Singapore's worst driving habit: Drivers who don't signal

Darthrevan

Supersonic

They should include drivers who think their car signal very big, usually when they signal they just change lanes without checking, or once they switch on their signal, they can park anywhere they like.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oh yeah!!!! Those who supported road hoggers.. Speeding is alot less irritating to fellow drivers than road hogging...

• Praise 4

We have the statistics now, why there are more installation of speeding cams when speeding doesn't really cause the accidents? Out on the road, it's not difficult to catch majority of drivers who don't signal. Just need a few months period for the TPs to ply the road to change the bad habits by fining these group of people and that should take care of the basic road manners but I see none of such actions.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

We have the statistics now, why there are more installation of speeding cams when speeding doesn't really cause the accidents? Out on the road, it's not difficult to catch majority of drivers who don't signal. Just need a few months period for the TPs to ply the road to change the bad habits by fining these group of people and that should take care of the basic road manners but I see none of such actions.

Because failure to signal only $70 fine?

And how about who need to steer left before they turn right? Or those who drive in the middle of the carpark leaving u with only a narrow path to squeeze through?

• Praise 3

Supersonic

TP too busy hiding on bridge to film drivers who exceed speed limit.

So it's a free for all on how you drive on the roads.

Oh yeah, you can drift left or right as you wish without signalling.

Anyone who hit you from behind is automatically at fault.

• Praise 1

(edited)

And how about who need to steer left before they turn right? Or those who drive in the middle of the carpark leaving u with only a narrow path to squeeze through?

For those who like to steer left before turn right will usually slightly eat into the other lane while negotiating turns, to me they are just brainless drivers. I have seen majority of them practise this unwise move too. I really cannot understand when the lanes are wide and even when making a u-turn to the opposite direction, there are 3 lanes and they like to eat abit into the next lane before turning. It is not as if the road is tight and narrow or their ride is a super long limousine. One word for them, Kayu.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 4

[mad] I hate goods vehicle who suddenly change to the lane 2 or 1 on expressway, causing the oncoming vehicle on the faster lane to brake HARD to avoid collision and hoping the car behind brake in time as well! [mad]
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Singapore's worst driving habit: Being a shit driver.

when I first saw the thread title, my first response was:

Singapore's worst driving habit: Driving

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Supersonic

[mad] I hate goods vehicle who suddenly change to the lane 2 or 1 on expressway, causing the oncoming vehicle on the faster lane to brake HARD to avoid collision and hoping the car behind brake in time as well! [mad]

Unsure if its an offence, but their tall height at times can cause visibility issues.

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters. Maybe itsbecause many are entreprenuers.

• Praise 1

Unsure if its an offence, but their tall height at times can cause visibility issues.

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters. Maybe itsbecause many are entreprenuers.

many won't mind tail gater because these will give way .... or simply bo-chup :D

• Praise 1

Yes!

What makes me pissed off and Jin du lan is that there are some drivers who think that their signal light is so scarce and holy that they cannot be turn on or use ...

Simple scenario : at a T-junction, while waiting at the stop line, you look to your left and right for any incoming vehicle... Suddenly there's this kuku driver happily driving his/her car and slowly approaching the T-junction, as he/she got the right of way, so lan lan wait lor.....

As this bugger didn't signal his/her intention, I assumed that he is going straight.... Suddenly! Tmd! The car right turn into the T-junction!

There're cao cao 3 to 4 cars Q-ing behind me thanks to this selfish bugger! Should he or she signal earlier, the 5 cars including myself could have cross the road!

I can "sompa" that I ALWAYS signal my intention as I believe that a small act such as signaling can makes other people life easier !!!! Agree?

• Praise 5

Yes!

What makes me pissed off and Jin du lan is that there are some drivers who think that their signal light is so scarce and holy that they cannot be turn on or use ...

Simple scenario : at a T-junction, while waiting at the stop line, you look to your left and right for any incoming vehicle... Suddenly there's this kuku driver happily driving his/her car and slowly approaching the T-junction, as he/she got the right of way, so lan lan wait lor.....

As this bugger didn't signal his/her intention, I assumed that he is going straight.... Suddenly! Tmd! The car right turn into the T-junction!

There're cao cao 3 to 4 cars Q-ing behind me thanks to this selfish bugger! Should he or she signal earlier, the 5 cars including myself could have cross the road!

I can "sompa" that I ALWAYS signal my intention as I believe that a small act such as signaling can makes other people life easier !!!! Agree?

Totally agree. Frequently meet with these kind of drivers causing people to wait unnecessarily.
  • Praise 1

bloody hate those (intentionally or kuku) who don't signal at the lanes that can either go straight or right turn.

or is it i am just too impatient

↡ Advertisement