VW jin-buay-song owner

Eyke

Though it maybe a 1 sided story but the issues associated with 7 DSG and the numerous complaints about VW's service or lack of have unfortunately given credence to the story. VW must first ditch the 7DSG and commence a PR campaign to win back lost grounds, if it is really keen to establish a foothold in this part of Asia. For potential car buyers, better open their eyes and ears big before committing to buy a VW. Sometimes I wonder why at this age of digital communications people still buy a product blindly.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Volkswagen in German means "People's car".. its a term coined by Hitler and his dear party to give the German pple a cheap form of mass transportation... in fact Volkswagen means cheap and affordable...nothing prestigious abt it....

VW could be prestigious here esp if you compared with jap make? Lol.

Hypersonic

"I WAS not surprised to read about Volkswagen receiving complaints about defective parts
("Volkswagen tops list of complaints about new cars"; May 31).
With more Volkswagen cars on the road, I cannot comprehend how defects could have slipped
through the cracks, with German technology renowned for its precision and attention to detail.
I drive a Volkswagen Polo and had to haul it back to the workshop twice in the first two months
after I bought it.
The first incident - loud rumbling noises - occurred just two days after I collected my car.
I was informed after a thorough inspection that its front suspension was loose.
Two months later, I experienced a sudden braking force while driving on the expressway.
I had to steer the car away from the divider to avoid an accident, damaging the rims and wheels
when they hit a short kerb.
When I filed the incident report with Volkswagen, the manager who handled my case told me
repeatedly to "touch my heart to reflect" if the problem was with the driver, not the car.
I felt ridiculed by this unprofessional company representative.
In both cases, Volkswagen reported no technical fault with the car and I had to cover more than
$16,000 in repairs. Having bought the car in July 2012, I was not protected under the "lemon law".
Volkswagen is no longer what it used to be decades ago, when it was a fledgling continental brand
keen to establish an Asian foothold.
It is unfortunate that Volkswagen has lost the confidence and brand loyalty of customers like me.
How Volkswagen employees communicate with customers also suggests the firm is neglecting the
importance of maintaining first-class service standards, which could have differentiated it from other brands.
Advertising and marketing campaigns to rejuvenate the Volkswagen brand in Singapore are merely
surface improvements.
Volkswagen must recognise that great service will leave an impression deeper than any fancy billboard
and creative advertisement.
Eugene Wong Jin Wei" - ST Forum, PUBLISHED ON JUN 9, 2014 12:05 AM

I am not too sure, is it because of their lack of workshop or quality servicemen to perform quality servicing?

Its only these few years that we saw more VW on the roads, and their nos. of workshops may not be able to cope with the increase in their cars.

Correct me if I am wrong, paiseh :)

VW = Veli Wong car for some,... In Europe, they are jus cars college kids use. But over here,... it's over-rated, jus coz it has a European badge. Go to China and you'll see plenty of them as taxis....

Personally,.. a high end Jap / Korean car will perform jus as well or better,... for almost the same price.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

VW = Veli Wong car for some,... In Europe, they are jus cars college kids use. But over here,... it's over-rated, jus coz it has a European badge. Go to China and you'll see plenty of them as taxis....

Personally,.. a high end Jap / Korean car will perform jus as well or better,... for almost the same price.

so many complain on VW but it is still selling like hot cakes hahah

(edited)

IMHO, it is the branding issue. B&B conti car against B&B jap/Korean car. With almost similar price, people would go for the Conti car. The issue may have originated from the sudden extreme market demand for the last couple of years, without proper planning of the after sales service support centre. Coupled with some 'different defective' items which only happens in our roads.

I wonder if the similar range defective items takes place in other country with /without similar climate like ours....if yes, does VW has the capacity to address the issues on time and correctly... ?

I recall, my old neighbours had the "beetle" VW and the roti van VW in the 70's, those cars really lasted very long and had ardent fanatics fan and club, just like Harley Davidson..... They were very proud of their VW.... May be it is different eras after all....

Edited by Janling3

Turbocharged

touch heart and reflect. lol. wonder if its really true or just one sided story. [dizzy]

if one moron could ask MFA to help claim money back from an unsatisfied illegal sex service, I'm quite sure anything is possible in this universe... [laugh]

If you take away the reliability issue from the equation,

put one Corolla Altis and one Jetta side-by-side, no brainer which one to pick.

IMHO, it is the branding issue. B&B conti car against B&B jap/Korean car. With almost similar price, people would go for the Conti car. The issue may have originated from the sudden extreme market demand for the last couple of years, without proper planning of the after sales service support centre. Coupled with some 'different defective' items which only happens in our roads.

I wonder if the similar range defective items takes place in other country with /without similar climate like ours....if yes, does VW has the capacity to address the issues on time and correctly... ?

I recall, my old neighbours had the "beetle" VW and the roti van VW in the 70's, those cars really lasted very long and had ardent fanatics fan and club, just like Harley Davidson..... They were very proud of their VW.... May be it is different eras after all....

I have owned 2 supposedly problem vehicles and both have been my fav.... And they did not cause me have the problems I see in some of the modern cars..... But they were Jap and spend a lot of their mileage at high speed....

Maybe the VWs were ment for constant high speed and it does not suite our stop start traffic here...

Supercharged

If you take away the reliability issue from the equation,

put one Corolla Altis and one Jetta side-by-side, no brainer which one to pick.

Jetta? cos horsepower higher? [laugh]

Hypersonic

People could be buying the badge of the car rather than the spec of the car? I know a few people who was driving 1.6L jap cars all along, but changed to VW cars and all of them feel like they have 'upgraded' their status. [scholar]

These people that buy conti like to feel they have "arrived"

but more likely their gearbox kaput and they are stranded on the side of the road.

So they really haven't arrived.

:D

• Praise 3

Go to China and you'll see plenty of them as taxis....

No need China lah.

Singapore oso got VW Vanos taxis. You never see before meh?

I took a VW Vanos taxi from the hotel to Heathrow Airport, in my last trip to London.

These people that buy conti like to feel they have "arrived"

but more likely their gearbox kaput and they are stranded on the side of the road.

So they really haven't arrived.

:D

And pardon the pun :D

Heehee

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

you guys sld try Alpine motors............bring back your chevrolet and tell them any problem they will tell you..............."IT'S LIKE THAT ONE".................. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Volkswagen in German means "People's car".. its a term coined by Hitler and his dear party to give the German pple a cheap form of mass transportation... in fact Volkswagen means cheap and affordable...nothing prestigious abt it....

A car is after all still a car. In SG context, after 10 years no matter how "prestige" the car is, it'll end up in the scrapyard, recycled into the next drink can or rebar steel for buildings.

• Praise 1