350 nm from 1250 to 3500 rpm so pulling power not so bad lah compared to its competitors. I just wanna clarify in case the readers feel the car is sluggish which otherwise is totally untrue.

Why not u test drive the Audi a4 (lighter, Fwd, newer on mkt), jag xe (beside only), Volvo s60 (Fwd), bmw 3 and c class. Similar to my advice above, dun rush to buy q50 based on price alone...since its other competitors are also priced competitively now...buy only if u are into infiniti and can appreciate what an underrated gem it avtually is..imho...

I am enjoying my q50 now especially when it is still relatively rare on the road.

I suggest u go for a test drive first on both Base or premium (W/o das) and sport (W/das) and see if u can get used to the DAS. Gb is merc 7gtronic plus n emgine is merc 250' m274 engine and other parts Japanese so reliability should be comparable to lexus. As a q50 sport owner, I haven't heard of much reliability issues from other owners from our close knit fb community. Previously intouch has the missing clock hand issue, but since rectified with the software upgrade.

BTW, cabin is quiet even at high speed, and it has the active noise cancellation stuff. At least I feel. The noise generally comes from the rft tires. My sport comes with 19 inch. Similarly test drive the q50 with 17, 18 n 19 to compare where is ur acceptable noise threshold.

There are a lot of choices in this segment. I suggest u test drive the rest of its competitors too if u havent done so. Audi a4, jaguar xe, bmw 3, c class. Lexus is/es, Volvo s60 before making a decision. Most are priced low now. Dun buy q50 then regret.

U can pm me if you wanna find out anymore details on q50 or require a recommended se. Cheers.

Bro,

How about the aircon? Conti car aircon is not cool as jap ones. FC?

Bro,

Bro ac is jap so no issue cooling at all. My FC is 8.8km/l on sport mode. But my mileage is low each day. Only 20km to n fro between amber n tanjong pagar thru mce n ecp. So not really accurate gauge. FC not q50 forte due to its weight. Its competitors with lighter weight n some low displacement engine will have better FC..if FC is a concern, u can try audi a4 1.4.

Bro,

Bro ac is jap so no issue cooling at all. My FC is 8.8km/l on sport mode. But my mileage is low each day. Only 20km to n fro between amber n tanjong pagar thru mce n ecp. So not really accurate gauge. FC not q50 forte due to its weight. Its competitors with lighter weight n some low displacement engine will have better FC..if FC is a concern, u can try audi a4 1.4.

Bro,

Thks for yr reply. What fuel octane can it tk? VW family will never be my choice, anyway audi is not worth as it is FWD & lower cc.  

I get around 10.5km/l on sports mode. 50 % highway.

Bro,

Thks for yr reply. What fuel octane can it tk? VW family will never be my choice, anyway audi is not worth as it is FWD & lower cc.

Bro min 95. I am on 95 now. Adequate for our roads.

Hi, I'm interested with Q50 Premium after test drive.

Can anyone share if the brake pad used on this car is similar like conti which has alot of brake dust ?

Or is it like typical Jap. Camry or Teana ?

Hi, I'm interested with Q50 Premium after test drive.

Can anyone share if the brake pad used on this car is similar like conti which has alot of brake dust ?

Or is it like typical Jap. Camry or Teana ?

Bro, its on akebono brake pad. Brake dust ok for me n think no complaints from other q50 owners so far with regard to brake. Able to bite better compared to the previous 3 series according to ex 3 series owner.

U should go test drive other competitors too. Not forgetting alfa romeo giula 2.0T may be coming soon.

Thanks for the reply.

My current ride is using TRW (original) and cleaning of dust from inside the rim is quite a challenge.

Hope next car rim will looks better with less dust and easier cleaning.

Thanks for the reply.

My current ride is using TRW (original) and cleaning of dust from inside the rim is quite a challenge.

Hope next car rim will looks better with less dust and easier cleaning.

Passed 1 year old last week, brake dust has never been a problem despite not washing car weekly and with heavy foot. On sports model.

↡ Advertisement