Singapore's worst driving habit: Drivers who don't signal

Darthrevan

Turbocharged

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters.

Actually it meant 10% of the people list tailgating as their no.1 choice of bad driving habit.

The way the poll is conducted is somewhat flawed ; cos participants can only pick one habit that irritates them most.

I am sure 99% don't like to be tailgated ( the 1% who like is actually broke and hoping to be rear ended so he can make a quick buck) ; but since the participants can only pick one , being tailgated is not the no.1 choice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4th Gear

If you noticed, people will signal on right/left turn ONLY lane, but at a go straight and/or turn right/left lane they won't signal.

[confused][hur]

Yes!

What makes me pissed off and Jin du lan is that there are some drivers who think that their signal light is so scarce and holy that they cannot be turn on or use ...

Simple scenario : at a T-junction, while waiting at the stop line, you look to your left and right for any incoming vehicle... Suddenly there's this kuku driver happily driving his/her car and slowly approaching the T-junction, as he/she got the right of way, so lan lan wait lor.....

As this bugger didn't signal his/her intention, I assumed that he is going straight.... Suddenly! Tmd! The car right turn into the T-junction!

There're cao cao 3 to 4 cars Q-ing behind me thanks to this selfish bugger! Should he or she signal earlier, the 5 cars including myself could have cross the road!

I can "sompa" that I ALWAYS signal my intention as I believe that a small act such as signaling can makes other people life easier !!!! Agree?

bloody hate those (intentionally or kuku) who don't signal at the lanes that can either go straight or right turn.

or is it i am just too impatient

If you noticed, people will signal on right/left turn ONLY lane, but at a go straight and/or turn right/left lane they won't signal.

[confused][hur]

that's just whacked and also damn inconsiderate to those behind

Drivers who turn on their LED lights in night instead of their main headlamp.

Thinking their car look stylish when in fact it cause blindness to other drivers

• Praise 2

(edited)

[confused][hur]

The very least, they must indicate their signals when on shared lane, so vehicles from behind can change lane to avoid them mar. So difficult meh, won't cut their flesh to up/down the stick right.. Edited by Optramagnum

(edited)

bloody hate those (intentionally or kuku) who don't signal at the lanes that can either go straight or right turn.

Yes! You're not alone bro. I am also sibeh dulan when I met such drivers.

Some people when they are at lanes which can go straight and turn right, they chose not to signal so I assumed that they are going straight just like me. When the light turn green, they refuse to move because they are not going straight but instead turning right!

End up I need to signal left so as to filter to the next lane to proceed straight (but sometimes not possible due to heavy traffic) and by the time I filter to the next lane, RED LIGHT liao..... Waste of my time!

** I am referring to when I am the 2nd or 3rd car because if there's more than 4 to 5 cars Q-ing on the lane, I will join the other lane which are going straight

Edited by Slyison
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Some people when they are at lanes which can go straight and turn right, they chose not to signal so I assumed that they are going straight just like me. When the light turn green, they refuse to move because they are not going straight but instead turning right!

End up I need to signal left so as to filter to the next lane to proceed straight (but sometimes not possible due to heavy traffic) and by the time I filter to the next lane, RED LIGHT liao..... Waste of my time!

And some of these busturds must die die turn from that lane when the inside lane is empty or 1-2 cars while most vehicles are going straight. Feel like strangling them with their seat belt and activating their airbags to punch them in their 25 cents face.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Thinking their car look stylish when in fact it cause blindness to other drivers

Agreed

In fact, i'd rather they put the led lights inside the cabin!

Supersonic

Looks like most people who drive on sg roads here really cannot make it, and it is getting more and more stressful to drive!

Did the surveyors reflect that #2 is the chief cause of #1? :D

And #4, #5 (and possibly #8) is a result of #3?

• Praise 2

Supercharged

It is still better than totally no lights at all.

It is still better than nothing at all. [:/]

Supercharged

In fact, i'd rather they put the led lights inside the cabin!

But but.... some things, or activities are better done, in the dark ! :ph34r:

** I am referring to when I am the 2nd or 3rd car because if there's more than 4 to 5 cars Q-ing on the lane, I will join the other lane which are going straight

Well, have you met those to signal right only when the lights turn green?

It is still better than totally no lights at all.

It is still better than nothing at all. [:/]

Yah haha but people who no light sometimes its becos forget one

But on LED every night, whats the use of main headlamp?

Supercharged

But on LED every night, whats the use of main headlamp?

It is for driving into the dark lanes or car park to..... [lipsrsealed] In those total pitch dark conditions, the main headlamps will be put to good use!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1