VW jin-buay-song owner

Eyke

I thought that was Toyota?

:D

So sorry for the confusion. VW has the highest complaint received by CASE.

You are right sir. Toyota Camry is the best selling car in America. Nearly 400,000 units per year.

↡ Advertisement

So sorry for the confusion. VW has the highest complaint received by CASE.

It all make sense now. [thumbsup]

I test drove the A3 recently. Like it very much. Was told it uses the same engine as the Jetta. The SE said the GB built in Europe and VW built in South Africa so cannot compare. Audi has better QC and workmanship so no issue on their GB.

I still feel insecure after hearing so many complaints about this GB.

Anyone can comment if the above is true?

Turbocharged

I test drove the A3 recently. Like it very much. Was told it uses the same engine as the Jetta. The SE said the GB built in Europe and VW built in South Africa so cannot compare. Audi has better QC and workmanship so no issue on their GB.

Does it come with 7dsg dry gb? If yes, then it's the same stuff regardless of where it was build... And of you are buying it, just make sure it come with mineral oil hor... Hehehe

(edited)

238,000km? you drive to Thailand is it?

how many years old already your alfa?

I got her when she was 164,000 km.

Covered 74,000km in 29months.

Average 85km per day, 30,000km per year.

Weekdays:-

To work, 25km.

To lunch and back 2-20km.

Back home 25.

To dinner 15-40km.

If that I need to visit clients, easily 60km-120km more per day (once or twice a week).

Mileage gets lower if I travel overseas to compensate the high miles days.

Weekends (Sat/Sun).

(1) In-laws 30km total if dinner at in-laws, more if go out for dinner.

(2) other weekend, maybe go shopping or others.

If actual breakdown of mileage, it's all about leisure driving & not so for official work related.

And she's 9 years old

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Does it come with 7dsg dry gb? If yes, then it's the same stuff regardless of where it was build... And of you are buying it, just make sure it come with mineral oil hor... Hehehe

If I not wrong yes 7 speed dry gb. :(

wah hahaha.....many VW haters

To be frank, many are jealous and just waiting for the chance to trounce this conti brand. Many are staunch supporters of jap makes and have been feeling anguish that their favourite brands are losing ground these few years. Just nice got this golden opportunity. Quickly addd oil add fire for sweet revenger lah.

Even if got no dsg issues, they would be reluctant to change. And would be too happy to regret at any opportunity, haha. Tio boh?

wah hahaha.....many VW haters

Many were fans when they bought the car and this only changed

when their cars broke down.

This is the triump of marketing over product engineering.

• Praise 1

To be frank, many are jealous and just waiting for the chance to trounce this conti brand. Many are staunch supporters of jap makes and have been feeling anguish that their favourite brands are losing ground these few years. Just nice got this golden opportunity. Quickly addd oil add fire for sweet revenger lah.

Even if got no dsg issues, they would be reluctant to change. And would be too happy to regret at any opportunity, haha. Tio boh?

Maybe you can try getting one Jetta and feedback after 1 year ba.. [sly]

Oops... Maybe 3 month is enough for you to write one full page comment here... [bounce1]

Then. Good luck to you.

Supersonic

No la, maybe not all VW cars have gear problems?! Maybe there are still a few not problem? Cause I have friends bought jetta, my carpark here also have 1-2 jetta, but so far always see their cars around le. Lol. [:p]

No la, maybe not all VW cars have gear problems?! Maybe there are still a few not problem? Cause I have friends bought jetta, my carpark here also have 1-2 jetta, but so far always see their cars around le. Lol. [:p]

Hardly drive.

U should your car to VW.

The people that complain the loudest are owners and not people that don't own the car.

Long before the DSG issues came up, there were so many posts on BITOG

on VW engines sludge. Please feel free to read up on VW sludge issues on BITOG.

The posters on the sludge issues were also from owners and not jealous and staunch supporters

of Jap makes.

(edited)

doubt it's QC issue. Reckon it's the design and fundamental issues. There's one at my place going in and out of w/s.

A3 has more issues than A6.

If "need" to drive robotised transmission, take Reno EDC or Alfa TCT, much much less issues reported (but not as smooth or fast switching).

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

While VW's 7 speed dsg dry gb models give VW a bad reputation, lets not forget there are the 6 speed wet dsg that is worth commenting. [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1