Foreigner Sponsor Table Tennis Team?

Jman888

Importing players and making them instant citizens just to boost the egos of some is just plain abuse of TAX PAYERS' money.

Better spend on improving (or subsidising) sports facilities for the public.

• Praise 3

Its time we concentrate on our own players ... we can employ better coaches, but do give our own players a chance to shine ...

• Praise 1

Importing players and making them instant citizens just to boost the egos of some is just plain abuse of TAX PAYERS' money.

Better spend on improving (or subsidising) sports facilities for the public.

when i was young. have alot of t.t table on ground floor.

now i cannot even spot 1.

want to promote the sport .

start building the table, 

• Praise 3

That's the problem.

They will say residents complain...

Just saw a notice on my block, asking resident(s) to remove plants and whatsnot from the ground citing residents' complaints about mozzies/rodents/owls and maybe crocodiles infestation.... :D

Dare not approach the ground floor resident, but use tape to round up area, put a notice that by so and so date not remove, we help you to remove.... Obviously, those beautiful pots of flowers, lime trees and guava trees are planted by the ground floor residents.

Edited by Kangadrool

Sports fraternity sexperts, lip lai!!!

STTA drops Feng Tianwei from national table tennis team

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/stta-drops-feng-tianwei-from-national-table-tennis-team-135620462.html

This one lagi best...

Table Tennis: Singapore's player Li Hu sacked after disciplinary hearing

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/table-tennis-singapore-s-player-li-hu-sacked-after-disciplinary/3221764.html

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) has terminated the contract of men’s national player Li Hu following a disciplinary committee hearing on Monday night (Oct 24).

The three-person committee, chaired by STTA vice-president Lim Soon Hock, reached a unanimous decision to sack Li, following repeated breaches of the association’s Code of Conduct.

The disciplinary investigation found that Li had displayed insolence, insubordination and continued to violate house rules despite verbal warnings. This pertained to the 28-year-old misconduct in bringing a female guest to his dormitory on several occasions.

Reports last week indicate that Li, who is ranked 58th in the world, had already been evicted from the STTA hostel where he had been staying.

According to the STTA, the decision to terminate Li’s contract was also based on his track record with the association during his employment, noting that the player had also other disciplinary issues throughout his tenure.

Li had in fact been issued a final warning letter in January for another indiscretion, and he was also informed by writing that any further misconduct will warrant a termination of his employment.

Said Lim, in a statement issued by STTA: “The STTA does not tolerate indiscipline. Li Hu’s repeated breaches of the Code of Conduct is a cause of serious concern to the STTA. His insubordination is unacceptable and is not tolerated.”

Last week, it was reported that Li is assisting the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in a case of alleged attempted bribery said to be related to his disciplinary troubles.

When queried, CPIB declined to provide further information, saying in a statement to Channel NewsAsia: "Due to the nature of our work, we will not confirm or deny whether any individual or identity is being investigated for corrupt practices."

A former world junior champion, Hubei native Li arrived in Singapore in 2010 and became a citizen the next year. Once ranked as high as 26th in the world, he is seen as the natural successor to veterans Gao Ning and Yang Zi.

In 2014, he partnered Gao to a bronze medal in the men’s doubles at the Asian Games in Incheon, and to gold in the same event at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Li and Gao also won men’s doubles gold at the 2015 SEA Games.

But Singapore table tennis has suffered a dip in fortunes of late, with the men’s team failing to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics, while the women’s team returned empty-handed for the first time since the 2008 Games.

The reality of sports in Singapore. When expiry date comes either you become coach or you pack your bags.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

when you put people who has no passion on a job. their focus is to score polictical points not about the sport. it will fail.

by comparing the successful sport with those that failed, you can find the answers.

what i also dont like is you treat people like commodity. ELP failed in sport although they bring in money. but soon nobody will watch 2nd tier soccer anymore.

everyone like winner but buying will not make everyone happy.

• Praise 2

better to give chance to Singapore's own offspring

my last dollar . both will go back homeland for career advancement

The problem is, Singapore company don't sponsor Singaporean sportsperson.

Sports is hopeless in Singapore.

It is juz a tool for ppl to score point, like when JS win gold medal.

• Praise 2

They have paid so much to get her into the team, and now they drop her out?

At the end of the day, no one is bigger than the team. A man's (or in this case, a woman) got to know his limitations....Dirty Harry say one

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 3

Agree.

Less than 5 CCs in the whole of Spore that has table....

I am an optimist by nature but what is happening is really worrying. Everything we do today is all about dollars and cents. There is nothing really that we don't involved money.

Sports used to honour each and every man and woman's ability and there is a constant element of sportsmanship. Today, we import for instant win, we dangle million dollar rewards, we neglect those buddying kids in sports - we let them "do it on their own" until they win gold medal then we come in and lavish them with rewards, then exactly can we blame our "sportsman" who given up to represent their country or go so far to cheat with enhancing drugs.

Sad state, even in medicine too, where treating someone can cost multi-million dollars. These experts will not have the time to treat the less fortunate of our society. To think that there are limited spaces in the University for Medicine. The government do subsidize their education. For many medicine is now a business. SGH for one, ground floor now looks like shopping centre. Isnt hospital a place to find peace and quiet to recover.

Are we loosing it as a society and a country? How just can we contribute (small or big) as individual to make this place, our home, a better place?

• Praise 9

I am an optimist by nature but what is happening is really worrying. Everything we do today is all about dollars and cents. There is nothing really that we don't involved money.

Sports used to honour each and every man and woman's ability and there is a constant element of sportsmanship. Today, we import for instant win, we dangle million dollar rewards, we neglect those buddying kids in sports - we let them "do it on their own" until they win gold medal then we come in and lavish them with rewards, then exactly can we blame our "sportsman" who given up to represent their country or go so far to cheat with enhancing drugs.

Sad state, even in medicine too, where treating someone can cost multi-million dollars. These experts will not have the time to treat the less fortunate of our society. To think that there are limited spaces in the University for Medicine. The government do subsidize their education. For many medicine is now a business. SGH for one, ground floor now looks like shopping centre. Isnt hospital a place to find peace and quiet to recover.

Are we loosing it as a society and a country? How just can we contribute (small or big) as individual to make this place, our home, a better place?

Some patients recover by going shopping and having good food [nod]  They should have a proper smoking corner for patients too to smoke while recovering  [laugh]

Joking aside, there is not much we can do to buck this trend. Our ministers already set the trend. No high salary, wont serve the country. As an individual I always just try my best to help the less fortunate on (individual basis and ad hoc when situation arises) without thinking of any monetary benefits or self interest. In fact I am doing that now. I post here without getting paid  :XD:

• Praise 5

all these NEW Citizen pocketed millions of dollars from the medals they had won.

now song song can go back Tiong Kok get married and shake leg

all these NEW Citizen pocketed millions of dollars from the medals they had won.

now song song can go back Tiong Kok get married and shake leg

can meh?? after they give up their china citizen,  so easily can take back??

↡ Advertisement