Company register/Data Register Pte Ltd

Dleodleo

Supercharged

Dunno why ACRA can't take 3-yr renewals. I suppose it keeps them busy processing yearly renewals so as to justify headcount and performance bonus.

• Praise 1

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/police-confirm-data/1175052.html

Its in the news.

SINGAPORE: Authorities confirmed on Wednesday that investigations into a company called Data Register started in January this year.

In a statement, the police said the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) has also seized the monies from the company's bank account.

It added that the courts will decide how the seized monies are to be dealt with, after the conclusion of CAD's investigation.

Data Register has been in the news since December 2013 when it emerged that the company was sending letters to other companies, asking them to verify their details.

The letters were designed to look like official letters sent by the authorities.

Once verified, companies which registered with Data Register have to pay an annual subscription fee of S$490.

This prompted the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) to issue an alert, saying it has no links whatsoever to Data Register, and that it is investigating the matter.

More recently, blogger Grace Tan wrote about receiving a similar letter from the company.

In an ironic twist of events, she said she then received a letter from law firm Rodyk & Davidson demanding the removal of the blog post and a request for a public apology.

The lawyer's letter stated that Tan's statements in her blog were defamatory as she suggested that Data Register "is a fake entity and threatens recipients of its letters".

Police said investigations into the company are ongoing.

i think they cheated me $5mil. [smallcry]

• Praise 1

MATA short on manpower la.

only big big case like murders or cases related to MIW, they will act fast fast.

And it also depends on their list of priorities, I guess.

Eg. After the big riot in Little India, they built a multi-million dollar police command centre. But unfortunately, the command centre is in Sentosa. [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Dunno why ACRA can't take 3-yr renewals. I suppose it keeps them busy processing yearly renewals so as to justify headcount and performance bonus.

Every year they want to make sure you pay medisave.

That's another way to force you to pay up to CPF.

• Praise 1

Lifestyle blogger receives 2nd letter from law firm regarding blog post about misrepresenting company
June 28 2014
By Tiffany Gwee
This is a follow-up to an article. Read the 1st article here.
A 2nd letter had been sent to lifestyle blogger Ms. Grace Tan on 19 June following her refusal to put up a public apology online after her blog post “Singapore Company Register – Business Owners BEWARE!” was put up to raise awareness about the company.
Company Continues to Refute Claims
In the 2nd letter sent to Ms. Tan, the lawyers stated that since the issues that Ms. Tan raised “are presently pending investigations by the relevant authorities”, it would be “inappropriate” for them to discuss about the issues.
However, the company has “wholly (denied) and (refuted)” her statements about them in her website, claiming that they “are plainly defamatory in nature”.
“Deflecting Blame”?
The lawyers noted that Ms. Tan had apparently “made reference to other parties to justify (her) actions”. They mentioned that anything else that other parties have done is “not relevant to the issue of culpability for (her) own actions”.
“We further note that you denied that the statements in your website are defamatory. Instead, you have simply sought to deflect all blame to others.”
Demand has no Basis
Ms. Tan had wrote to the lawyers explaining that she did not want to put up an apology partially because she felt “criminally intimidated”. In the letter, the lawyers felt that the “allegation that (their) client’s letter and letter of demand constitute criminal intimidation has no basis in fact or in law”.
Towards the end of the letter, it clearly stated that if Ms. Tan continues to “act on (her) written threats”, they will be “vigorously defended against”.
Firm Stance Against Lawyers
In a reply to the law firm, Ms. Tan asked for them to prove that her statements are “defamatory in nature”. “I maintain that they are not,” she writes in the reply.
She also listed down credible news sources to prove that the company had been in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Data Register Pte Ltd is now currently being investigated and is facing a total of 104 charges in court brought against it by ACRA. ACRA has also issued 4 public alerts about the company, warning businesses not to sign up with them.
According to Ms. Tan, the Commercial Affairs Department had “seized the monies from the company’s bank account” as well.
“All my rights are expressly reserved, including my right to not receive letters of harassment from legal firms. I advise you to cease and desist.”

Hypersonic

This data register co damn hardcore. Wonder who is behind it. Under investigation already still so garang.

Turbocharged

rich bully poor again. use bullcrap lawyer to scare pple. this type of company shld not exist & is a nuisance to society.

rich bully poor again. use bullcrap lawyer to scare pple. this type of company shld not exist & is a nuisance to society.

which law firm so hiong ah? [sly]

Every year they want to make sure you pay medisave.

That's another way to force you to pay up to CPF.

..cannot delay or cheat "cheng hu " $$...you will get big time...

This data register co damn hardcore. Wonder who is behind it. Under investigation already still so garang.

confirm hardcore. just sent another reminder letter to my company......and what does fka stands for?

dataregister1.jpg

dataregister2.jpg

confirm hardcore. just sent another reminder letter to my company......and what does fka stands for?

formally known as :D

formally known as :D

wah they take us as kids or what........

Company A under investigation.

Setup Company B. and then company B insist we must pay the bills rendered by Company A.

dataregister1.jpg

dataregister2.jpg

Formally Known As lor.

If I were you I make police report and forward all these to news media. Scamming has no boundaries in Singapore. So many ppl got scammed...handphone lar, buy car lah, and this.

Edited by Watwheels

Setup Company B. and then company B insist we must pay the bills rendered by Company A.

ma tu liao.

ka kin ka kin poh mata.....

give them xmas present

ma tu liao.

ka kin ka kin poh mata.....

give them xmas present

@watwheels & @mcf777

ok looks like I can find some time to pay a visit to police station on Monday. or will CAD be more appropriate? hehe (rubbing my hands gleefully)

Company no phone, need to use handphone in their letter :D

Company no phone, need to use handphone in their letter :D

and still try the game of bluff by scaring me with the interest of 8% per annum.

which decent company doesn't even indicate the finance manager's name? [hur]

↡ Advertisement