VW jin-buay-song owner

Eyke

Supercharged

While VW's 7 speed dsg dry gb models give VW a bad reputation, lets not forget there are the 6 speed wet dsg that is worth commenting. [:)]

why VW die die don't want give up the 7sp DSG and just use a 6spd wet gb..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

why VW die die don't want give up the 7sp DSG and just use a 6spd wet gb..

cos it is expensive and by right, 7sp dry DSG is suppose to be "maintenance free" aka no need to change transmission fluid. that's why is call a "dry" sump. very little DSG fluid is dip into the gb and also making the car lighter.

doubt it's QC issue. Reckon it's the design and fundamental issues. There's one at my place going in and out of w/s.

A3 has more issues than A6.

If "need" to drive robotised transmission, take Reno EDC or Alfa TCT, much much less issues reported (but not as smooth or fast switching).

When u said A3 has more issues, is it just a perceived or actual occurences as I have at least 3 friends driving the latest A3 and they dun have problem.

(edited)

A3 uses S-tronic which is a 7-speed dual clutch tranny.

A6 2.0L uses multitronic which is CVT in Audi's speak.

So, you go figure out, which is more/less problematic.

There's good reasons why some car makers are sticking strictly to 6-speed dual clutch and enjoying much much better reliability than this infamous 7.

When u said A3 has more issues, is it just a perceived or actual occurences as I have at least 3 friends driving the latest A3 and they dun have problem.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Volkswagen in German means "People's car".. its a term coined by Hitler and his dear party to give the German pple a cheap form of mass transportation... in fact Volkswagen means cheap and affordable...nothing prestigious abt it....

Yup.VW is a bread and butter car for a lot of EU countries.

Maybe you can try getting one Jetta and feedback after 1 year ba.. [sly]

Oops... Maybe 3 month is enough for you to write one full page comment here... [bounce1]

Let me count, i drive my VW Touran for 2 years and 8 months before trading it in.

So is it long enough for you haha?

Not all vw owners are unhappy. I highly suspect those who make loudest noise are those who drove jap cars previously and have been having second thoughts all along. So suay suay got the lemon dsg and complain and complain to vent their frustrations.

Yup.VW is a bread and butter car for a lot of EU countries.

Look at the pricelist of vw cars now in Singapore. Isn't it at b&b level with other jap makes?

Look at the pricelist of vw cars now in Singapore. Isn't it at b&b level with other jap makes?

But people's perception here is, b&b price with conti badge. Sibei wu hua, so hoot ah! Hoot already then realised the DSG issue.

to be fair, no car are perfect de lo...

farloli also on fire wat...

toyota and honda also call back their faulty cars wat....

buying a car sometimes also see heng suay...these few days i saw a few cars break down at traffic junctions, and they are Mercs, BMW, and watever brands.... why target VW only?

just my 2 cents opinion...

No la, maybe not all VW cars have gear problems?! Maybe there are still a few not problem? Cause I have friends bought jetta, my carpark here also have 1-2 jetta, but so far always see their cars around le. Lol. [:p]

don't dare to drive around too much to delay potential repairs.

yes, but when comes to svc & repair, the pricing no longer b&b.

frankly, i've been wanting to own one few years ago but really lose confidence based on the extent of feedback in related forums and news. i even have a fren who owned an NA polo that stalled twice in 2 yrs of ownership.

NONE of the cars i've owned have such issues other than usual wear & tear (e.g. starter motor for 16yo, steering rack for 5+yo) and svcing.

Let me count, i drive my VW Touran for 2 years and 8 months before trading it in.

Not all vw owners are unhappy. I highly suspect those who make loudest noise are those who drove jap cars previously and have been having second thoughts all along. So suay suay got the lemon dsg and complain and complain to vent their frustrations.

So you think people that buy lemons from VW and got bad service from the AD should

just keep quiet and not complain?

This is a car forum and we come here to share what is good and no good so that buyers

can make an informed decision.

I would like to thank all the people here for sharing their valuable experience

on their cars and the service they have been receiving.

If you do not like to hear people's opinions on their cars then maybe you are in the wrong

forum and if you only like to hear good things then I think there is a radio station just for you.

:D

• Praise 1

A3 uses S-tronic which is a 7-speed dual clutch tranny.

A6 2.0L uses multitronic which is CVT in Audi's speak.

So, you go figure out, which is more/less problematic.

There's good reasons why some car makers are sticking strictly to 6-speed dual clutch and enjoying much much better reliability than this infamous 7.

http://www.tradeinqualityindex.com/reports/Audi.html

Hmm, according to this report, seems like A3 more reliable than A4.

Hypersonic

So you think people that buy lemons from VW and got bad service from the AD should

just keep quiet and not complain?

This is a car forum and we come here to share what is good and no good so that buyers

can make an informed decision.

I would like to thank all the people here for sharing their valuable experience

on their cars and the service they have been receiving.

If you do not like to hear people's opinions on their cars then maybe you are in the wrong

forum and if you only like to hear good things then I think there is a radio station just for you.

:D

Gold 90.5FM? [laugh]

• Praise 1

so ur 2.67 yo ride nvr ever have any issue, including MU and clutch replacement? what's the mileage like?

Supersonic

Audi_3.gif

This is the graphical view. A4 least reliable than A3 and even A3 more reliable than A6.

ahemmm.....that's kinda like saying fail at 49 marks is better than failing at 40 marks. but bottom line is: still fail. [:p]

↡ Advertisement