VW jin-buay-song owner

Eyke

Supercharged
"I WAS not surprised to read about Volkswagen receiving complaints about defective parts

("Volkswagen tops list of complaints about new cars"; May 31).

With more Volkswagen cars on the road, I cannot comprehend how defects could have slipped

through the cracks, with German technology renowned for its precision and attention to detail.

I drive a Volkswagen Polo and had to haul it back to the workshop twice in the first two months

after I bought it.

The first incident - loud rumbling noises - occurred just two days after I collected my car.

I was informed after a thorough inspection that its front suspension was loose.

Two months later, I experienced a sudden braking force while driving on the expressway.

I had to steer the car away from the divider to avoid an accident, damaging the rims and wheels

when they hit a short kerb.

When I filed the incident report with Volkswagen, the manager who handled my case told me

repeatedly to "touch my heart to reflect" if the problem was with the driver, not the car.

I felt ridiculed by this unprofessional company representative.

In both cases, Volkswagen reported no technical fault with the car and I had to cover more than

$16,000 in repairs. Having bought the car in July 2012, I was not protected under the "lemon law".

Volkswagen is no longer what it used to be decades ago, when it was a fledgling continental brand

keen to establish an Asian foothold.

It is unfortunate that Volkswagen has lost the confidence and brand loyalty of customers like me.

How Volkswagen employees communicate with customers also suggests the firm is neglecting the

importance of maintaining first-class service standards, which could have differentiated it from other brands.

Advertising and marketing campaigns to rejuvenate the Volkswagen brand in Singapore are merely

surface improvements.

Volkswagen must recognise that great service will leave an impression deeper than any fancy billboard

and creative advertisement.

Eugene Wong Jin Wei" - ST Forum, PUBLISHED ON JUN 9, 2014 12:05 AM

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

This guy is the one last time in Stomp right? Everybody kpkb at him say he lousy driver cannot control his car and long the kerb.

• Praise 1

(edited)

16K....Ouch.

I find his story doubtful. VW is known for having gearbox issue, not brakes issue.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

This guy is the one last time in Stomp right? Everybody kpkb at him say he lousy driver cannot control his car and long the kerb.

oh izzit?

the fella must be feeling jin sad that everyone kpkb him when is car fault, not his fault...can only LLST and bang balls [:p]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Lol, thinking it is driver or car problem? Complaints on VW cars something not new anymore, and there are so many VW cars on the road, seems like not all VW owners have problem with their car le?!

Supercharged

I find his story doubtful. VW is known for having gearbox issue, not brakes issue.

if gearbox seize could result in severe engine-braking, no?

Supersonic

16K....Ouch.

Gearbox problem apply to 7DSG car model, so polo is using what gearbox ar? Maybe VW cars develop another new problem which is brakes issue? Lol.

• Praise 1

if gearbox seize could result in severe engine-braking, no?

Actually I dunno coz I dun have a VW. Heng ah. LoL...

Hypersonic
(edited)

If a malfuction on the car led to the accident

he should have taken his car to an independent assessor to verify this.

No point taking it back to the people that sold him the car.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

i oso touch my heart and wonder how come vw still selling like hotcakes despite the widely reported DSG problems? [confused]

Supercharged

i oso touch my heart and wonder how come vw still selling like hotcakes despite the widely reported DSG problems? [confused]

soon the hot cake will become hot potatoes where people will proverbially, drop it.

touching myself all over the place now!!!!!!!! [grin]

sounds like you are self-pleasuring........ haha

• Praise 1

Supersonic

People could be buying the badge of the car rather than the spec of the car? I know a few people who was driving 1.6L jap cars all along, but changed to VW cars and all of them feel like they have 'upgraded' their status. [scholar]

People could be buying the badge of the car rather than the spec of the car? I know a few people who was driving 1.6L jap cars all along, but changed to VW cars and all of them feel like they have 'upgraded' their status. [scholar]

Volkswagen in German means "People's car".. its a term coined by Hitler and his dear party to give the German pple a cheap form of mass transportation... in fact Volkswagen means cheap and affordable...nothing prestigious abt it....

• Praise 1

Because there are new suckers born every other day mah............

Gearbox problem apply to 7DSG car model, so polo is using what gearbox ar? Maybe VW cars develop another new problem which is brakes issue? Lol.

The Polo models are using the 7 speed DSG "dry" gearbox (DQ 200). Yes, that is the infamous one. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Aiyo simi upgrade status ; VW is b&b car in Europe what . Only here people feel they have upgraded cos now driving conti .

But seriously , in my opinion , for a similiarly priced car with similiar OMVs ( eg Jetta vs Altis) , VWs has a more impressive spec, better handling, and fuel economy than its Jap counterparts. Jap wins hands down on reliability .

If not for the reliability issue affecting VW , I think our roads will be overwhelmed with them. But then again, if its reliable , it probably would not have been priced at todays market price.

So end of the day its still about choices and supply / demand la.

↡ Advertisement