Foreigner Sponsor Table Tennis Team?

Jman888

I think should look at another angle. Even foreigner also buay tahan singapore always use china players [grin] And no give chance to locals <_<

yah...coz China kids are trained from young....our side all pampered.

anyway I let my daughter enjoy all the sports but not to the extend of giving up her studies, if not next time dun expect

your country to feed you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Then how? Who here can sponsor ? Talk is cheap.

However, it's also know that our SSC only support those "sports" and "talents" they think got future one. Those athletes they see no up one, can never get any support but still win medals. Recently you can see they try very hard to improve on this, they changed their name.

That's why don't like SSC. Behave just like our gahmen <_< Elitist mindset [:|]

All these sponsorship come with agenda lah....to get into the good book of the regime lah....you look at S league clubs...All the government linked clubs like Home United and SAFFC all being sponsored by companies ....agenda is to secure contract in these organization lah...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

yah...coz China kids are trained from young....our side all pampered.

anyway I let my daughter enjoy all the sports but not to the extend of giving up her studies, if not next time dun expect

your country to feed you.

In Singapore cannot expect to survive just on sports alone. Must be educated so that can go the long way. Sports will always be part time in this country.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Almost everything that you want to do here, for example, channel money into some activity - some joker will sure to ask what's the benefit?

Of course, this is not to say we are going to waste money, just that the benefit could be much more long term and more intangible, yet this is still not acceptable to local bosses' mindsets.

It's happening even in our schools - where focus is only given on those already good in some cca, and those cca got no chance to win are left to languish.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Singaporeans more proud to be able to buy Man u or whatever other pooftah football club than to encourage and sponsor local sport

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually, in any country it's the same. Either you have to be damn good, or you are nothing. It's whether you have the guts and talents to chiong to the best. Most of us won't take risks in Singapore and we are conditioned to think O levels -> A levels -> Uni, there is no alternative. But I look around, many Singaporeans and myself included, never take the "recommended" route package, still not bad lah. Not everything in life needs to be predictive.

In the US, they are very pro-sports - I don't mean the gahmen, but people in general. But you can be damn good in high school, only the best will continue play at college level. Then after college, only the very very best will play at the pro level. The best athletes get to go to top schools - although not all of them can graduate. Nothing is free, its a lot of hard work and determination.

Even that only some sports are recongize in USA.

Women weight lifting gold medalist got no sponsor and Remaind poor despite what she achieve.

or busy having dinner with WB... [laugh]

Boss, can Pm me ur item quotation? I want to buy and install

All these sponsorship come with agenda lah....to get into the good book of the regime lah....you look at S league clubs...All the government linked clubs like Home United and SAFFC all being sponsored by companies ....agenda is to secure contract in these organization lah...

Agree .....

Only sponsor scholarship with a bond after completing study, must work with them.... :ph34r:

Sportsmen or sportswomen after reaching 30 and without a paper qualification is just like a vehicle under normal wear & tear and to be set aside.... [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Forgot sg liao, bascake

Soon we will hear the news of him getting divorce and married to a Spanish

Will he take up spanish passport??

Singaporeans more proud to be able to buy Man u or whatever other pooftah football club than to encourage and sponsor local sport

Ok.............I have to agree with you on this..............

Singapore companies no money to sponsor? need a foreigner to give money?? <_<<_<
i think this is quite humiliating!

If u visit STTA, you will see a board with a list of names of those who donated. U will find many familiar names including our ministers and how much they contributed. But no one come close to giving so generously like this businessman.

I think it's sad. Sports can offer so much more benefits to a country than stupid banks.

Sports can give a nation identity. Can unite a nation (look at our Malaysia Cup days). Bring the people together.

If we have world-famous athletes, can also increase our profile in the world too.

If we pay our best athletes a good wage, and send them for training in the best places (not just Asia), I don't see why we cannot succeed. It's all about the mentality. We need to get out of the mindset that everything in life is about money.

Look at South Korea and how successful their football team is.

He needed to quit medical school in Taiwan because of his father’s illness. He later studied business in Nanyang University in Singapore, Nanyang Technological University’s predecessor.

This fella hardcore Chinese-educated leh. He studied medicine and business in Chinese language, his Mandarin must be sibeh tekong.

• Praise 1

(edited)

i was just wondering when these players won a medal, in their speech would they first say "i would like to thank Mr xxx for sponsoring me and allow me to train and compete full time without having to worry about my education in near future...." [rolleyes]

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1