Company register/Data Register Pte Ltd

Dleodleo

Hi,

I received a letter dated 5 June 20114 from the above company asking me to verify my company information. Failure to do so within 2 weeks from the date of the letter, my company's information will be deleted from the Singapore Company Register database.

Not only i receive, the company which i employed in also receive this letter.

I felt fishy and did some google and found the following:
ACRA issues alert against entity "Singapore Company Register" - xinmsn News

COMPANY REGISTER PTE. LTD Scam - Discuss SG

So, please take note and inform your friends.

I will definitely ignore this letter.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi,

I received a letter dated 5 June 20114 from the above company asking me to verify my company information. Failure to do so within 2 weeks from the date of the letter, my company's information will be deleted from the Singapore Company Register database.

kin!!!! poh mata!!!

• Praise 1

Hi,

what is the big deal to be deleted from the singapore register database? not to mentioned it doesn't sound official.

Supersonic
(edited)

what is the big deal to be deleted from the singapore register database?

It's a fear thing. No proper business wants to lose their licence and name, so they prey on this.

There is another company called DP Bureau Pte Ltd that keeps sending me letter to renew with them.

I just ignore them as well.

They want to make $20 out of something I can just pay ACRA myself.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi,

This type of letter unless come in gahmen envelope if not is fake one.

Even come in gahmen envelop also will call and ask.

Wonder if any company Kenna con.

This type targets small businesses de...

My TCM doctor kena conned. Made polis report.

This type of letter unless come in gahmen envelope if not is fake one.

Even come in gahmen envelop also will call and ask.

Wonder if any company Kenna con.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This type targets small businesses de...

My TCM doctor kena conned. Made polis report.

Maybe the local small company.

This happen as early as in Nov 2013. ACRA "investigate" til now this company still alive? What the F is the authorities doing?

• Praise 1

Please call ACRA and CAD to compliant...I called ACRA and was told CAD was investigasting on the case and all who have received the letter, please report your case to CAD or to the police.

Please call ACRA and CAD to compliant...I called ACRA and was told CAD was investigasting on the case and all who have received the letter, please report your case to CAD or to the police.

I emaileed to ACRA and feedback to them liao.

I found a thread in hardwarezone forum. So this case started in 2013 liao.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bbreaking-news%5D-acra-investigating-singapore-company-register-letter-4467040.html

I see the letter in the above forum, found that they have changed the company name/logo. They indicated SINGAPORE COMPANY REGISTAR in the 2013 letter. But the letter i receive, their company name/logo is only COMPANY REGISTAR.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Never log in, once you login they will bill you SGD 490

Feedback to ACRA and make a police report is what we should do.

Edited by Santafe

Supercharged

Press Release

ACRA BRINGS CHARGES AGAINST DATA REGISTER PTE LTD (PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS “COMPANY REGISTER PTE LTD”) FOR OFFENCES COMMITTED UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT

Singapore, 24 Jan 2014 – The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) has brought 78 charges against the company known as Data Register Pte Ltd (previously known as “Company Register Pte Ltd”) for offences committed under the Companies Act. Six similar charges are pending issuance on Monday. Data Register Pte Ltd is charged with multiple breaches of section 144 of the Companies Act for failing to display the company name and registration number in its correspondences with companies in November 2013. In those correspondences, it requested companies to verify their company details with it through its website.

2. A single breach of section 144 of the Companies Act carries a maximum fine of S$1,000. The purpose of section 144 is to ensure that the legal identity of every company must be revealed to anyone who has, or may wish to have, dealings with it. Any member of public can conduct a free search on ACRA’s online business directory to check information such as the name, registration number, address and status of any company registered with ACRA.

3. Since November 2013, ACRA has received over two thousand queries from members of the public in relation to the correspondences they had received from Data Register Pte Ltd. Many members of the public informed ACRA that they had mistakenly assumed that Data Register Pte Ltd was linked to ACRA and that they were obliged to provide the requested information. After Data Register Pte Ltd sought payment for subscription services from some companies, ACRA again received queries asking whether such payment had to be made.

4. ACRA issued two public alerts on Data Register Pte Ltd. These were on 14 Nov 2013 and 16 Jan 2014 when ACRA stated that it had no links to this company. ACRA also informed the public that companies that needed to update their records with us, should do so through our online filing and information retrieval system - BizFile. Under normal circumstances, ACRA would not approach companies to
Page 2 of 3
seek payment via email or letter. Most companies transact with ACRA and make online payments via Bizfile.

5. With regard to allegations that these actions amounted to a scam, ACRA has referred the case to the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) for their investigation into the business activities of Data Register Pte Ltd.

6. As the case is now before the courts, members of the public may consider waiting for further developments before making payment. Members of the public who have unwittingly made payment may wish to seek legal advice, or request for a refund from the company.
###
For media’s background reference:
Section 144 – Failure to publish Company’s Name and Registration Number Section 144 (1) states that the name of a company shall appear in legible romanised letters on its seal; and all business letters, statements of account, invoices, official notices, publications, bills of exchange, promissory notes, indorsements, cheques, orders, receipts and letters of credit of or purporting to be issued or signed by or on behalf of the company. Section 144 (1A) states that the registration number of a company shall appear in a legible form on all business letters, statements of account, invoices, official notices and publications of or purporting to be issued or signed by or on behalf of the company.
Addendum by the National Heritage Board (NHB):
The use of the Lion Head symbol is governed by the NHB Guidelines which state that:
a. any individual, organisation or company can use the Lion Head symbol for purposes of identifying with the nation; and
b. while Singapore companies may use the Lion Head symbol as a means of identifying themselves with Singapore, it should not be assumed or taken to indicate any kind of official endorsement of the companies' products or services.
c. The Lion Head symbol should be used in good taste and treated with dignity and respect. Its design should not be modified in any way or have any words or graphics superimposed over it. However, it may be depicted in outline form, be embossed or portrayed as a watermark.
Page 3 of 3
The symbol can be used by individuals, organisations or companies for purposes of identifying with the nation as it promotes national identity. However, it should not be assumed or taken to indicate any kind of official or government endorsement of the companies’ products or services. The public should also note that the Lion Head symbol differs from the State Crest which is used only by government bodies.

For media enquiries, please contact:
[On ACRA matters]

Ms Ang Siok Hui
Head, Corporate Communications
Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
Email: [email protected]
[On NHB matters]
Ms Cheryl Koh
Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications
National Heritage Board
Email: [email protected]

• Praise 4

My company just got ours a few days ago. Called up ACRA to confirm and asked if they want the letter for reference or else we just gonna shred.

ACRA say no need, they already got many many samples. But if they send anything else then we should inform ACRA immediately.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1